Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEB. 16)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I survived the procedure yesterday but am tired. The good news is that there was no sign of the cancer returning, so I won't need to have the procedure repeated again for six months. It had been on a three month basis of just the bladder check but this involved both bladder and kidneys.

I had in my wish list the Ninja 4 in 1 cooker with great reviews. I put it in my cart last night but then saw the Air Fryer presented which was less expensive and is the current rage. I couldn't make up my mind which one to get so I ended up not buying either. The cost of shipping on the Ninja was high; a similar Ninja 3 in 1 cooker can be purchased at Amazon with no shipping with the cost of the item in a similar range making the Amazon one less expensive. The only difference is that the 3 in  1 can steam but the steaming is not programmable as in ther 4 in 1.

I do like the TSV but time will tell. Sketchers are not sized consistently for me so it would be a risk ordering.  I've had to size up in them as well as sizing down depending upon the style. I have a pair on now in which I had to go up a size. The left one fits perfectly but the right one is a little shorter and if you put the shoes together, the right one is a little shorter than the left one.

I just saw Susan Graver present the butterknit short sleeve top. I have 3 of those which have lasted several years. Obviously, I paid far less than $35 for each of them. I think the last one was $28. Enough said on increasing prices.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEB. 16)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean, thank you for starting us today.  I am very glad to hear everything went well need yesterday, and the test showed no cancer.  I am sure that is a big relief  to you.    Are you getting any snow?  We hav had light flurries all morning, but the roads are good..

Had my hair cut and colored today, feel like a new woman, no I lied about that.   I still feel the same, only less grey.

Not much going on here today, I do have to do my grocery list, that won't take too long.  I am determined to pick a cookbook out every week and try two new recipes from it. nSo that is also on todays plan.

Off to try to do something constructive today.  Have a good day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan---We had some snow on the ground this morning but it is now gone. Yes, it is a relief to find the cancer has not returned as a small one was found on the last check. Any time you have your hair done, it is a lift. You may not be a new woman but there is a lift...and not a face lift; it is a total feeling. Trying new recipes is also a way of putting a fresh approach to the daily routine.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Image result for shopping memes

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies -- @KonaKat  I am thrilled to hear your good medical report.  Praise God!!  It is relief to hear 'cancer-free',  unfortunately I know this firsthand.  Thank God we can both say those words.

We are in the high 60's today, I can hardly believe it as we have had such cold weather this season. Sun is shining, loving it!!

Myself, I just can't order shoes from the Q anymore.  The sizes are too inconsistent.

@PAlady  I always feel so much better after a haircut.  It's certainly a lift for the soul.

@meallen616  That's a good one.  Something about the words 'on sale' that seems to get us too often.

I need to get rolling with my day.

Have a wonderful day all.  Tuck those CCs away from temptation.  I am trying with all my might, hope to succeed.  Wish me luck.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  So happy with your test results.  It is good that you do not have to repeat for six months now.  

I like the TSV as well, but I have had similar issues with sizing of this brand.  Good thing, because they are calling my name.  LOL  I am not familiar with the new Ninja, and I have not seen the air fryer in action.  But, I think I will avoid looking to avoid temptation.  No additional cookers or pots and pans are needed here.  

Hi Susan -- glad to hear that you had your air cut and colored.  My purple highlights are gone, and my hair is getting a bit longer than I like.  So, I guess I'll be visiting the hairdresser fairly soon.  Not for the highlights, just the cut and style.  While I liked the highlights, I can't justify spending that much on my hair very often.

Cute graphic, meallen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I made a mistake with DH on my second visit yesterday.  He was sitting on a chair in his room, and I asked if he wanted to get up and walk to the living room.  He said yes, and we almost made it before he slumped down to the floor.  No injury, and fortunately the caregivers were able to get him up onto a chair.  From now on, I'll ask the caregivers to help and probably stick to the wheelchair.  Really wish he could still walk, but I guess it just isn't happening any longer.

I have taken a walk and done my gym workout.  Next for a quick lunch and a caregivers meeting.  I can only stay at the meeting for a short while since my British history class is this afternoon.  Then, I'll visit DH and the hospice nurse should be there.  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Thank you for sharing the good news.  I was kind of on the edge of my seat waiting for an update :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@meallen616

I shared that exact meme with my fellow team members a couple of weeks ago as a morale booster.  We all love shoes here :-)

Honored Contributor

@PAlady  Hi Susan, I'm just about do for a haircut myself.  I usually wait until it gets long enough to get on my nerves and when I feel the need to grab some scissors to trim the hair out of my eyes, I know it's time for a professional.

Honored Contributor

@3suwm5

My credit card got out when JCP was having a sale and ebates was offering 14% cash back.  I stuck with sale items and things I will wear - a couple of new tees, some clearance belts and a shorter spring coat on clearance.  Kept it under $70.