Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEB 21)

Good Morning, Ladies!  Hope the snow/ice did not cause any of you too many problems.  We are expecting rain today and tomorrow, and snow in the mountains.  According to the weather forecast, it should be warmer/nicer starting next Tuesday.  I can't wait.  

Penne in vodka sauce is one of my favorites, Marijane.  It is funny, but it was a recipe I got from a male friend of mine. He did not do much cooking, but loved that pasta as well.  I don't have any vodka in the house since I don't drink it, but maybe I should consider buying a small bottle.  I'm into treating myself to foods I enjoy.  I think I'd love eating at your house.  

I have my last grief and grieving OLLI class today, and I'll go to the gym later.  There is a Caregivers group, but our regular leader is out, and I don't enjoy the "sub" who will be leading the meeting.  Nice guy, just not a good leader for the group.

My friend who had dental implants done a couple of weeks ago is in a lot of pain on the left side, and is going back to the surgeon today.  I hope she doesn't have an abscess like Charlene.

I like the TSV, but it is an easy pass for me since I certainly don't need any more spring decorations.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEB 21)

Linda L, I hope that your area gets a nice warm-up next week.  I have never heard of penne in Vodka, but I will try anything once.  I hope that your grief Olli class go well today.  It sounds like another busy day for you.  I hope that your friend that had the dental implants doesn't have to have a lot of painful things done again.

It's a beautiful sunny day & I am making the most of it.  We are supposed to be getting freezing rain, rain and snow on Saturday & Sunday.  Snow I can handle, but I don't like any kind of rain.

The exciting news here was an email from our dd last night.  Our eldest dgs just found out that he is one of the top two GPA students in his class & will be getting a $10,000 scholarship to any college in the state.  He has direct acceptance into the UW -Madison school of business.  We are all happy for him and it's been a lot of hard work.

We are going out for lunch with some friends.  Then us gals hope to beat the guys at cards.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful news about your DGS, twinny.  Congratulations to him, his parents, and his grands!

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I do hope you get your warm weather soon. I just saw a pic of the Vegas area with snow. Mother Nature is doing reversals on us. Like you, I have no desire for the TSV.

Twinny--Like you, I've never heard of penne in vodka sauce. I wouldn't mind trying it but it isn't something I would make. Congrats to your DGS upon his scholarship; you have to take great pride in his achievements.

I went back to work today after only about 4 hours of sleep. I couldn't turn my mind off last night. When I came home, it was 56 degrees which is definitely not the norm for us. I keep waiting for a late snow storm to hit us. I can remember it snowing in late March and there was a dusting of snow on my birthday in April once.

I deposited my check from work and then stopped for some fill-in groceries at the local overpriced supermarket.  The Progresso soup was almost $1  higher on the can than in the city.Needless to say, I didn't buy it but the l limited number of "fill ins" was acceptable in price.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon all - It's quite cold and hailing as I write this.

Linda - I've never heard of penne in vodka sauce either.  I don't drink alcohol, but I do cook with it sometimes. I join you in hoping that your friend with implants doesn't have any major problems.  Haven't bought a TSV in a long time - a good thing.  twinny - congrats to your DGS on his wonderful grades and financial help for college - that is a great accomplishment!  Jean - that wouldn't have been much fun to work all day on only a few hours of sleep.

I made a Walmart run today but was good about only picking up items I need (except for a fresh pizza which we'll have for dinner).  It felt good to get out and stretch my legs, so to speak.  Yesterday I got over 15,000 steps in, which is way more than usual, lol.

Not much going on around here, which is fine with me - hope all is well with our regulars and visitors alike.  ~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--Congrats upon the 15,000 steps. Also, great job of going to WalMart and buying only what you need. The pizza sounds great for dinner. I'll have some with pepperoni, mushrooms, and banana peppers!! Smiley Happy

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.