Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, JANUARY 2)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. Alexa got me up  bright and early this morning so I could get the trash out. I came back in, fixed breakfast and then turned on the Q.

Oh my!! I have two spots in which I had been looking for folding shelves like the TSV but all I've found have been too wide. The measurements on these were perfect, so I have 3 coming home to me, 2 to use in the kitchen and one. in the bedroom.

I also spent an hour organizing clothing by brand and for work. The more casual clothing will find its own place, as well as clothing for home wear. When I get finished, I hope some of the clothing will find a new home if I haven't worn it...or was it not worn because it wasn't in the right organizational space. I'm trying to get back into a more organized mode again.

I am tired as I just finished an hour of exercise. In that time, I went from a heart rate of 59 to one of 102. It has since dropped down to 67. I am also trying to drink more water so that is beside me now as I type.

I'm watching SG right now. Danger, danger! I can resist the temptation as I sufficiently indulged with the TSV. I liked it when Susan said to buy something new for 2020. Well, I did but it wasn't clothing.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, JANUARY 2)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I am used to Alexa waking me every morning.  In fact, I really missed "her" when I was away in Italy.  Glad you got the trash out and found the shelving units you have been wanting at a TSV price.  I happened to be watching HSN the other day, and they had a very narrow collapsible shelving unit that was extremely tempting.  But, then I decided that I didn't need more shelves, just less stuff.   

I did get my Christmas decorations put away yesterday -- better organized, but not many were cut.   Since I have DH's old closet, there is room enough.  I'm sure that if I needed to move or accommodate another person, I would have more motivation, but....

Today I had a big shock when I looked at one of my bank accounts and found the interest received was 40% of what I received last month.  I called the bank and they said they will file a report for me, and something should happen within five days.  The interest rate is variable, but the representative said it hadn't changed lately.  I also found out about another account that may be of interest, but I'm not rushing into that one. 

There is a caregivers early lunch today followed by a meeting and possible coffee afterwards.  I may go to the gym later, if I'm not too tired.  Good for you with getting back with exercising and keeping hydrated, Jean.  I make a point of drinking water when I get up and throughout the day as much as possible.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I was surprised to see that half of our neighbors already have their Christmas decorations down from their yards. I decided that I'm going to move at a slower pace this year. I would really love to declutter some stuff before I put this stuff away but I'm thinking that might be a bit too ambitious for now. We'll see how it goes. At the very least I will get the outside tree and sleigh with reindeer in the garage. If we have snow or the ground freezes then I'll just diconnect the power until the thaw.

I did have success with spending all of my rewards $ and gift cards with Kohls and Pier 1. I couldn't believe how fast inventory moved from the Pier 1 site. I was seartching for a 3' white or gold tinsel tree to hang the ornament collection that the kids started for me. The little tree stand that I have is over crowed and can't hold the weight.  I may check the AT Home store or wait until next year. I'm thinking that I might be able to use them on one of my 5' trees once I find a place to put it.,

I was pleased with my super scaled backed decorating this year. It was still pretty and looked festive but didn't look unfinished. It has reenergized me for the next phase of decluttering. I need less stuff so I'm not buying any more storage items. At least, that's what I told myself this morning.

I caught Mary Beth Roe on one of the Christmas clearance programs yesterday and was so tempted to order those oversized ornaments. I stopped myself because I just wasn't sure they were not all returns. I am trying to be even more strict with the budget this year since we have stove, fence and floors as projects. UGH!!!!

Today is the car appointment day for 3 recalls. I'm hoping for no surprises and no charge. We finally got my Garmin updated so I can find my way around these detours. Seriously, I have no sense of direction no matter how hard I try.

Glad to hear that everyone is haveing a good start to the new year with their plans. Have a good afternoon/evening.   

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I really hope the problem with the interest is resolved. Computer or human error, it is still a shock to see that type of change. I didn't see the storage units on HSN or I might have indulged then. 

Fressa--I saw those giant ornaments presented by Mary Beth and thoought they looked nice. It is something that would present a challenge to store. I do hope your car appointment goes well.

I had Progresso Light soup for lunch and am now heading to the bed. I'm feeling light headed and my pulse rate is lower than normal. I think I overdid it this morning when exercising but at the time, I felt fine.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat   You know me, I always ask what color you ordered.  So, what color of shelving units did you choose? 

I used to have a really heavy and dark bookcase in the office.  Now that I think about it, it was more like an entertainment center, lol.  This room used to be my husband's office.  I surrendered my office down the hall to the birds years ago. 

I got so sick of that dark huge piece of furniture (ready to assemble piece and solid if I say so myself) in a room that I felt was too small to accomodate it so I disassembled it and pitched it in 2018.  In it's place I bought an ivory 4 shelf unit from home depot that looks like this

Image result for ivory colored 4 tier unit

Amazon had the perfect size of shelf liners so I ordered a set and I haven't looked back since.  It holds what I need it to hold and doesn't suck the air out of the room Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   Wow, I would have called the bank too as that's a significant decrease Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

Hi @Fressa  My sense of direction was lousy most of my life.  I was okay if I had landmarks.  When I entered my 50's it was a like a light bulb went off.  I could describe directions by referencing North, South, East and West with confidence.  Strangest thing Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I got the shelves in bronze. Thanks for the idea of checking Amazon for additional shelf liners. I was planning to cut cardboard to size and perhaps covering with a that cut and stick stuff that comes in a variety of patterns. The garage could use these also but in the wider size from Amazon.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I like the shelves that you ordered.  It sounds like you had a good exercise time today.  I am trying to drink more water, but it's not a favorite of mine.  Crystal Lite is much better, imo.

Linda , that would be sticker shock from your bank.  Hopefully they made an error.  Right before Christmas, my DH and I went to one of our banks to withdraw $$$ for our dc and dgc instead of gift cards.  The teller told us that there was a $25 penalty.  It's a Golden Passbook Account which had very good interest a long time ago.  We forgot that we can only make one withdrawal each quarter. We withdrew $$$ when we purchased our new Subaru in November. We told her to put the $$$ back in the account and we took it out of a different bank.  The next time we get to the other bank  we are putting it into a regular savings account. We rarely take $ out, but just in case we want to.

Fressa, most of our neighbors have taken down their outdoor Christmas deco's too.  I scaled back a few years ago and don't miss what we got rid of.  Not the big tree either.  We used to decorate outdoors, but that got to be too much also.  Good luck with your car appointment.  No surprises would be wonderful.  I have no sense of direction either.  When our eldest dgs was 2 years old, he had a great sense of direction.  If I took him to the library a different direction, he would tell me that I was going the wrong way.

Bird Mama, I like your shelves too.  They lighten up the area.  I am not a fan of dark wood or everything dark.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Its a beautiful sunny 40's day which is way above normal for this time of the year.  DH walked this morning and washed the Subaru.  I went to the library, grocery store and walked around our square.

It was so nice in the hot tub this afternoon.

We got our license plate registration fee for our new Subaru today.  Since we have wheel tax, it's $105.  Not bad.  Then I was happy to get my 3 month mail order of Xarelto for $67. Three months ago, I paid $336 for it.  I am now on a different RX plan, so I wanted to renew them from this rx plan before it expired in 12/31/19.  I am not sure what they will be next time, but they won't be this cheap.

Supper is the beef stew in the crock pot which I made a few days ago. 

We are looking forward to going to our nieces wedding on Saturday.  It should be a nice day.