Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS. MARCH 11)

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and stormy today. UGH!! The rain is to last thru tomorrow morning. Then we are forecasted with cooler temps and dry. 

I made an appointment for a charity pick up on next Tuesday so I have another round of donations upstairs and labled. That should work better than any place in the lower level. All those steps in one evening to get everything in front of the garage is a challenge. Hopefully, this will be the new spot to store this stuff and I can just shut the door until the truck arrives. At least, that's the plan for now.

I was dragging a bit today so I finally washed all the plush dog toys and tossed a few that were just too ripped. They still play with  them but I have to get a few of the them in the trash. They have a backet in the three main rooms that they prefer. I know they are spoiled but worth it. IMO So cute to see these big dogs curl up at night with a stuffed lamb or elephant.  Something peaceful about it to me.

I did a little decluttering today but not as much as I wanted. I'm still learning this "pace yourself" tactic that seems to have skipped my genes. ha ha!!! I was hoping to finish the Easter decorating but that bin is in the far back corner of the work room so I opted for another day before I put the bunnies in place.

The hubby needed a new weeder so he ordered a cordless SunJoe model. It uses the same battery that is in the snowblower but also a smaller size that it is the blower. Crossing my fingers that we are as pleased with this as the other products.

I was uas up super early again with the dogs today so I was able to watch more of the Q in the morning while drinking coffee. Nothing tempted me which was a good thing. I have a weeder to pay for before any other purchase is made. 

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS. MARCH 11)

[ Edited ]

@Fressa wrote:

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and stormy today. UGH!! The rain is to last thru tomorrow morning. Then we are forecasted with cooler temps and dry. 

I made an appointment for a charity pick up on next Tuesday so I have another round of donations upstairs and labled. That should work better than any place in the lower level. All those steps in one evening to get everything in front of the garage is a challenge. Hopefully, this will be the new spot to store this stuff and I can just shut the door until the truck arrives. At least, that's the plan for now.

I was dragging a bit today so I finally washed all the plush dog toys and tossed a few that were just too ripped. They still play with  them but I have to get a few of the them in the trash. They have a backet in the three main rooms that they prefer. I know they are spoiled but worth it. IMO So cute to see these big dogs curl up at night with a stuffed lamb or elephant.  Something peaceful about it to me.

I did a little decluttering today but not as much as I wanted. I'm still learning this "pace yourself" tactic that seems to have skipped my genes. ha ha!!! I was hoping to finish the Easter decorating but that bin is in the far back corner of the work room so I opted for another day before I put the bunnies in place.

The hubby needed a new weeder so he ordered a cordless SunJoe model. It uses the same battery that is in the snowblower but also a smaller size that it is the blower. Crossing my fingers that we are as pleased with this as the other products.

I was uas up super early again with the dogs today so I was able to watch more of the Q in the morning while drinking coffee. Nothing tempted me which was a good thing. I have a weeder to pay for before any other purchase is made. 

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Fressa, we had a bit of rain overnight,  but it's sunny and very windy.  I hope that your charity pick up works for you.  My DH put my clothesline outside on Sunday, so I hung two loads of laundry out on Monday and Tuesday.  They were so nice and soft when I brought them in.  It's nice that your dog's still like their stuffed animals.  

We left home at 8:10 this morning for the grocery stores and Wal-Mart.  It's a perfect time for us as we were able to get right thru the checkouts & back home in 1 1/2 hours.  

My bf from HS stopped in as we were just finishing lunch.  She brought a friend up to get her first vaccination, then she came here to laminate our vaccination cards.   Our pharmacist told us to laminate them and have them handy if we decide to travel.  They are already in the glove compartment.  My bf got her first vaccination on Tuesday, so we had a good carry out safe distancing lunch here.  They will be coming up on March 30th for their 2nd vaccination.  

We just got back from the gym.  It's supposed to be a nice weekend and we have plans.  Yippee!

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

ETA: Jean and Bird Mama, I edited my post from yesterday.  Thanks for your nice message.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Sorry your weather hasn't been nice, Fressa.  Sounds like a good plan about the donations.  I think many pets are getting the "royal treatment" these days with more people home.  Wonder how the dogs will feel when some of their owners go back to working outside of the home someday.  Hope the weeder works for you.

Good job on the shopping and gym, Glenda.  It is really a shame that your former supervisor never had a chance to enjoy retirement.  

I have been pretty busy today with grocery shopping, British history OLLI class, and hospice deliveries.  I did make it home for the last 15 minutes or so of the vegan cooking class.  Fortunately, they record it, so I can watch when it is posted.  I will work on the hospice mailings this evening and go to the Post Office tomorrow.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope Jean's appointment went okay today, and everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

We had some gusty winds today.  Even with trees in my backyard those winds come sailing across the open field that borders my backyard and slam into the back of the house.  I don't like wind like that.  I went for my periodic cleaning at the dentist today.  She found a tiny cavity on the incisal or cutting edge of one of my front teeth.  When she said it was tiny I kind of hoped she would just fill it today.  Nope, gotta go back in April.  I was going to go grocery shopping afterwards but it was so windy and later in the morning than when I usually go so I came home and said, nah I'll do it tomorrow.

I thought we were going to get rain but I guess the wind and clouds were the cold front moving in.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise