Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, JAN 21)

Greetings, shopping friends. Today is a beautiful sunny day. I'll be venturing out this afternoon to get med refills and to get mail that has accumulated at the Post Office since last Friday.

I've been working on finding more items for donation and also watching the SG show. You will like this one as it relates to SG. I discovered a big folding file secured in a storage cube.

Out of sight and out of mind, it had several invoices stuck in the Q section. This dates back to March 2005 for a SG item which consisted on an SG linen/rayon jacket with tank and pants. The cost? $35.82 plus $4.72 for shipping and tax of $2.43.

There was also an invoice for a Denim & Co. short sleeve with v-neck for only $21.00.  I bought 3 of them with total shipping of $8.44 for the 3 tops.

Sometimes, decluttering is a trip down memory lane. I don't remember the SG outfit but do remember the D&C tops as I really enjoyed them. Now, I can shred these invoices.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, JAN 21)

Hi Everyonr!

KomKat--I loved the prices on your "find" of QVC invoices. Those were the days with bargains. Now, I'm more thrilled with the free s&h than a few $ off the price. 

It's cold but sunny today. A nice change. It's melting the patio a bit so the ice is a bit softer.I'll use the salt mixture if it's really bad. If I do that means that I have to wipe the dogs ball before every toss for playtime. Better to be safe.

Today is the car appointment for the tire problem so I have my fingers crossed that this doesn't become too expensive. I plan on doing a little cleaning and switiching the hangers around in the closet to those space saving ones. That project is coming along  nicely but it still needs some additonal improvement. I'm taking a break from than and today will install those spinning pantry space savers. I'm tired of seeing them on the kitchen chair. LOL

I was up earlier than usual today so I watched the home show with Dan & Ali. I ordered another set of the Nellie's dryer balls. The hubby is allergic to fabric softener so I thought this was a good alternative. Sale price and 2yr shlef life. I like some of the other products in that line since I have allergies and sensitivies. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THURS, JAN 21)

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  We had some rain overnight and this morning.  Since then, the sun has gone in and out several times.  And rain is expected this afternoon.  I hope that I can stay dry when I do my hospice deliveries.  I don't think an umbrella would work since I'm already carrying boxes -- some quite large.  So, I have a raincoat ready.  Good luck with your decluttering/sorting, and trip to the Post Office and pharmacy.

Those are interesting receipts.  I have been good about shredding receipts once I have decided to keep an item, so I'm sure I don't have any around.  However, I do remember "back in the day" when prices here were much lower.  

You got me interested in those dryer balls, Fressa.  I have a couple that I bought a few years back, but I'm sure it is time for replacing them.  While I don't have a lot of allergies, my DD and ex were both very allergic to fabric softener sheets, etc., so I never got in the habit of buying them.  These balls seem to be an excellent alternative.  Hope the tires are not too expensive -- I know they were for my car which is not a big SUV or truck, but maybe you only need a couple tires at this point.

I am a big fan of VPH, but fortunately the TSV is not calling my name.  I am trying not to watch her shows since it would probably lead to temptation.

My grocery store trip was uneventful.  I did notice there are many more shoppers and cars these days.  Our "winter visitors" (aka snowbirds) are back in force.  They had some "no name" disinfectant wipes, etc., but the price was very high.

Very happy to report that my SIL is better today.  The monoclonal antibody treatment took a while to help, but he made it through the night for the first time in ages.  The rest of the family is still doing a lot of coughing, etc., but hanging in there,

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda