Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS., JAN 7)

Greetings, shopping friends. The day was off to a good start with sunshine but around noon, the gloomy skies returned. I am in so  much need for sunshine!

I looked at the TSV. I guess this will be the Q's brand to be carried. I do have the other and like it very much. My favorite size is the small as it holds much more than one thinks and is easier to manage. I do hope the Q continues to carry the name brand.

I can remember when the Q introduced its version of Vera Bradley which didn't last long. I did have a travel set of it, part of . The large duffle was donated long ago but I kept the small organizer which is now leaving the home.

I am scheduled to get the Covid vaccine tomorrow. I hope all goes well. Today, I have some sniffles so hopefully it isn't developing into something else.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS., JAN 7)

Hi Everyone!

It's cloudy and cool today. I swear it feels like snow weather but none in the forecast...yet. BOO! The ground is slightly frozen so I'll settle for that over all around mud. YUK!

Yesterday I received all of my Q orders. The L&L arrived that I had only ordered a few days ago as well as the skin care products from weeks ago. This morning I spent ordering all the dog food and  treat supplies for next few months. They all still have a shipping delay caution on the website so I'm ordering a bit ahead of what is the usual. 

I got lucky yesterday and the pharmacy was a breeze to pick up the prescriptions and return home. That's my lucky card for this year. I'll have to go back tomorrow for som e groceries but two trips will work better for me this week. I was able to sort and shred another stack of misc mail and charity donation requests yesterday afternoon. I kept the few regular ones but I am receiving many more for others. 

KomKat--I had ordered that other brand (peria, I think) like you did and am very pleased with them. I have some in use and some ready for the closet project. They do hold more than you think and seem to be stronger than most of what I used to have holding sheets and blankets. I like the window so you can see at a glance what's inside. So much easier than a sticker. 

I hope your sniffles disappear and your covid vaccine goes quickly.

The popcorn finally arrived and so far it is just the "one" order. I was pleased that there wasn't that spray smell on the box but the popcorn was in a plastic bag inside the bos which was additional from how it is usually sent. I felt much better about using it. I know I'm extra cautious about any item that is ingested or used on the body but I'd rather be safe than sorry these days.

It's meatloaf for dinner tonight for dinner. I'm adjusting to the range and realize that it must have been going on the fritz longer than I thought. Well, we certainly got our use from it which is always good.

Stay safe & comfy.   

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is sunny here, and should make it to 70 degrees again today.  I know you would prefer our weather. 

Glad you are getting the vaccine, and I hope it goes well.  DD told me that her instructor (in her early 50's and works at a hospital, I think) got the vaccine on Monday, and had a very bad reaction.  She was still not well yesterday evening, but not as bad.  I know everyone has different vaccine reactions, and fingers crossed you will only have a sore arm at most.

I thought the same thing when I saw the TSV.  It seems they get you "sold" on one brand, and then switch to their own.  Don't know if the quality will be the same, but hope so for any who buy them.    Hope you don't have anything other than short-term sniffles.

Hi Fressa.  Glad you got your orders, and the pharmacy went well yesterday.

I'm about to leave to pick up my hospice deliveries and mailings.  This morning, I went to a couple of grocery stores, and managed to get plenty of produce, etc. to fill in my WalMart pick up order from yesterday.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Boy am I ever late to the thread today.  I was pre-occupied with the events of the day yesterday so I didn't even visit Q's community.  Today I went grocery shopping for me and my sister.  She picked up her items on her way home from work.  I couldn't believe that there were no bagged salads in stock and it looked like there was a run on paper plates, lol.  I also couldn't find a single renuzit solid air freshener - strange.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise