Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEB. 13)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is cool and sunny here, but should make it up into the 60's today.  That's more like it in my opinion.  Hope those of you in the snow/ice zone and heavy rain areas (with flooding) stay safe.

I just made my plane reservations to go to DC in late May/June on Tuesday. Yesterday evening, I received an e-mail saying that my return flight had been changed.  Rather than departing at 11:00 a.m., my new flight doesn't leave until almost 8:00 p.m.  I will not make it to the airport here until midnight local time (and 3:00 a.m. body time.)  There was a option to find another flight without penalty, but I found that all earlier flights have been eliminated -- didn't matter what day I picked.  Only one flight (goes through Denver) a day. 

Needless to say, I had difficulty sleeping worrying about what I should do.  In the end, I decided to book an airport hotel here, and come back home the following morning.  Hopefully, this will all work out.  My guess is that the change was because the airline (Southwest) decided they were not getting any new planes for a while.  

No news from my SIL.  I am headed to the vein doctor today.  Not sure if he will be injecting more solution into my leg to dissolve the veins he could not reach or not.  Hoping not, so that I can do my regular exercise, etc.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, FEB. 13)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Linda -  Thank you for starting us today.  Hope you make into to the 60's.  We are at 33 and it is flurrying out.  I think I have seen enough winter here.  I can't complain yet, we have not had a bad winter here, I am just done with it.  

Sorry about the mess up with the plane reservations, this does not sound like fun.  I am to the point I just don't like flying anymore.  I hope you can work this out to your advantage.

Good luck with the doctor today, hope it goes well.  I know you want to get back to your normal schedule of things.  You are very good about keeping your schedules.

Not much happening here.  I have a couple cleaning things to do around here and need to walk the dog.  I know the excitement is overwhelming.  Off to do something constructive here.  

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We has snow last night but it was just wet when the dogs and I got up. More mud in the patio area for them. We do have weather warnings about an artic blast to hit sometime today with hight winds and super cold temps and snow. I'm glad that I pushed myself and got my groceries and cards,etc. yesterday.

Today I am going to finish our taxes. Our's is never a simple return with the charity donations or a piece of family land that was left to us. There is always something that's a mess to handle. After that, I'm paying bills. I want Friday free to either get some cleaning under control or some organizing tackled.

I do have some Kohl's cash that is expireing soon so I lined up a few items in my cart. I'll have to think about it for awhile before I press "order".  I have an ambitious budget and savings goal lined up for this year so I'm trying to be aware of it early on in the year. I did see a surprised savings at the market with shopping twice a week to catch all the sale and store specials. I actually surprised myself. That new set of L&L TSV ias been put to good use in the pantry and snack basket. I am always surprised as how many pieces it looks like you have upon arrival and once you start using it your stack is down to two piecesl LOL 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I'm glad you were able to get a hotel room near the airport. Who wants to be on the road after midnight if it can be avoided?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Susan @PAlady  we got a dusting of snow before dawn and it was partially melted when I went outside to shovel the sidewalks this morning.  My kind of winter - enough snow to cling to the roof and grass and just enough snow I don't break my back shoveling Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi Fressa @Fressa   Our temps are going to continue to drop during the day and we're going to get our first really cold night of 8 degrees.  Considering the bitter temps we had in Jan 2019, I'm not going to compain about tonight.

I mentioned last week (I think) that I ordered a double curtaid rod from JCP.  I also two long sleeve St John's Bay tees.  Yesterday UPS delivered the double curtain rod.  Guy was in the truck leaving before I had the chance to catch him.  UPS and JCP think the order has been delivered.  I reached out to UPS about the tees (man was that a headache).  I reached out to JCP and they said give it a couple more days.  I hope somebody finds my tops Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I hope that your plane reservation works out for you.  Getting a motel & staying overnight sounds like a good idea.I hope that your sil finds a new job soon. That was nice of your dgs to offer her a job.  Good luck with your vein Dr. appointment.

Susan, we got 4" of snow overnight which was light and fluffy.  It was an easy job with the snowblower that we just got repaired.  It has a belt that they can no longer get, so  they tightened it. Next year we will be looking for a new one.  

fressa, we have all of our tax forms here  so we will soon be seeing our tax lady.  Since I left work 18 years ago and my DH retired 17 years ago ours is pretty simple.  Have fun with your Kohl's cash.  It's supposed to be bitterly cold today and then tomorrow.  Then milder temps all next week.  I still love winter and snow.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, we got 4" of snow overnight which was light and fluffy.  It's good that you got your curtain rod.  Hope that the tops t come soon.

My infusion went well on Monday and my GI Dr. appointment was a good one yesterday.  My liver labs are very good (I have fatty liver) & he said that my weight is perfect.  

It's been a fix it week around here.  On Monday we dropped the snowblower off at Hardware Hank's & picked it up on the way home from my infusion appointment.  They said it's an antique and will have to be replaced next year.

The landline wasn't working right on Tuesday night, so the TDS guy came this morning and all is well.

I got my haircut this morning, so after lunch we are heading to the couple's Valentines party at the senior center.  Entertainment, food, game's & then our pix taken.  We are going to take a wedding picture to display.  We looked so young, but then again it's been almost 50 years ago.  

We have been back going to the Wellness Center each day except Monday, so that's an accomplishment.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   UPS was stealthy this morning and put the package of tees between the storm and front door.  Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - thanks for getting us started Linda, and I'm sorry to hear that your plane reservations are going to be difficult.  Hope the visit with your vein dr. goes well.  Fressa - we often get our taxes done late because it takes a long time to get all of our statements.  We usually do ours in March.  Susan - good to hear from you!  twinny - glad to hear that your infusion went well.  Bernie - good to hear that your stealthy delivery team brought you your tees, lol.  

I'm laying low with this cold of mine.  Mostly doing things on the computer (typing up recipes, scanning photos, etc.), and laying in bed reading.  So far my DH has not caught the cold.  My DS started his new job in northern San Diego this week and is staying at a hotel Mon. - Thurs.  He says that things are good so far. 

Waves to all  ~ Charlene