Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THRUSDAY, AUGUST 26)

Hi Everyone!

It's partly cloudy with  temps in the high 70's.  We had another strong rainstorm with thunder and lightning yesterday. It laster thru the night. All of the gardens got plenty of water. YIPPEE !!

Today that neighbor who has the large dead pine trees next to us is finally having them taken down. What a relief. I can finally relax and not worry about that one coming down on our house. One last time to place the solar lights on the driveway and we can finally install our new lamp post light this weekend. It will be nice to have the light and the repair checked off the list.

I was pleased to see a D & co program and a Garden Party yesterday but watched most of it in the nightly repeat. I did see the Temptations program with the holiday specialty items. I enjoy seeing them but I refrain from purchasing.  I don't have space to store them and am trying to have some stronger control on items for specific holidays. One holiday / season at a time. That's the goal.

Tomorrow I will grocery shop and pick up a prescription. The tree guys have the street blocked so that's an easy choice. Today I'll scrub bathrooms or Dyson. I sure know how to have some fun around here. LOL 

I received the serpa wrap from CIJ yesterday. They had it squeezed into a box in the shape of a cube. Honestly, I really don't know how they decide to pack anything. It's well made and nice. I'm pleased with it and especially the price I paid. It will be great for when I have the dogs on the patio during winter.

I do have to find 2 outdoor furniture covers soon. It seems to be the year that we're replacing all this utility "stuff". UGH!!!

Have a  good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (THRUSDAY, AUGUST 26)

Fressa--Thank you for starting the thread. It is cooler ;ere also with temps in the high 80s. You certainly have a lot of energy to get the outside and inside work done. I am glad that you like the wrap despite the way it was shipped.

I see that the Sketchers TSV that was in process with an estimated delivery date is now advanced order. I have this urge to cancel since that link is also available again.

I applied weed killer this morning as they have thrived with all the rain.I have 3 boxes of items ready for donation. Netflix has an excellent program on motivation to declutter and a 30 day challenge. Basically on Day1, you select one item to go; on the 2nd day, 2 items are selected. The challenge is at the end of the documentary of 2 individuals who changed their lifestyles in a positive manner when choosing to live more minimally. Do a search for Minimal as I don't recall the exact title.
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad your neighbor is finally having the dead trees removed, and your weather is cooler.  Good you like the CIJ wrap despite the packaging.

Hi Jean.  Good work on the decluttering.  There are lots of weeds around here as well.  I have been doing some spraying, but I need to cut out/dig out some in the alley behind my house.  Given the excessive heat warnings here (temperatures over 100), I didn't work on that yesterday or today.  Hopefully, I can get back to it on the weekend or next week.  The delays in receiving the Sketchers sounds very frustrating.

I did my grocery shopping this morning -- fortunately, I didn't need much since I had a Walmart pick-up yesterday.  Most people were back to wearing masks, thank goodness.  I will be leaving to do my hospice supply deliveries soon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope Francis is doing okay, Bernie.

Hugs,

Linda 

Honored Contributor

@Fressa  The rain and lightening is going to stimulate the plants on your property for sure.  It's good that your neighbor is cutting down the dead trees because sooner or later a storm is going to take them down.  I'll probably do some light grocery shopping tomorrow too.  The Q is so crazy about how they package things I was kind of scared when I ordered that American West necklace earlier in the month.  Lucky for me they shipped it in nice boxes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Yea Jean @KonaKat  that's the down side of lots of rain, it gets the weeds going.  It sounds like you are making great progress decluttering.

Honored Contributor

I hope that I see more masks in use when I do the grocery shopping tomorrow Linda @LindaLatte  I don't need too many things from the store so the goal is to head over early and get in and out Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

KomKat---The declutttering plan you mention has my attention. I may try to incorporate that in with my "toss out on laundry day sort". Lately...I have been decluttering the tops of all the end tables, occasional tables, little stands, etc. A few items were repurposed but I did manage to toss more than I thought. The urge to see more "surface space"  help me toss items. Thanks for the idea.