Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, DEC 27)

Good morning, shopping friends. The month is rapidly drawing to a close and those of us who set goals for the coming year are trying to set reasonable ones. Mine is very simple: I will get all 3 FICO scores on January 1 and use those as guideposts for the rest of the year; and, secondly, to not purchase any wants during the month of January.

I do like the TSV but I already purchased boots for this year, boots that I have yet to wear as I've been wearing a pair from last year. 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, DEC 27)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I really like the TSV boots, but they are not a need for me either. So, I doubt that I will purchase them.  Of course, I ended up buying two sets of the TSV yesterday since DD wanted them.  I guess they will be counted as another Christmas gift or perhaps a New Years gift.

I never got into the practice of making New Year's Resolutions, but I do strive to make improvements in my life.  It is pretty easy to be reflective at this stage of my life.

Yesterday I did a whole lot of walking, so I'm planning to do less today.  But, I do plan to go to the gym.  Should be a very quiet day again. 

Thanks for clarifying about Euchre, twinny.  I thought Euchre was a card game, but I was not sure.   We have lots of "winter visitors" from the Midwest, particularly Minnesota and Wisconsin.  There is even a special club that watches the Green Bay Packers game at the fitness center -- big TV and they have popcorn, etc.  During football season,  I often see them there when I go to the gym after church.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....thanks for starting Jean....it's  asunny day here,warmer than yesterday. weather folks are still talking about some sort  of storm coming in over the weekend.  yes the year is quickly coming to an end..I think the older I get the faster it goes!

I had preordered those Sketchers and they have shipped probably will get them either today/tomorrow I havn't checked their progress.  I bought the navy and olive,I discovered that brand a few years before they came to qvc..they have a retail store at the mall that sells men and kids shoes too.  I got my s/i/l hooked on them too as she has problem with her feet and that's all she wears now.  

Not sure what I'll be doing today,I do have a pile of lsundry that I should start to tackle...

Have a nice day everyone.....hope all of you have something more exciting than doing laundry.      Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I don't need the TSV either, but I have quite a few pairs of boots and I enjoy wearing them.  I think that they dress up an outfit.  Your New Year's resolution is a good one & manageable.  Yes, this year went by quickly.  I am looking forward to a happy healthy 2019.

Linda L, I didn't order the TSV from yesterday, but they looked very nice and I am sure that your dd will like them too.  That is funny about the visitors watching the Packer's at the gym and eating popcorn.  I don't enjoy 🏈🏈🏈, but my DH does.

Marijane, enjoy the 🌞🌞🌞.  It is a nasty rainy mild day and we are supposed to get thunderstorms this evening.  We might even break the old temp if we hit 50° this afternoon.  Hopefully you don't get the nasty weather.  

We went to BK for breakfast and then did a little bit of shopping.  I needed my almond milk and did manage to get 2 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper for a $1.00 each.  None of the stores were busy & it is very quiet in our neighborhood.  

I have no other plans for today.  Tomorrow I am meeting friends for lunch.  

It is supposed to be sunny starting tomorrow and I can't wait.  I am disappointed that we have no ❄❄❄ & it is really hurting tourism.  

I am looking forward to going out with friends on NYE.   The very nice restaurant is about 20 miles away and then we will go back to their home for Euchre. Then my DH and I will start 2019 in the hot tub with a wine cooler.  Then we will sleep like babies.

Lunch is debatable and dinner is leftover bar b que in the crock pot.  Then the Christmas leftovers are all gone.  It's been nice not having to cook for a few days.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - I went to Meijer's to pick up some grocery staples and browse around.  Because they started their holiday clearance the week before Christmas,  much of the decor and ornaments were picked over.  I did buy 3 of the dial foaming hand wash/soap on clearance.  I was smart and went with the snowflake pattern, lol.  I'll probably give my sister one of them.  That was it for Christmas.

I was kind of surprised to find campbell's pork n beans sold out.  I never thought of them as a popular holiday bean but what do I know?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise