Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(THURS, MAY 13)

Good morning or approaching afternoon. We are blessed with Sun, sun, sun! The temperature,however, won't increase until the weekend.

I just booked a Park and Fly hotel for the evening before we leave for Alaska in June. I like getting things out of the way and since there was no cancellation fee, it was a good move for me--another thing off checklist.

I just checked my order status. There is one order spending time in a UPS sorting facility and for another, there no longer remains tracking info. Instead, I am being directed to customer service.

I hope you are having a good day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME(THURS, MAY 13)

Jean, it's been a nice sunny 60's week which I am enjoying.  I have a big  load of laundry blowing in the breeze.   That's nice that you could book a Park 'n Fly ahead of time.  Like you say, one less thing to worry about. 

We are looking forward to leaving home tomorrow morning after we eat a good breakfast.    It's been a busy week getting it all done.  We have the Subaru already to sleep in at a State Park campground tomorrow night as we are only going 1/2 way & getting there late Saturday morning.  I was lucky that the curtains from our other Subaru fit perfect.  All I had to do was put on the Velcro strips.  We are not ready to  stay in a motel yet.  We like our comforter, sheet and pillows.

We did a lot of running around here and there plus getting my 30 day RX from Wal-Mart.  I am hoping to be able to get a 90 days supply next time.

We were saddened to hear that an 18 year old boy going to our HS was killed early yesterday morning in a car accident just weeks before graduation.  Both of our dc  lost a classmates just before their graduations  & it's devastating for so many people.

We have been busy getting the fridge cleaned out.

I am getting a haircut this afternoon.  My DH just told me that both of his watches have a dead battery, so I will go to the jewelry store close to my salon.  Better today than tomorrow.  I am off & running!

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat  We've got some sun here too.  It's supposed to warm up a bit (upper 60's, low 70's) this weekend.  I'm glad you booked your hotel.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   I'm excited for you in regards to your little road trip.  I always look forward to the details from your road trips.  Have fun at the salon.  I'm sorry to read about such a young life cut short.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny but cool today. It is still getting cold at night but stopping just above freezing temps. I spent the day doing the "once over dusting" and cleaning glass top tables, etc. I pushed myself to do both levels just so it's done. Next week I'll do some deep cleaning. 

I had eye infections this week even with the daily drops. Sping must be arriving soon. I'm like a walking science experiment. Honestly, between the knees and the eyes I should do the daily forecast. LOL

FYI--Kohl's is having a big sale. I just happen to go thru all the store coupons and found my Kohl's $. Well, I could not believe the selection of patio rugs they have on their site. I decided to take a chance and ordered a rug to coordinate with the new round rug that I just received. I just didn't think it was wise to be risking a fall for myself or the dogs no matter how much I have the old rugs weighted down. I'll probably move them into the garage for the lawnmower to sit on. The ones on the front porch are still a bit curly so I'll have to attend to that tomorrow or the weekend. 

It was good to see Dan Hughes back on the air. I enjoy his presentaions. 

We had a notice from our township that if you have trouble with wasps/bees in your mailbox to put a dryer sheet inside. It seems they can't stand the smell of them. Who knew? 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you have sun and were able to reserve the Park and Fly hotel for your trip.  That can be very convenient and cost effective compared to other options.

Your trip sounds great, Glenda.  Hope you are happy with your hair and your DH has batteries for his watch now.  That is so tragic about the young man killed in the car accident.  I remember that happened in my high school, and it was so sad when they announced his name at graduation.

Hope you enjoy the warmer weather this weekend, Bernie.  You wouldn't care for our heat today -- high of 97 degrees expected.  It is very dry, but still hot.

Sorry about your eyes, Fressa.  Hope the new rug works out.  I know that "throw" rugs can pose a falling hazard.  When DH started on hospice, they told me to get rid of almost all of my throw rugs. I stored some, donated several, and trashed others.  Now, I am down to very few.  Glad to hear Dan is back.

I did my grocery shopping this morning, and I'll be leaving to pick up the hospice supplies soon. 

The TSV appeals to me, but it is not in the budget at this time, plus I would want them to bring the chair in the house and set it up rather than leaving it at the door.  Oh well....

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S.  So far, I am liking the little HEPA filter I ordered from Amazon.  It is possible to turn down the fan at night so the noise doesn't bother me.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I tell my dh that I have as much fun planning a trip as I do going on it.  We pack light now that we are older.  Should have done that a long time ago when the kids were with us.  It's going to be so much fun seeing family that we haven't seen for a year or two.  

My haircut is perfect and my dh's watch has a new battery in it.  It's a nice shop, so it was worth $10.

Glenda