Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 3/19)

Good Morning Ladies! It is a rare very cloudy day here in Arizona, and there is a prediction of rain. I used to dislike rainy days and really prefer sun, but we certainly need rain here in the desert. And, it is not cold or icy.

I did have a short nap yesterday afternoon, and I'm feeling much less stressed today. That is a blessing to be sure.

Hope Jean is finished her test and on the way back home by now. Also hope you are feeling okay Jean. Continuing to pray for you Gayle. Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, pinky ann, Charlene, Marijane, LindaR, Susan, Rosa, Karen, twinny (having fun, I hope), and all of our posters and readers.

I have two "classes" this afternoon (British history and British mystery writers), so I plan to go to Curves and take a walk this morning. If it is pouring rain, the walk probably won't happen, but....

Hope all of you are having a nice day, and please check in with us if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURSDAY, 3/19)

Hi Linda, thanks for getting us started. I'm also hoping Jean has a good appointment, and continued prayers for Gayle.

Linda - your classes sound like fun. Do you teach or attend? I have a degree in history and I recently discovered the cozy mystery genre, including British ones. I also love watching British mysteries on T.V. such as Father Brown, Death in Paradise, Rosemary and Thyme, etc., as well as the old Agatha Christie ones. Do you have any favorite British mystery writers?

My daughter had more good news when she took her second goat to the clinic to get her ultrasound. We have another pregnant goat! Good news. Now we're hoping for girl babies. Later this morning I am going to try to get a nice portrait-type picture of my daughter with her oldest goat. It's not easy to get a goat to be still and pose, but we're going to try, lol. After that my son is joining us and we're driving out of town to some outlet stores to do some shopping and spend time together.

Waves to everyone! ~ Charlene

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! Charlene I remember babies at my parents and we always loved them when they were little. They have a big Anatolian Shepherd that lived with the goats but now that they let them go she lives in the house. Have fun with your kids and shopping!!

Linda thank you for getting us going. I'm glad you felt better today. I went home yesterday to a "you don't have insurance on your truck" letter from the bank and my blood pressure went sky high. VERY irritated, over something so silly. I'm not sure what the issue was but it was strange to say the least.

I bought this anchor bracelet from Macy's thinking I would wear it to DD's graduation and it is a winner, very cute. Waiting on a couple dresses to ship. I bought one that was a little tight. Could keep it, and might but wanted to try the next size before I decide. So I'm just waiting on that.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon Ladies....Thanks for starting LindaL. .glad you are feeling better today. I like to watch Midsommers mystery (I think that's the name) and also Inspector Banks....I have read all of his books....there are others but can!t think of them offhand. have fun at your classes this afternoon.

Hope you got all your insurance problems straightened out Kathleen.....I will have to take a look at that bracelet on their website. Have you received any calls from your DD yet? when is graduation ?

Charlene two new baby goats to come...wow. ...how long are their pregnancies? Are these the first ones of your goats to be pregnant? have fun at the outlets today.

Jean I hope your medical apt went well today and you received some answers.

Went to the store this morning...it is cold...has been in the 30's all week, but sunny. Tomorrow for first day of spring we are expecting 5 inches of snow....and it will stick because it hasn't been warm. Some of the piles have melted but still a lot on the ground. I'm having salmon for supper. Today the men's college basketball NCAA's start....my DH 's team doesn't play till tomorrow night....9.30....it's going to be tough staying awake for that! have a nice day, Marijane

Super Contributor

Good afternoon everybody . its a shiny day here .

Esteemed Contributor

I have to say, I have never known a goat owner before Charlene. Do you make goat cheese or something? When I was an older teenager (many years ago), I stayed at a youth hostel type place on a farm, and I remember the goats not being very friendly. But, they were more friendly than the pigs, which sort of surprised me. Hope you enjoy the outlets and get a good picture of your DD and the goat.

Like you I have a degree in history, but I am definitely a student rather than being the teacher. At one time, I wanted to be a history teacher, but found that teaching wasn't the best choice for me. I was just too shy to handle the students. I really admire good teachers like Jean and the one I take these classes from. He is a retired university professor, and very entertaining.

I can't say that I have a favorite British mystery writer -- there are so many good ones. Now that I am retired, I have much more time to read, and it is a lot of fun. I am a fan of Midsomer Murders and many other British mystery series. Actually, I don't confine myself to British series, but....

That bracelet is cute, Kathleen. Hope you can straighten out that insurance mess. I'd be very upset to receive such a letter.

Sorry you will be getting more snow, Marijane. Hopefully, this will be the last snow of the season, and you will have warmer weather soon.

Hi Meeras!

Walk completed, and now to go to Curves.

Valued Contributor

Hi Ladies,

Linda, Thanks for starting the thread. I'm glad you were able to get a nap, and felt less stress afterwards. I fell asleep myself yesterday watching a show upstairs. It's very rare for me unless I'm sick, but luckily it didn't cause any issues getting to sleep at night.

Charlene, How fun to have baby goats. Babies of any kind are adorable, period. Hope you have a fun time out with your kids!

Gayle, Praying for you.......

Kathleen, Very neat bracelet. It's perfect for the graduation. Good luck with the dresses that are on the way. Why on earth wouldn't the bank just call if there was an insurance issue? I would be stunned to find that waiting for me.

It's nice out, but cold again. We're supposed to have more snow tomorrow. 3-5 inches they say. This morning I was in town for groceries and kitty supplies. I was surprised we needed as much as we did, so I'm glad that I went today and didn't put it off. I had no idea snow was expected again.

Not much planned for the afternoon. I'll be going up for a rest soon, and I'll see what I feel like doing later. I need to figure out something for supper, so I'll work on that now. It seems weird that I don't really mind making anything, but just hate trying to figure out what to make! lol pinky

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen cute bracelet! Pinky, I am the same way..don't mind cooking but run out of ideas as to what. Gayle hoping things are better for you...prayers and good thoughts going your way .
Respected Contributor

Ann, the strange thing was when I called the bank, she got on the phone to our agent, came back and said that the bank was not listed on the insurance - I was so angry at the time - how did the insurance notify the bank if they weren't listed? It was all very strange. In any case they got it straightened out and then DH called the insurance and gave them a hard time, as we paid a month ago and next payment is not due for 5 months.

Marijane now I have another bracelet I'm looking at. Wanty says I need it in silvertone! So far am resisting, maybe Mom or DH will have mercy and get it for me. ha ha! Graduation is late next month. I have a room but no flights - DH wants me to wait. I have not heard a thing from her but could get a phone call or letter anytime so I keep my phone charged and it goes EVERYWHERE with me. They say no news is good news and a couple Mom's got bad news today. I don't know what, I'm thinking their recruits failed a test or had a health issue. My heart is so heavy for those families. It would break DD's heart and mine 2x. Oh yes, March Madness!!

Meeras, I love seeing your posts and get a little smile on my face everytime!

Linda I grew up on a farm, the farm owners had pigs and they were nice. lol The goats were ok, I had a favorite and named her Daisy Jane after that America song. I would make a horrible teacher for the same reasons you listed!

Trusted Contributor

Kathleen, that one is nice too...I have to admit I took a look at all of them from Macy's....I ordered the beach one!!! It was on sale plus the coupon code etc. I remember when my son was in BC and me waiting for a call or letter.....at that time there were no cell phones that you could carry around with you and I hated to go out afraid I'd miss the call.