Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, AUGUST 19)

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and humid with a few sprinkles. I'll take the break in the raining. Looks like more thunderstorms in the forecast for the remainder of the week.

I did the drive thru banking this afternoon. YIPPEE! I was pretty stiff after steaming all those drapes but that has finally left me. I set the oven to steam clean itself for the first time. New feature for me. It worked well but it wasn't really dirty. 

I didn't see too much of the Q Live this morning. I was watching the repeat gourmet food programs and ITKWD while i fed the dogs and inhaled coffee. The large size Pop-It arrived yesterday but I'll probably install that tomorrow. I'm slowly removing items from my saved list as I declutter small spaces around the home. Yesterday was the small chest in the family room. Now some serious dusting needs to be accomplished around here.

Hope everyone was safe from those storms I saw on the Weather Channel. What a mess and challenge for those people.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, AUGUST 19)

Hi @Fressa, today was Frances' follow up visit with the veterinarian so my nerves were shot all day.  Baby is back home and once the follow up X-rays and labs come back we're scheduling wing removal.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Glad you were able to get to the bank, and the steaming is done, Fressa.  No storms here -- sunny and hot.  I think it is supposed to get hotter over the weekend.  Now other parts of the country are having "our" rain.  Hope everyone is safe.

I am sure you were concerned about Frances, Bernie.  Do you mean that they will actually remove one of her wings?  Sounds like a very serious operation.  DD is having her female dog's teeth cleaned next Tuesday along with vaccinations, etc.  She is expecting it to be quite expensive, but necessary.

My day has been rather hectic on several fronts.  First helping transfer money to my oldest DGS and wife whose landlord has suddenly decided to sell the duplex where they are renting.  Hopefully, they will be able to move to an apartment closer to where they work.  But, they had some recent medical expenditures that meant they needed help paying the security deposit, first months rent, etc.  I am glad I had the money to help, but it is always a challenge to move money quickly.

After getting that done, I spent time going to the grocery store (fine), and then set out to do my hospice deliveries.  After my first delivery, I had problems seeing.  Long story short, one of the lenses in my glasses had fallen out (this was for the second time).  I managed to make it to the eye doctor and have the lens put back in so I could continue the deliveries.  Not fun.

My middle DGS and his girlfriend took a short vacation to Miami, and were tested for COVID when they returned.  Despite having been vaccinated and wearing masks, she tested positive for the virus.  He did not, but they were being re-tested today.  They have a two bedroom apartment, so they can isolate from each other, and work remotely. 

And, my youngest DGS (also vaccinated) had a test today just in case since he had worked out at the gym with his brother after they got back.  Hopefully, he doesn't have the virus and no one will have symptoms, but it does make me a bit concerned about traveling next month.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--I never knew they could do a wing removal. Poor thing. Thank God she found you to bring her back to good health. I will keep my fingers crossed for both of you. I believe these animals find us for a reason. Keeping you both in my thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----What a day you had. Such luck to find the eyeglass lens that popped out without any damage. 

Your DGS and wife are very lucky you were able to help them. Our DGS and his fiance has a similiar situation and the landlord is her mother. I guess these challenging times bring out the best and worst. 

Hope your evening was finally uneventful and calm.