Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, MAY 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a rainy day with storms expected later. I had planned to go to the cemetery to place flowers on my parents and other relatives' graves but the rain changed my mind. The forecast for the rest of the week doesn't sound encouraging.

I was watching TV when the LG TSV made its debut. She looked fine but the ruffle around the hips did not look great on the host. For a blouse disguised as a jacket, it does not appeal to me.

Then this morning, I was watchig the SG show and saw an item on clearance that was nice but even the clearance price was too high for my tastes right now. The price was more like what the original price should have been and for a clearance price, the price should have been lower.

For those asking about Midnight, the vet told me that he is the second oldest cat among her clients. The oldest one is 18. Midnight has had digestion issues for a long time, requiring him to eat ID dry food. Now, his stool is becoming increasingly watery or more like diarrhea at times. He has had a dry food with a lot of fiber added to his diet but time will tell if he will eat it. He wouldn't eat the wet food version of it.

I had severe knee pain last night so I didn't sleep. I have no energy today, so I'll likely pass on exercising and walk myself to bed to read. I can always do an item review later should I be motivated but more likely will be watching Hulu, Netflix, etc. as they are far cheaper than the Q products right now, plus there is no stimulation to buy.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely,

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, MAY 23)

I have a black cat with white paws and scarf. About 3 years ago she met me down outside the mall and kept coming to see me when I walked there. So I took her home and she is the sweetest. I heard people don't want black cats to adopt. I call her Bootsie or Boots.  I adopted from a shelter but she is jealous and tries to get Sandy but she is getting better. Raining here in so Cal so I am washing clothes. Nice to meet you. Sorry about your parents. Mine are gone too and so is my husband.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, I have been trying to read the posts when I can, but last night I couldn't post or give hearts to any of you.  I am sorry to hear that Midnight is having some age related health issues.  

We had a nice time at Pigeon Forge yesterday and then we got a motel for last night and tonight in Gatlinburg.

We are both tired but we are having a nice time.   My DH is taking a nap.

We left at 8:30 this morning and drove a few miles up the road to the info center for free parking and the 50¢ shuttle buses to go sightseeing, shopping & a good lunch at a Chinese restaurant.

It's been in the 90's for a few days, but we are getting good at finding shade.  We are planning to go to the outdoor pool real soon.  Thank goodness for A/C at the motel & in the Subaru.

We are heading out of this area tomorrow morning.  We don't know for sure where our next destination is going to be, but we are hoping for somewhere cooler.  

We have been lucky to avoid rain.  We saw on the TV this morning the terrible flooding and tornadoes in several southern states.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Halfpint1, hi to you too.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bird Mama, what kind of weather are you having?  It's hot down here and we are trying to figure where to take off for tomorrow that's not in the 90's.  

Esteemed Contributor

@halfpint1Welcome to the thread.  I may be prejudiced but I think black cats are great and yours sounds like a winner also. I also adopted Midnight from the Humane Society when he was 3 years old a very fast 13 years ago. It is true that at one time black cats were hard to adopt but that might not be as true now. Hopefully that mindset has changed. They are great companions as you well know.

@twinny70, Twinny, I am glad you are enjoying your trip. From what I have heard, the  entire Southeast will be hot. I know it is expected to be in the 90s here next week. Perhaps you might want another mountain retreat or head north to the Great Lakes.

I spent the afternoon reading and actually napping. I was so tired from not sleeping last night. I've decided to skip a day of exercise so hopefully I will get back into it tomorrow.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@twinny70   we've been having rain on and off.  It was hot today, 80's. The wind picked up this afternoon.  It should be cooler tomorrow and I should be able to cut the grass, hallelujah.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all, I tried to be productive today and cleaned the first floor gutters, went to the bank to get the tree doctor's money and visited the recycling center.  It's been about 3 weeks since I last dropped off recycling and it was getting ridiculous, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope the new food helps Midnight's digestive issues.  Hard to believe he is that old.  Really hope he will be okay.  I know you are doing all you can to make that happen.

Very sorry you didn't sleep well last night.  Glad you took time to rest a bit today.  I slept fairly well -- got up a few times, but ended up taking Midnite (herbal type sleep aid) which seemed to help.  I went on my "regular" walk this morning, and it was chilly out there.  Funny thing is that our weather is considerably cooler than normal -- highs only in the 70's today.  It should be warmer tomorrow and back up in the 80's/90's next week.

Glad you are having a nice vacation twinny -- hope you can find a cooler area to stay.  

Waves to , Bernie, and all of our posters and readers.

No TSV for me either, Jean.  I just can't deal with that ruffle.  Like you, I have seen some interesting SG items, but I'm unwilling to pay the "bargain" prices.  Just as well since I have plenty (more than enough) clothes.

I picked up my new hearing aid this morning.  It is still under warranty for damage issues, but if I lose it again I will need to pay the full price rather than the $300 this one cost (insurance deductible).  The audiologist told me about some insurance I can buy, but I'm not sure yet if I want to do so.  Even with that insurance, I would need to pay $300 if I lost a hearing aid again.

Much to my shock, my CPA finished my taxes, and I am actually getting a refund!  I just took the final paper from DH's investments yesterday afternoon.  The CPA is such a nice man, and explained the refund, etc.  Apparently, we made a lot less "capital gains" last year compared to the year before.  Therefore, our income was down, and thus the taxes were down.  My plan is to split the refund between DH's children since I'm sure the "capital gains" and lack thereof were to do with his investments.  What a good surprise!

I went to the gym and contacted my hospice patient to confirm my visit on Saturday.  Later, the hospice volunteer coordinator asked me if I could visit with my patient when her caregiver (husband) goes to the doctor one day in June.  Fortunately, I am able to do so.  I also called one of my friends (in my bookclub and grief group), and we had a nice talk.  

Very good day except I still haven't gotten to my financial review yet.  I definitely need to get that done today.  

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight, especially you, Jean.

Hugs,

Linda