Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APR 18)

Good morning, shopping friends. I started the day with a good night's sleep and debated what I would do today. Instead of going to the city to buy groceries and possibly use my 30% off at Kohls, I ended up going through paperwork, and odds and ends that needed to be done.

I did watch SG but the only thing that tempted me was overpriced for my budgets. When each of the gas and electricity companies have announced a $4 to $5 increase per month and the cable company notified me of a $3 increase, the "little: increases all add up. I wish the lawn was non-existant as I'm not looking forward to paying for that this Summer.

I'm not a candle person so there was no temptation with the TSV. So far, March and April have had no purchases from the Q and any purchases elsewhere were needs or vacation-related.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, APR 18)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  So glad you got a good night's sleep.  Hope you get your household chores done today, and don't overdo it.  Like you, I find the cost of most of SG and other Q items to be more than I care to pay, especially since I have no need for new clothing.  Those increases for things like cable and the electric bill certainly do add up.  I am seriously considering calling my cable company and reducing my TV package.  Their internet service is the best in the area (by far), and they really push "packages" that are very expensive.  I am a candle person, but I have more than enough.  I did put a set on my "wishlist", but I'm pretty sure I can resist.

I plan to go to the gym this morning, and I have a caregivers meeting this afternoon.  It was sunny and  cool on my walk, but should make it up into the 80's today and 90's tomorrow.  Fortunately, I like hot weather (so long as it isn't too humid).

On a very sad note, I read that Lisa Mason's husband passed away this week.  He had fought cancer for quite a while, but finally succumbed to the disease.  Just FYI -- Lisa Mason was a former show host here.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you got a good night's sleep.   I woke  up in the middle of the night & took an allergy tablet & was sleeping so soundly when the alarm sent off at 7:00.  My  DH never hears it & It was his wake-up call.    You are so right about things going up each month all add up.    I like  candles but I only burn them for a few hours each night in the wintertime when it gets dark early.  Good job with decluttering and resisting buying things that you don't need.

Linda L, it sounds like you are going to have another busy day.  It's cloudy right now and we had light drizzle this morning.  Our temps are in the 60's & it's going to be in the 70's all weekend.  Perfect for me.  

We had a good breakfast out this morning getting ready to go to my dh's stress test at 2:30.  Then at 11.00 the clinic called & cancelled his appointment until next Tuesday.  Apparently too many emergencies came in.

We went to the bank and took care of business.  I think that we are going to clean house this afternoon instead.  Just a little "fine tuning" before Sunday.

Lunch is leftovers from breakfast and supper is a question?

Tomorrow is going to be grocery shopping day, reordering a few RX's from Walgreen's for me which I think are cheaper than my rx plan & lunch out with friends.  My Uloric and Xarelto are very $$$.  My DH got a pleasant surprise a few days ago when he got by mail 5 insulin pens for $61 instead of $84 each at our drugstore.

It's lunch time & then hot tub time.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies, nasty day here,rain,wind,cold about 50...supposed to be like this for the next few days.        my  Yanks took the 2 game series with  the Red Sox  Twinny and move on to Kansas till Monday.

My supermarket is still on strike and yesterday I had to go pick up a prescription at the Stop and Shop pharmacy.....the place was empty and a few people outside with pickets signs when they saw me coming,  I held up my empty perscription bottle and they smiled and said ok.   there were no customers in the store thst I could see...I then went  over to the banks ATM machine ...they also have a bank in the store' and got some cash.  it was strange  looking  with no one around.

Tuesday I had run over to another store,Shop Rite,about 15 minutes from me, but it's a smaller store snd it was mobbed..they even had a person in the parking lot directing people where to park..if they could find a spot.   the Stop and Shop that I normally go to has been on strike for 7 days now which I think is surprising everyone.  I will have to go to the other store tomorrow to get stuff for the weekend..which I am dreading.

my Dh had his echo cardiogram this afternoon and will probably get his results Monday....but he said they said everything looks good...his last one was about 2 yrs ago.

Not much else here......have a nice afternoon everyone.....Marijane.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to say in my last post that I was sorry to hear that Lisa Mason's DH passed away.

Marijane, my DH is sad that the Red Sox are doing so poorly.  Good luck to you though.  That's too bad about the grocery store strike.  I don't think that we have ever had a strike in our hometown.  We are going to get groceries tomorrow and it will probably be busy because of Easter coming up.  That sounds good about your dh's test.  We were hoping to get my dh's stress test over with this morning, but next Tuesday is just around the corner.

It looks like it could rain any time, but it's mild outside.  For some reason it seems like Friday to both of us.

Honored Contributor

Hi Jean, about the only candles I use are flameless.  Once I entered the bird phase of my life and learned they have sensitive respiratory systems there went any scented candles, incense, etc.  They can tolerate renuzit solid air fresheners so that's what I go with Man Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda I was so saddened to learn that Gino lost his battle.  My heart bleeds for Lisa right now.

Honored Contributor

Hi Twinny, it's been on and off drizzling and the wind is picking up.  Had it been sunny, this 70 degree day would have looked and felt like summer.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi Marijane, I'm glad your beloved's heart is looking good.  I hope the strike works out for the workers.