Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, AUG. 1)

Jean, I can't believe that it's August already.  Sorry that you are under the weather.  I need a haircut pretty soon too.  

2blonde, I used to be allergic to ragweed & hay.  Now I avoid them.

Bird Mama, that is so funny about "shoot me."   We are having another week of weather.  I hope that the 90's are a thing of the past.

Esteemed Contributor

IMW, hi to you too.

Linda L, it sounds like you are having a busy day with your care givers meeting etc.   We could use some rain.

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a busy week around here.  I thought that my cousin was coming on Wednesday, but she decided to come up on Tuesday.    She is easy company  because she met a friend for lunch on Tuesday & my DH grilled seasoned pork chops for supper. 

Yesterday, she met friends for lunch and dinner & then a movie.  I made blueberry muffins yesterday morning & coffee & we had them for breakfast & coffee coffee this morning too.

I fixed turkey & all the trimmings for lunch & forgot to take the stuffing out of the oven.  I was keeping it warm in the oven while my DH carved carved the turkey. Lol.  We will have it with the leftovers for supper.

My cousin headed back home & we just got out of the hot tub.

Esteemed Contributor

Its been a bittersweet week here.  I know that some of you know that one of my dh's classmates was killed by a drunk driver 2 years ago when October gets here.  Yesterday he was sentenced to 15 years in prison.  In 2002 he was drunk and killed a 27 year old lady out jogging.  He served 5years in prison for that one.  This has been so devastating for both families.

On Monday afternoon, 2 miles out of our town, a guy in a pick up truck was stopped to turn into his driveway.  A guy in a pick up rear ended him and the first driver crossed into the other lane of traffic & hit a motorcycle.  Killing a couple our age instantly.  Such a senseless accident.  The couple lived just 22 miles away from here.k

My DH & I  are planning to go to the beach next week for a few days.  We are both ready for a mini vacation.  Our last vacation was in May.  We are hoping to do more traveling in September/October. Lord willing.   Fall is my favorite time of the year for traveling.  

it's been another beautiful week of weather.  Low 60's early morning and 70's for the highs.  

I walked early yesterday morning and also this morning. It's supposed to be in the low 80's starting tomorrow & then nice most of next week.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gayle2 wrote:

@2blonde:   I love the decluttering shows...those can be addictive as well.

The cleaning lady started yesterday....yippee.  She was reasonably priced and a real sweet lady, My husband did the hire and surprised me with this a couple of weeks ago, best gift ever.

I posted this on another thread but I found a new use for micellar water...cleaning dingy side soles of my sketchers....back to pretty white.

Went to the doc recently with a new issue...ezcema.  Oh yea.   Hopefully the treatment she put into play will work.

Have a great day!

Gayle2, that is so great about the cleaning lady coming.  Yes, it's a very nice gift & you don't have to dust it.  I haven't heard of miceller water either.  I hope that your Dr. finds a good cure for eczema.  

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   Are you saying that the drunk driver that killed one of DH's classmates did it before in 2002?  Woman Surprised

It sounds like you had a good time with your company, even if they did arrive a day early.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@twinny70   Are you saying that the drunk driver that killed one of DH's classmates did it before in 2002?  Woman Surprised

It sounds like you had a good time with your company, even if they did arrive a day early.

The drunk driver killed my dh's classmate in October of 2017.  Yesterday he was sentenced to 15 years in prison.  In 2002 this guy killed a 27 year old lady out jogging.  He spent 5 years in prison for her death.  The drunk driver was a classmate of our dd's.  He never learns.  Both families are devastated.  The joggers dh met the drunk driver & forgave him because the drunk driver said that he would never drive drunk again.  That dh is devastated & mad.  The 12 year old granddaughter was with her grandpa when he was killed.  They aren't happy that the maximum sentence is 15 years.

We had a nice time with my cousin.  I was doing a spur of the moment job because  i had to get the guest bedroom ready for company & steam mop the floors that I was going to do on Tuesday.    

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@twinny70  - the story of the drunk driver's victims is just devastating.  (((hugs))) to all.

I've enjoyed having a couple of days to putter around doing misc. chores, but tomorrow we'll be heading up to Lake Arrowhead in the mountains for an extended family get-together.  This time it is with my family to celebrate my mother's 90th birthday.  Haven't done a single thing to prepare for this get-away.  I haven't quite recovered from our camping trip, but I'll manage.  

I splurged on a lunchtime special today of some Clark's sandals.  I already have them in navy and tan, this time I got them in black.  They're nice.

Waves to all  ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

That's what I thought you said but I was stunned and needed to make sure I had it right.  Such a tragedy and so much sorrow @twinny70 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise