Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, SEPT. 16)

Morning, shopping friends. It is a gloomy day, one which I started by sleeping an hour later than normal. I guess I was tired.

I had my vision checked yesterday. I was told the right eye needed a minor upgrade in the prescription but if I was seeing in my comfort level, an immediate change requiring new lenses was not required. I am nearsighted in my right eye and farsighted in my left eye. They did an adjustment on my current frames with made a big difference. I have decided to postpone getting new glasses.

I just received a  phone call from the hospital doing the procedure. Apparently, I'm still on the books for the scheduled date but that might change as we near the last of October. Covid is still rampant in my state with hospital beds in limited availability, as well as a sudden shortage in the oxygen required to treat some because of the unexpected demand.

I am still decluttering. I was always so exhausted when I came home from work that I always thought tomorrow would be the day but the day never came. Once this is "completed," a daily or weekly effort will take care of some things. It is amazing the duplicates I have found in the kitchen and bathroom. I haven't started on clothing.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. Is it a "need" or is it a "want?"

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, SEPT. 16)

KomKat---I'm glad that you didn't need to get new lens. I am very nearsighted and wore contacs. After having all types so I could just read, drive, etc. I returned to glasses  before the covid arrived. I'm still not sure if I'll return to contacs. 

I put the major decluttering on hold while I was peeling wallpaper in the spare room. I've been doing the small decluttering like you mentioned. I may tackle the cedar closet again before I begin  the net wallpaper removal. Such fun....LOL  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's hazy and slightly cool for a bit. Temps are going into the 80's this afternoon. We've had so much fog in the mornings this week. We missed the worse part of that storm yesterday and last night. Some rain and wind but nothing awful. So relieved.

I am determined to pick up the prescription today and a few groceries. I checked the store ad and bacon is on sale for $9!!! UGH!! I paid $5 2 weeks ago. Dang it!!!  I'm in sticker shock before I even get to the market. Not good.

I started a small prepper/emergency collection of supplies. I thought I need to really spend some time on what we have and could need. I found reflective dog leases to use. Then  I thought that we should probably have a few blankets, lantern/flashlight etc. I was hoping to get everything in one plastic tote but I'm rethinking the storage. I saw an ad for prepper dog food. Not sure about that but something to consider. It's never dull around here.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you don't need new glasses at this time.  I usually get a new pair every year since my eyes almost always have changed.  Also, I pay extra for vision insurance that covers quite a bit of the cost.  That is good because my glasses are quite expensive -- just the lenses alone.  Unlike Fressa, I have never worn contacts  but my DD and others in her family have both glasses and contacts.

Really hope you are able to have your knee replacement as scheduled.  Still no word on my Prolia injection, so I'm pretty sure that I won't get it until after my trip.

Good job with the decluttering.  It is amazing how much "stuff" one can accumulate over time. 

Hi Fressa.  Glad the storms were not too bad.  That is an outrageous price for bacon.  I had read that meat prices were way up, but never dreamed that much higher.  As I probably have mentioned, I am mostly vegetarian (not vegan) these days, but bacon was always one of my weaknesses.  When my cholesterol was so high June before last, my doctor said that I should give it up.  Not easy for sure.  Sometimes I think I am like the dogs in the ads for imitation bacon treats.  Oh well...

Hope things go okay at the store.  Probably wise to have an emergency bag ready.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda