Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 4/2)

Good morning, shopping friends. I see that there have been some changes to the site. Time will tell how well these work out!

I''ve been going through accumulated clothes this morning. As the saying goes, "less is more" sometimes. Some items might be worn more if there were not so many that one would lose track of what one actually has. I have these perfectly good crops from last two years that are in great condition but now a little too big. Do I wear them around the house? Do I donate them? Do I keep them in case I gain weight back?

I love doctors. I'm gearing up to have an SVT ablation done in June. It was originally scheduled for May but I postponed it until I found the results of the other problem and what else might be done.

This is a neat little procedure in which you have to be awake while it is done. They insert a catheter in the vein in the groin and snake it to the heart. Then they insert a tool in the catheter which identifies the cells of the heart that are misfiring, causing the other cells to react inappropriately...a chain of reaction type thing.

Once they identify the bad cells, they fry them or kill them. That will take care of one type of problem, leaving the other rhythm problem. They can't do both in one day as it would be all-day surgery. They plan to change the meds and see how that affects the other problem for a period of time to see if a similar procedure will need to be done for it.

Others have it far worse, so I consider myself fortunate. I have a chronic illness all my life but it is within the past two years that it seems these medical issues arose. The ablation is being done because the meds quit working effectively. I will go to the Medical Center for pre-admission testing on a Tuesday, have the procedure on Wednesday and go home on Friday.

I go to work in the afternoon, so things are returning to normal. Getting out of the house and doing something productive with human interaction is very much welcomed!

Have a great day! If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 4/2)

It would be nice is that big "Love Fashion?" box that blocks part of the threads and our ability to read them would be relocated to another area. Did someone not check that out before incorporating it into the design? Could the ability to remove it not be incorporated?

I used "chat" to register my concern. This was the reply:

Heather: (QVC Customer Service)9:30 AM
Thank you for your feedback. I will send this detailed report to the appropriate department.
Thanks, Heather!
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, your medical condition sounds awful at best & painful too. I don't love Dr' s. but I do love what they have done for me. I agree less is more in my closet too. I can see everything in it & usually pretty much everything gets worn as I go down the line to select my next day's outfit. It is cloudy & they called for rain this morning, but we didn't get any. It is supposed to be sunny this afternoon & in the 60's. We need rain as we didn't get much snow this winter. DH seems to be getting back to normal. I am going to take my mom to her eye appointment this afternoon. I am praying for some kind of improvement. Nothing exciting going on today. Hugs to all of you.
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You seem to be very organized about your clothing and make sure that you wear it. I'm glad DH is getting back to normal, and I hope that your mother's eye appointment shows some improvement. I know it is a very frustrating situation and seemingly hopeless at times.

Honored Contributor

Jean - Before my husband and I got together, he had some kind of procedure that almost reminds me of what you are going to be having from the perspective that he had to stay flat on his back due to the incision in his groin. He told me they put a weight (for direct pressure) on the incision and said it was a brick {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}. I'm sure it wasn't a brick and he was just pulling my leg when he was telling me the story.

Once we were married, he had another procedure (geez I wish I could remember what it was called), where they put a line in and shot some dye to check out the blood flow in his heart. He was awake for that, but given something to make his really relaxed. He said it tickled and when he told the doctors he could feel a tickle, they were not amused.

They are going to give you something to relax you right?

Twinny - I'll say a prayer for your mom.

Here's a bunny that looks like it likes to snuggle with it's human

Bunny GIF Dump, Part Four 11

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Sorry, don't mean to intrude, but that bunny is too cute for words.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Snickster, it's no intrusion. I've posted that bunny on various threads in the Community.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Jean, Is appears that you are getting excellent medical care. It is amazing what Dr's can do. You are always remembered in my prayers.

Warm and sunny here.

Just working, will stop after work at the grocery store. My least favorite shopping.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird, what an adorable bunny. Thanks for the prayer. It has been a long 6 month struggle with little if any improvement. Vacation last week did DH & I a world of good.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird--Your dh didn't exaggerate much. I had a friend who had a catheter exploration of his heart. He said he had to lie flat for six hours and had something heavy like a sandbag put on his groin. Then when it was removed, the nurse kept her hand on the injection site until the bleeding stopped. Yes, they give you something to relax but you have to be awake to answer questions, etc. Love the bunny!!!

Snickster--Welcome anytime!