Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THANKSGIVING DAY)

Greetings, shopping friends. I would like to take this opportunity to wish each of you a great Thanksgiving Day. Regardless of our individual situation, we still can find many things for which to be thankful...a process that should continue throughout the year.

I'm one of those who likes the SG TSV but I already have my Winter coat which I like very much, the Dennis Basso which I purchased on clearance at a great savings. It also helped that the reviews were great on a tried and true coat.

I have no idea what I might be doing today. It is snowing right now and the fact that I had my Thanksgiving dinner yesterday makes me think this will be a good day to stay inside. I did get an email that my Black Friday order from Body Works had shipped. I also received an email promoting the L'Occitaine deals for Friday. Time will tell.

Have a great day!

/></p> <p> </p>

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (THANKSGIVING DAY)

Jean, wishing you & all of our other posters & readers a pleasant day. I hope your snow amounts are minimal today. I am sure that the DB coat is a really nice bargain for you & will gets lots of wear this winter. I always try to remember the simple things in my life. One day at a time keeps my somewhat humble.

Linda R, Where in WI did your dad live? We are about 45 miles S. of Madison. Prayers for your friend dealing with BC.

Susan. Yes, you can join us on our cheese factory tour. We used to have 100 cheese factories in our county, but we are now down to about a dozen. It seems like I need to go to 3 factories for 3 different things nowadays.

LL, I haven't baked that much for a long long time as we are both on SF diets. I just wanted to do a little extra for our company.

I am the first one up. The coffee is on & pancakes will be soon on the griddle. Our Niece & her DH & DC arrived around 11:00 p.m. last night. They got caught in snow when they were leaving the St. Louis area, but after that the coast was clear. My mom will be joining us for lunch so that will be nice.

It will be very cold tomorrow--teens for highs, but hopefully not snowy or icy.

Update on mom's eyes. In all of my excitement, I forgot to say that when we took her to the eye clinic on Tuesday, the Dr. said she can discontinue 3 of the eye drops & just use the prednesone in her left eye twice a day. YEAH! The right eye pressure is still very high so the Dr. added another eye drop to help it along. Still only 2 drops twice a day.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--It sounds as if you have a fabulous day ahead. It is great news that your mother can discontinue many of the drops. You have much for which to be thankful and each day brings us some blessing if we take time to look for it.

I do both Bath and Body Works and Body Shop, and I just noticed in my post that I created a new store Body Works. What I ordered came from the Body Shop. I also have the L'Occitaine email with code to arrive tomorrow. I have not done its Black Friday sale, but time will tell.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Good morning ladies! I am very thankful for my friends here, and the ones that I "met" here and no longer come around. I just baked the pies and am slowly puttering around cleaning up and starting some of the sides. It's pretty low key, and where we would always eat at 1 this year has been moved to 6pm and I'm liking the change.

Jean I'm glad you are enjoying the Body Shop deals!! I have not planned to do black Friday this year but already I am anxious to get out and get a couple things - ideas for girls gifts. I do have a cart ready at Kohl's as well. Smiley Happy

Twinny I wish I could come have one of those pancakes, and I am glad you have company today. I know you will enjoy them! Both DD's are headed home tonight, one with her Sweetie, and we also have a friend coming.

It's been a long time since I have had DH so many days in a row!! So I am enjoying it.

Trusted Contributor

happy Thanksgiving everyone....busy running around..we will be eating around 2-3. Hope everyone has a nice day.

. sorry about your GF Susan.....hope your pinched nerve is doing better. Jean thanks for the heads up about VB website sale.....I ordered 2 gifts! Twinny happy to hear about your moms eye drop reduction. Prayers for your mom Karen and also for your friends LindaR. have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, enjoy the VA purchases. I know you will enjoy gifting them but possibly you might be tempted to gift yourself. ?

Kathleen, my only Black Friday not online was an expedition to Kohls when ours first opened. People packed the place and the sales were great but I decided then that online was the way to go.

Some friends and I went to the Senior Citizen Center for Thanksgiving Dinner. This was the first time I had done this. The place was packed with people from a wide range of social and economic backgrounds. I think this will be a future practice for me.

Respected Contributor

Jean last time I went to Kohl's on Black Friday it was a first (early) stop and the line to check out was all around to the back of the store on both sides! I used to love going with the girls, still would like to, but I have plenty of clothes and can't find anything despite my 40% off and 50% off at my 2 faves. Really not needing clothes. I came home from Vegas to 2 dresses, one was a keeper - exactly like my Vegas dress but it is a fit and flare. The other dress went back already.

While at Sam's with DD I located a chair that she loves and is "her". We will likely go back and get it as soon as I can. I am ordering a second DB blanket for my brother. Just a handful of things for girls and I will be done. I got a handful of little things for Mom this year, even though we draw names and I did not get hers.

The house is slowly looking festive!! Though not dirty, it is getting cleaner as well. I put the turkey "roast" (boneless) in the crock pot and will do the ham in the oven. Not much to do right now but snuggle with Beloved.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! So happy you enjoyed the Thanksgiving dinner at the senior center Jean. As one who serves the seniors, it makes me very happy when the participants seem to enjoy their lunch as they did yesterday. Our senior center is closed today and tomorrow, but there was a big Salvation Army lunch and lunch at the church. I may investigate one of those for next year.

As it is, we have finished our Thanksgiving meal, except for the pumpkin pie which I decided to have later. I don't think either of us was ready for it after the larger than normal meal. We had turkey, sweet potatoes, asparagus, cranberry sauce, homemade rolls, and that was plenty. I finally figured out that neither of us were that crazy about stuffing. And, there is certainly no need to make a variety of potatoes and other sides for two people who don't have huge appetites.

Hope you have a wonderful time with your niece, etc. today twinny. Sounds good about your Mom's eyes. Glad some progress in the eyedrop department.

Happy you were able to get some good deals on the VB gifts Marijane, and hope your dinner was nice.

Glad you are enjoying your time with your DH Kathleen, and enjoy the time with your girls and friends as well. Good news about your gift shopping. Nice that you are almost done already.

Waves to Arlene, Susan, LindaR, Karen, Gayle, Rosa, and all of our posters and readers. Like Kathleeen, I am grateful for all of you.

I started doing a bit of Christmas decorating, but I need to get some more things from the storage room before I do much more. Wonder if they are open today?

DD was about to have dinner when I called there. Hopefully, it went well. But, they had a nasty surprise -- my SIL's half of the clothes closet fell down -- the shelves, etc. actually came out of the wall. I asked, and he doesn't have that many clothes or anything. In any case, they will probably be going to Home Depot to buy a closet organizer soon. It is always something. Also, college DGS was pretty sick all night, but he seems better today, thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a nice evening, and those of you who brave the stores for special sales don't have too many problems.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. Not to rub it in or anything, but it is already in the 70's here. Very nice and warm!