Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, DEC. 15)

Charlene--Enjoy the visit with DS as well as the Skyping. Tea and cookies sound like a great option, but I never developed a taste for tea but cookies are in trouble when I am around. As a result, I don't keep them around.

3suwm5--You certainly are a busy person. Yoiur remimder to limit the use of credit cards is a good one. People may pay them in full but research has shown that people often spend more when using them than they would if they had planned to pay with cash.

I'm back from the city and physical therapy. This is the first time I have not felt overly tired after the session. They said I was doing much better so more challenging exercises will be added, not that some of them were not challenging to me. Some of those things look deceptively easy until you do them.

It was so sunny when I looked out the  bit windows of the physical therapy building that it looked almost like Summer. The reality set i when I had to go back out in the cold. Br-r-r-r-r!

I had plans to meet a friend in the capital city about 80 miles from me tomorrow for lunch, etc. but don't know if that will take place as she posted on Facebook that she was in the bed with a bad cold yesterday.

I saw this on Facebook and thought it might be appropriate as we plan for 2017:

2017.png

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello all - it's all behind me and I am relieved, to some extent.  I was amazed at the number of coworkers who came by to pay respects to my sister from Tues through the funeral service today.  It was overwhelming, to say the least.

I finally received the last piece of the puzzle - a PIN - from Blue Cross today so I was able to online pay my first month's insurance policy for January.  I've registered with the other online site for HRA reimbursement of the monthly amount I will pay.

I have no idea how long it will take to get the monthly premium back from the HRA administrator; I am resigned to the fact that this is my future, lol.

I'll just pack my patience and hopefully it will get smoother as I go along. 

I'm glad that everyone here is maintaining.  

@twinny70

I'm sorry that your friend received the diagnosis that she received.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--There is the initial relief that the service is over and relief that all went well as it can for a funeral. What happens later is that as time passes, many people begin to feel the loss more. Grief varies from person to person and there is no expected grieving period. Take care of yourself, get back into a routine, and then all the other challenges facing you.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I'm sorry about that cold weather.  I don't get SS, but I understand our pension "increase" will be considerably less than increases for insurance, Medicare, etc.  Pretty similar to the SS "increase."  I am glad that I get a pension -- one of the few these days.   I'm reading Chris Hogan's (promoted by Dave Ramsey) book called "Retire Inspired".  Interesting, but not really applicable to me since I retired nearly 10 years ago.  I am curious to see how the financial advisor is investing my IRA money.  Fingers crossed she is doing a good job.

Glad the funeral went okay, Bernie.  Sending hugs and prayers.

Also, prayers for your friend, twinny.

Waves to all of you who have posted and all of our readers.

I don't know why, but I'm sleepy and it is only 6:30 at night.  Also hungry -- maybe dinner will perk me up.

I went to the gym this morning, and then went to my wonderful Caregivers Group.  Very nice ladies.  Then, we went to the coffee shop nearby.  Guess I should have had caffeinated coffee rather than decaf.  LOL  

DH was doing okay, but the facility was having internet/cable issues, so no TV when I first arrived.  Fortunately, they fixed it before I left.

Our weather was great today -- 80 degrees or so.  Tomorrow will be cooler, and they are saying a high in the 50's on Saturday.  Like Jean, I am no fan of cool/cold weather, but I know that is warm compared to most of the country.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda