Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, AUG. 6)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a beautiful but chilly (to me) day, which began with a thunderstorm but now is very sunny.

I graduated from physical therapy today, a little sooner than they had anticipated when I began. I have to confess that I will miss it. I am a competitive person, so it was a time I tried to meet or exceed expectations. I also enjoyed the staff and the conversations we had as we worked. Yes, it was very painful when we first began but the process produced results.

I also had a mammogram done today, so that little chore or "the big squeeze" is out of the way. I hope there are no problems as I've been neglectful the past two years.

Afterwards, I spent a couple of hours getting pet things packed to take for donation. I just had lunch following that and I am tired, so I likely will go to read in a few minutes.

I spotted the thread about washing SG tops. I didn't read it but one of the things I like about her tops is the ease of washing. I have even washed one on a trip and hanged it over the shower rod to dry. Worked fine. In fact, it is one I wore this week, and also wore in Puerto Rico four years ago. It still looks good.

Have a great day. If  you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, AUG. 6)

Congrats on your graduation from physical therapy Jean @KonaKat   Glad that your mammogram is out of the way too - one less thing on the agenda.

I busied myself yesterday taping off the exterior trim around the family room door and sidelights and sanding/prepping the trim around both garage doors.  I also caulked around the new trim that came with the new garage doors.

Today I took the quart of white paint I bought last October (never got to use - it got cold and stayed cold) and my receipt over to home depot and had them shake it up in the paint shaker thing.

I painted today since the weather was perfect for it.  The weather will be good tomorrow too so I will touch up or put a double coat on any areas that need it.

By Saturday the paint will be cured and I should be able to cut the grass since a few days of rain will be rolling in on Sunday.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, AUG. 6)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Congratulations on graduating from PT, Jean.  I remember missing it a little when I finished after my accident six years ago, but but in those days, there were other opportunities to socialize.  Now it is pretty much staying six feet apart, and in-person conversations are quite limited.  Glad you had your mammogram done.  I am supposed to have one at the end of September or October, and this year I will have my bone density test as well.  I really hope my bones are stronger.

I agree with you about the SG liquid knit tops -- they are very easy to care for, and really don't need ironing at all.  Just wash and hang to dry.  I used to lightly iron some of her other fabrics (I don't like wrinkles), but liquid knit doesn't need it at all.

Good for you with the painting, Bernie.  Glad you had Home Depot shake it up for you.

I went to the grocery store(s) today, and I was pretty pleased at what I found.  There is still no spray disinfectant here, and very few disinfectant wipes, but I have a spray that I can use on some things.  Some foods are hard to find, and most have gone up in price, but.....

My SIL e-mailed me that my middle nephew (Steve) was rushed to the hospital.  He is the one undergoing chemo, and has developed pneumonia.  Fortunately, he does not have the virus, and is responding well to the antibiotics.  They expect he can go home on Saturday.  

This afternoon I had an OLLI class (via Zoom) about Saguaro cactus, and it was excellent.  I am behind the curve on my exercise DVD, and I think I will do a shorter one than I had planned to do.  

It is hot and dry here, and it is supposed to reach at least 100 degrees with no rain at least for the next week.  Thank goodness for AC.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda