Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, DEC. 19(

Hola, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny but cold day. The sunshine makes the temperature almost bearable especially since I am tucked inside the house.

I have spent about an hour chatting with an acquaintance in Puerto Rico. I am now watching Susan Graver. I liked the set of two tops with the exception of the flounce at the end of the sleeves. As a result, it won't be coming home to me.

I saw that the First Aid Beauty TSV has been shipped. I'm in no hurry to get it since I just opened the jar of the last one. Since that AD finished, I signed up for another round as it is a tremendous savings on something I really like.

I haven't seen the TSV for today presented, so I need to see the colors in it before I bite on purchasing it.

I know many are busy with the last minute holiday activities. It won't be long before we hear "New Year New You." I'm not one to make resolutions just because it is the New Year. Goals can be set at any time.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, DEC. 19(

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is sunny and cool here today, but should make it up to the 60's today.  I'm going on a senior trip to see the Christmas lights in Tucson this afternoon/evening, and I'm sure I'll get chilly.  Time to bring out one of my winter jackets.  

I saw the tops you mentioned, and I did not care for the flounce either.  Glad your TSV has shipped and you will have plenty of First Aid Beauty.  Like you, I am not one who makes New Year's Resolutions, but sets goals.

Yesterday started out great (hearing about DGS' college graduation), but ended up with some frustration.  I had been expecting delivery of the storage device we both ordered from here and also a Lands End order (heavily discounted sweatshirt and nightshirt), but they did not come with the mail as I expected.  I was sweeping up some leaves on my driveway when a UPS truck showed up and delivered a package at the house next door.  I knew my neighbor was not in town (she spends most of her time in Washington State), and checked to see that my orders were listed as "delivered" (two different times).  Anyway, I went next door and saw two packages sitting on her front porch -- both for me.  I sent an e-mail to UPS, but I was pretty upset about the whole thing.  

Then, I was all set to make my spritz Christmas cookies, and found my new cookie press (purchased after Christmas from Amazon) would not work.  I just could not get the plunger up.  Meanwhile, I had softened two sticks of butter.  So, I went ahead and made sugar cookies instead.  The dough for those cookies had to go in the refrigerator for at least two hours before baking, so I was busy making cookies until about 9:30 p.m.  I sent an e-mail to the company (OXO) asking for assistance.  I should have tried it out when I received it, but just didn't have an occasion to make those types of cookies.  

The last frustration was that I was expecting a package (gift) from DD to come from the Post Office.  I received information from the daily e-mail I get from the Post Office that there was a delay, so the estimated delivery was moved to 8:00 p.m.  I kept the light on the front porch (in addition to the Christmas lights) until 8:30, and gave up.  Today, there was no mention of the package in their e-mail, but I used the USPS tracking system to find that it is still "in transit".  

And, there were a few other issues that tripped me up yesterday.  Thank goodness, I did get some cookies baked, vegetables and eggplant Parmesan cooked, and did a little cleaning.

I hope to go to the gym this morning, and then have a caregivers meeting before the trip.  Need to get busy.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It snowed  (again) last night. I'm waiting for the salt to melt the driveway before I venture out to do grocery shopping or a few more errands. I woke up at 4AM today and could not get back to sleep until 530A. UGH!!!  I really need an extra cup of coffee today. LOL

I haven't started to wrap gifts yet because I think I might pick up a few more things. I have the grandson's birthday in addition to Christmas. We usually celebrate both at the same time because of everyone's schedules. So, this weekend will be wrapping gifts and bathing dogs. We have a fireplace in the family room so they will be toasty warm while they dry. I use multiple microfiber towels on them and they work wonders. Our female's allergies are in full bloom. She takes medication but there are certain times that they just peak. I'm hoping with the cool temps and some snow that we get relief soon.

The Bissell Pro Pet 2x carpet cleaner arrived as well as the Breville toaster/convection oven to replace the old ones that started to break down. I made stuffed peppers in the convection oven last night and was very pleased. Today, I finally got the setting correct for the pop tarts. ( A main stay in my diet...ha ha!!) I purchased both at Kohl's and got great deals. I was so pleased. Now, I can get thru until  Spring before thinking about replacing an appliance or the carpet.

I had reduced our Christmas card list to just a very few this year. We really haven't received too many, either. I think between the postage cost, the card cost and the time people have scratched that off their lists. I usually write a note in each one but this year I only wrote a few sentences. It's been awhile since I've been this far behind (or so it seems to me).  Next year I will have to start before Thanksgiving.

Hope eveyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, It's a beautiful sunny near 40° day & it's supposed to be like this until Christmas day and then maybe rain.  I prefer ❄❄❄.  I haven't had time to watch QVC all week. We got our last minute shopping done this morning.

Linda L, have fun on your trip.  We are going to the middle school in town tomorrow morning for breakfast and their Christmas program.  This is our first time doing this.  We wanted to go to the local senior center tomorrow for Flippo, but my DH needs to wash the Subaru.  It's kind of a mess because we have been on the road all week.  Congrats to your dgs on his recent college graduation.  Sorry that you are having a lot of delivery mix ups.  Our only delivery was to our ds and ddil.  Cheese from the cheese factory and they should get it today.

fressa, we have no snow on the ground, but we got 2" on Monday morning. We were looking for a White Christmas.  It sounds like your toaster oven and carpet cleaner are winners.  I only sent out 20 Christmas cards on Tuesday and wrote in all of them.  Each family has different things going on.  It took me two days to get them done.  My DH had to go to the post office because I had one card going to England

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Its been a busy week around here and my head is still spinning!

On Monday we spent most of the day in the Capitol City & then we met our dsil for supper.  Then he went back home and took our 2 HS dgc to the HS for their band concert. Our eldest dgs is on college break already so he was able to join the rest of us for the concert which was nice.  It was nice that we were all able to go together.

On Tuesday we did a lot of Christmas shopping.

Yesterday I had my infusion in the Capitol City.  When I got done  we met our eldest dgs for lunch.  He is such a delight as are his siblings.  I am feeling fine and hope that I am good to go for another 8 weeks.

This morning we left the house early to get groceries & then a trip to our pharmacy for my test strips. Then on to Walgreens for my Epi Pen while I am still on this drug plan.  Next month it changes to BCBS.

I have a little dusting to do this at afternoon & gift wrapping.  My DH just got the vacuuming done.

After lunch it's hot tub time.

We are hosting Christmas lunch here on Saturday with my family and I am pretty much ready.  It's going to be 🍕🍕🍕 delivered to the house from our favorite pizza place.  Our dsil will not be here so it will be a somber day for us.  We are going to one of my dh's brother and sil's for Christmas day lunch.  That might be a topsy turvy day too.  I will be glad when it's all over.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's another sunny and cold day here.  It looks like we won't be getting any snow for Christmas, which is disappointing Woman Sad

I decided to reorganize the set of kitchen cupboards above the countertop.  I was able to toss some things and put others in the recycle box.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, no white Christmas here either.  Darn!

It's not been a good day.  While my DH & I were shopping this morning, my cousin called and said that her husband died from cardiac arrest at 12.30 a.m. this morning.  She lives an hour away from us and often stays with us for a few days.  His daughter lives in MT.  There will be a celebration of life when his dd and dgc can fly here.

Then while I was doing the dishes after lunch,  my DH walked into the kitchen and the pan that was sitting on top of the coffee pot fell off, landed on a Corelle bowl and it smashed into a  million pieces.  No. I don't normally put a pan on top of the coffee pot. Lol. Like they say Haste Makes Waste.  I was in a hurry to get into the hot tub.  I have an island and a lot of counter space.  Duh!

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   Awww Twinny I'm sorry to read about your cousin's loss.  It's no wonder you put a pan on the coffee pot after getting that kind of upsetting news.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise