Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APRIL 27)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm taking a break from planting day lilies. These are going into a container, one per container on the deck so time will tell.

Right now, I'm watching Susan Graver. "Everyone can wear a cold shoulder." Well, they can wear it but do they look good in it. I saw one being worn yesterday that challenged that statement.

I had my nails done yesterday, followed by cardiology and car appointments. I will need to have another stress test but this time they will do the chemical injection instead of my doing the treadmill.  I will be going back to the city on Saturday to get my hair cut and colored.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. Back to the day lilies!

today.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APRIL 27)

Hello friends! Just read the "cold shoulder" thread and had to giggle a bit. I guess some of us were meant to horrify the rest of us with fashion choices. I have a cold shoulder top that is cute, others just look silly. 

My car is in the shop yesterday and I'm enjoying being a homebody.  Will probably walk to the mail box and do a little cooking/baking. Some pasta salad and I've been craving rice krispie bars. $700 for a new radiator in my car, but gotta have it.

My military group wanted to send treat bags to the Carl Vinson (the one headed to N Korea area). Our goal was 500 and we are at 1000 right now.  They have around 3000 Sailors/Troops aboard. I thought it was pretty impressive. I committed 20 thank you cards.  I know, crazy! Mailing gets so expensive so I haven't done that yet.

Not much else happening here. The weather has been 50's, reach 60 a few times when the sun came out.  My FB "memories" said I took 2 showers last year today and I forgot all about the 2 shower days.  There are some wonderful things about this area and some not so much. Hugs to you all. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  You were busy yesterday.  The chemical injection stress test sounds interesting.  I have only had one stress test -- the treadmill type, and I found it a little nerve-wracking.  Fortunately, I did not have any problems.

I used to have day lilies ordered from the Q at my Maryland house, and they were lovely.  They were in the ground rather than containers, however.  Hope the ones you are planting are very nice.  I would not try them here since our weather is so different.

I do not own any cold shoulder tops, and I think my shoulders must be the exception to the rule that the look is for everyone.  I have seen several ladies wearing that style lately, and most looked nice.  

Glad to see you posting, Kathleen.  Sorry your car fix is so expensive.  Have fun with your baking.  It is quite a change living in the Pacific Northwest compared to Texas.  I'm sure there are plenty of pluses and minuses.  Nice of your group to support the sailors/troops.  

I was able to have my glasses repaired yesterday morning -- no problem.  And, my visits to DH were fine.  The fire in "our" mountains has grown bigger, but they have additional firefighters and the weather yesterday (much less windy) helped.  Still some evacuations and road closures.  What a mess from one guy target shooting.

My Fitbit replacement arrived yesterday afternoon, and I spent some time setting it up, charging it, etc.  Back in business.  I'm totally addicted to the thing, which disturbs me a little.  I guess there are worse addictions.

The two others in DH's building who are with the same hospice have a different nurse, but she is friendly to DH as well.  When she was leaving yesterday, she said goodbye and noted that DH is always smiling.  Made my heart happy -- he is such a nice man, and I'm very lucky that he has not changed despite his illness.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies..thanks for starting Jean....glad you can get one of those injections instead of walking on a treadmill....I had one years ago on a treadmill and thought I was going to explode!

You sound pretty busy in your baking Kathleen.  NIce that you are doing that for our troops though I am sure they appreciate it so much.

Not anything going on here either,another rainy foggy day here...get one day of sun followed by 6 of crummy days...been in this pattern going on 3 weeks now.

I noticed today that Zuiliy is having Clarks shoes on sale....I didn't see any of interest to me but I know Jean has bought some several weeks ago.

Making chicken fajitas and beef tacos tonight for supper....not as elaborate (and probably not as good)as the ones you post on fb Kathleen!!

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--So good to see you posting here again. I try to keep up with you on FB. I agree that the cold shoulder can look good on some, but there are those who perhaps need to rethink that look. Sorry you are facing that expense with the car. I know it brings you great joy being able to make goodies for the troups.

Linda--I'm glad that your Fitbit replacement has arrived and is working well. I see that the upcoming Fitbit TSV is the one I have but I paid $20 more than the TSV price. The information makes them very addictive; I was surprised. I have worn mine non-stop except for showering, etc.

Marijane--Your plans for dinner sound great. Yes, I got a pair of Clarks wedge sandals that work very well . The sunny weather here has now turned dreary here also.

I didn't sleep well last night. This is a graphic representation of my sleep stages last night as measured by the Alta HR, the upcoming TSV:

sleepstage.JPG

sleepstage2.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Image result for thursday pictures

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  I had a rotten night myself.  From 10 pm until midnight, I lay not quite sleeping, not quite awake just daydreaming.  I think my 12 hour cough syrup buzzed me up.  So much for 12 hour cough syrup as I was coughing at 3 am.  My throat was killing me so bad, I dosed it generously with Chloroseptic, which in turn set it on fiyah versus numbing it.  I though I was going to go to the ER.  That went until 5 am.  I nodded off until a little after 6 am.

I worked today and am watching the clock for quitting time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thanks for the great graphic.

Bernie--Sorry that you had such a rough night. I'm a mazed that you were able to work today but that is something I also would have done. It makes for a very long work day after a super long night.

Respected Contributor

Poor Bernie!! I hated going to work when I had little sleep - just made for a miserable Kathleen.

I need to clarify, I'm sending a small box to an Airman in Alaska, my first, and I don't intend on sending boxes often. I don't feel comfortable spending that much money on boxes - just the sending is $15.  I have been writing a lot though, and that makes me very happy.  Condolence cards to families that have lost loved ones, encouragement cards to others who are in boot camp, deployed. veterans etc. One guy was in WWII!  

Linda I love my fitbit and though I haven't been walking much am quite addicted as well.  If it broke I would go out and buy another tomorrow if I didn't order it tonight. I'm so glad you still get some great smiles from DH, that makes me happy too and I don't even know him.  I've really thought about trying my hand at caregiving. I know it doesn't pay well but I think it would be rewarding.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Checking in late again - Jean - my mother just had one of the chemical injection stress tests, I think it went well, hope it will for you too.  I agree about the cold shoulder.  I see some that I like, and others, not-so-much.  Hope your daylillies thrive.  Kathleen - sorry about the car repair needing to be done.  Not nearly as much fun as buying clothes or jewelry!  Thanks too, for supporting our troops.  Linda - I'm with the rest of you about loving my Fitbit.  It really does help me be more health conscious.  Sorry to hear about the wild fire close by.  Marijane - fajitas and tacos sound yummy.  Bernie - I was hoping that you were feeling better by now.  Sending prayers for a good night's sleep and healing.

I woke up with horrible heartburn again.  I had been doing really well the past few weeks, and had been able to taper off the Nexium, according to doctor's instructions.  Needless to say, Nexium, here I come.  Terrible day.

Hope everyone has a good evening!  ~  Charlene