Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 4/2)

Snickster, welcome to join us anytime.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/2/2015 fbm8282lsm said:

Jean, Is appears that you are getting excellent medical care. It is amazing what Dr's can do. You are always remembered in my prayers.

Warm and sunny here.

Just working, will stop after work at the grocery store. My least favorite shopping.

grocery shopping is my least favorite thing to do also. I run out of ideas for something that is new, good & easy to prepare.
Esteemed Contributor

I see the ""Love Fashion?"" box is now gone. I'm off to work!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

On 4/2/2015 twinny70 said:

Jean, Is appears that you are getting excellent medical care. It is amazing what Dr's can do. You are always remembered in my prayers.

Warm and sunny here.

Just working, will stop after work at the grocery store. My least favorite shopping.

grocery shopping is my least favorite thing to do also. I run out of ideas for something that is new, good & easy to prepare.

twinny70 I once saw a plaque that said "if we are what we eat, I am either cheap fast or easy"{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

I hear you. I've always been the type of person who ate when she was hungry. That drove my parents batty and when I married and had a husband to cook for, they were thrilled that I actually ate meals. I didn't mind grocery shopping then because I had someone to cook for. Once he passed I went back to my old ways. I don't eat lots of junk food - I can eat two small containers of yoplait yogurt and a handful of dry roasted unsalted peanuts and call it supper.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/2/2015 twinny70 said:

Warm and sunny here.

twinny70 I once saw a plaque that said "if we are what we eat, I am either cheap fast or easy"{#emotions_dlg.scared}

For some reason I seem to see that saying every year when we are vacationing on the East Coast. Maybe it is because my DH doesn't like any seafood except fish, so I eat his share.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies. Have a nice afternoon at work Jean I know you like subbing and miss it when you are not. That procedure sounds like something one of my sisters had about 10 yrs .ago..she is doing well today

Rosa unlike you I do like to go to the grocery store...in fact I like to go to any store.!

Twinny I hope your Moms apt goes well this afternoon and there is some improvement in her eyes.

Jean I had seen that thread this morning about Love Fashion and did not know what they were writing about..then I saw your comment ...I never did have that on my tablet. But now I see you said it's gone. Wonder what the reasoning was for it to start with?

Snickster drop in any time we are a nice group of ladies here.

It's a beautiful day here nice and sunny and they are saying it's going into the 50's....yeah..if that happens

Bird cute bunny picture....we have them running around here but I have yet to see one. I did see my first Robin last week on a pile of snow....I hope he found something to eat!

Have a nice afternoon everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Jean. That procedure certainly does not sound like fun, but I hope that it will solve at least one of your heart problems. I am continuing to pray for you. Hope work goes well this afternoon.

Also hope your Mom's appointment goes well twinny. Glad your DH is better, and also happy you had such a nice vacation break. Wish my clothes were as organized as yours. I am working on it, but I have so many chores to do and waste far too much time on the internet.

Hi bird mama -- what a cute bunny picture. When I lived alone, I found it difficult to prepare regular meals. Just seemed like too much work just for me. I think that is a pretty normal reaction. I am not clear (and, it is none of my business, but...) are you a widow?

Grocery shopping can be a hassle for me Rosa, but I still enjoy it. I guess I still remember the time (many years back) when grocery shopping was my only shopping since I had so little money. It was nice getting out and looking at things. Checking out wasn't so much fun, however. I lived in dread that I wouldn't have enough money to purchase all the things in my basket. Glad it is warm and sunny there.

Feel welcome to post with us anytime snickster.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, susan, pinky ann, Charlene, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

DH and I had a nice walk this morning, but I fear both of us are suffering a bit from "hay fever" since we were doing a bunch of sneezing, etc. The urologist office called back yesterday, and said that the doctor wanted to see DH tomorrow rather than the following Friday. Very happy that could be arranged. The only problem is that it is an early appointment, and the main road near his office is undergoing major work. They are suggesting that you allow an extra 30 minutes if you use that road. Long story short -- looks like an early morning for us (and no morning walk.)

I plan to go to the grocery store soon (need produce and some sort of meat for Easter dinner). When I looked at Wal-Mart yesterday, all the hams were very large and/or expensive. Wondering if I should go with a ham steak instead. That would be a major change, but perhaps more practical for two people. I'll go to Curves this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon and evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda, I don't know why it's weird for me to write the word, but yes I am a widow.

My DH was in my life for 7 years. I married later in life - was married at 40 and a widow 44. I still wear my rings and consider myself a married woman. For me, it's like he's out of town at our vacation home and I'll see him again.

I realize I write some squirrely things on these blogs. I'd like to assure my fellow posters that I did go through grief counseling after he passed away and my therapist confirmed that I am okay Wink

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Good Afternoon ladies!

Have been out of the loop for a few days..and am so glad to hear the fantastic news from the MD the other day..Konakat!!! I know it could of been worse.