Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, SEPT. 3)

Greetings, shopping friends. It has been a dismal, rainy day. I did some positive things. I exercised for 90 minutes with 60 in the morning and 30 in the afternoon. This is a great way to kill time when rain doesn't permit you to do planned outdoor activities. I also paid a credit card in full before the statement posted, and I didn't purchase anything.

It is so hard for me to let things go. Is there one more time I could wear that? Is that something I could keep and wear around the house? How many pair of black or brown pants do I need? How many tops do I need? I really need to find answers to these questions, or find motivation to thin the herd and not buy more. I think I have the "not buying more" in pretty  good control; it is getting rid of the excess that is a problem for me.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out this holiday weekend, do it safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, SEPT. 3)

Hi Everyone!

It's a rainy day here and expected to last thru the night. Tomorrow is forecasted to be sunny. I did not get to the market today for groceries or prescriptins due another bad migraine. I have got to get there tomorrow for the prescription pick up at the very least.

I did dust and vacuum the first level floors. The lower level will be for another day. I dusted the other day so I hope it lasts thruthe weekend. I'm taking a break from the decluttering and organizing until next. 

I did the "stand and stare" at my closet so I would not be tempted with the D&Co sweater. I love leggings and long tops because they work for my retired life with the dogs. I hang on to the tops far too long. The bottoms once worn out I stack in my "outside work clothes" I still need to toss some of those things. I know that. My problem is that my favorite pants (Linea stretch capri) are no longer made. This year they have to be tossed. I need to get better at this or at least get it all in one spot. When I do the closets I hope this will solve the situation.

I spent some time on the web searching for a stove and upper vent system. I may have to switch to gas instead of electric and I'm not certain I want to do that now. It will probably depend on if I can find both pieces from the same manufacturer. I think I'll have a better chance of fitting the space if I do that. I don't want to do anything to touch the cabinets with the install. I went thru that "snag" with the dishwasher and I still remember that nightmare. UGH!!!

Have a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, SEPT. 3)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  It is hot (101 at the moment) and dry here, Jean.  We could really use all that rain you are having, but....  There is a tornado watch in DD's area -- certainly hope that doesn't happen.  Sorry your relatives were affected by the storms and the fires, Glenda.

Glad you are getting in all that exercising, Jean.  I had a nice walk this morning, and need to do my Leslie Sansone DVD this afternoon.  Not feeling all that enthused about it at the moment, but.... 

Like you, I have a difficult time getting rid of my excess.  Having to do a lot of moving around for the carpet installation helped me to reconsider and trash or set aside some things for donation.  But, I still have way too much.  The bedroom is back in order, but I still have quite a bit to do in the "office".  I have been holding on to books and other things that belonged to DH., but everything does not have sentimental value.  

I am super happy with the new carpet -- the padding must be much better than the old one since this is nice and cushy.  The installers were very nice, and I had no trouble paying off the rest of what I owed at the carpet store.

Today was my grocery day, and it went pretty well.  For some reason, the grocery store doesn't have many check-out lines these days, so shopping is taking longer.  That was also true of Wal Mart.  But, I got everything on my list.

Sorry about your migraine, Fressa. I have not had one in several years, but I remember how debilitating they were for me.  Hope you can get to the pharmacy and grocery store tomorrow.

Glad you are able to use the gym, Glenda.  Good luck with your cooktop, Bernie.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda