Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Saturday)

Good Morning Ladies! I figured I would start the thread today rather than be one of the last people to post.

Nothing exciting to report -- usual laundry and financial stuff planned today along with a walk. I saw on FB that Jean didn't sleep well last night, and I am in the same position. Hope both of us make it through the day with no problems. Also saw pictures of Kathleen with her group at dinner -- looked like everyone was having fun.

I decided I need a handheld vacuum to get the dust in places where my upright doesn't reach (and the car) and ordered it through Amazon. I guess you could consider it a "want" purchase, but I felt it was more of a need since I'm having great difficulty reaching places behind the bed, etc.

Our weather is warm and sunny, and I wish those of you in the cold zone are having a day of relief. If not, hope you are staying warm and safe.

Waves to Jean, Twinny, LindaR, Kathleen, Nancy, Jules, Marijane, Rosa, Gayle, Susan, Karen, Sonya, Val, Kathy, Arlene, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (Saturday)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

LindaL - Thank you for starting us today, sorry you did not sleep well, hope you make it thru the day okay. I am looking for a hand held also, I liked the TSV from last week, put it on my wishlist, I wanted to see what the reviews were before I purchased. I have a small hand held I use on the steps, but it doesn't reach far enough for tight spots and I liked the TSV for the car also. I am in no hurry to get it, but once I get my Q Card paid down from the easy pays I may get it.

I may have to get a walk in today, we have sun (but very windy) and it is supposed to hit around 50 (we are talking a heat wave here). Unfortunately, we will be near freezing next week. So I will make hay while the sun shines here. At least by this afternoon I can get out and clean up the yard from the dog. I know you are all so jealous of my exciting plans.

Well off to get some caffeine and get moving, have a good afternoon everyone.

Respected Contributor

Very windy here also.

We are expecting another polar blast to nip us next week! Argh. I had to find some shorts last week---washed all my washable jackets/coats. I haven't put them away as of yet. Easter is rather a benchmark for our weather---according to my Dad.

I was mindlessly watching Carolyn Pollack yesterday-=--I thought there was a lovely piece. Fortuately by the time I got on the computer I had realized I DIDN'T need it---but I could also use a vac. Ladies share your thoughts.

Esteemed Contributor

LL, We had two days in the 40's (Tuesday & Weds) Now it is cold here but not as windy. The 50 mph winds started Thursday afternoon & didn't subside until last night. I couldn't sleep good Thursday night as it sounded like we were in a whirlwind. Yesterday it was still very windy and bitterly cold. We did get a few groceries then hunkered up. They are saying minus temps starting tomorrow and at least until the beginning of March. That I didn't want to hear after an already cold snowy winter. Today it is sunny, so that does feel good in the house, but that is why it is so bitter cold outside this time of year. Cloudy days are always much warmer. I did buy a small canister vac last month. I don't like the handheld one that we have. For me it seems heavy. My DH does all of the vacuuming in the house, but I do vacuum the crossover when the weather warms up. Right now we have so much snow, that grass will be a dream for quite a while yet. DH & I did get away on Weds. for the day. I did some bargain shopping as I bought a nice top at JCP for $4.97. It has 3/4 sleeves and v neck with a few sparkles, but not too much. The other top came from Kohl's for $4.44 and it has a nice u neck (not low either), also with 3/4 sleeves. Then I got a nice cardigan for $7.99, that will be good for spring/fall as it has a nice hood. These were the first clothing purchases I have made since last Sept. when I had fun at the QVC outlet store in PA.

PaLady, good job on getting that Q car paid off. Have fun on your walk. I will be happy to be able to just go outside and sit in a nice lawn chair. We do enjoy our hot tub almost every day though it has been cold . We didn't go into it on Thursday as it was rainy/sleet/snowy all day. It makes our old bones feel so good and we really do miss it when we don't go into it for a day or two.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

kittyfan, It must be windy everywhere right now. Now we are in for a very long stretch of minus temps. Spring cannot come too soon for me this year. I don't usually mind winter, as it never lasts this long & I hate hot weather. Time to fix lunch and maybe take a nap this afternoon. The sun will be shining into our bedroom and that makes me sleep like a baby. Good thing as my sleep at night is not good.

Esteemed Contributor

Good afternoon, everyone! It is a beautiful sunny day but supposedly the deep freeze will soon return. It would have been a good day to get out and about to enjoy the sun but I didn't feel well.

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I consider a handheld vacuum a need rather than a want. I reach for one more than I do a regular vac. They are great for tight areas as well as for quick pick ups. Continue to enjoy your beautiful sunshine.

Susan--I also saw that TSV and have it and another one on my wish list. Waiting until the easy pays are paid is a good move. Who knows? There may be a better product featured later. I have a Black and Decker that works very well.

LindaR--I can remember snow on Easter and I can remember snow on my birthday in April. True that is rare but it does happen. The Carolyn Pollack item was nice but the vac is more useful.

Twinny--You got some great bargains at JCP and Kohls. We finally got rid of our snow as a result of the temperatures and sunshine. You are so correct; Spring can't come too soon.

I'm just now getting around to eating the first meal for the day. I just didn't feel like eating earlier and went to bed to read. I managed to get in 3 hours of sleep today after last night's sleeplessness because of pain. Hopefully it won't keep me from sleeping tonight.

I see Philosophy is being featured. I do believe I will pass. I'm not buying any cosmetic or facial product until I'm nearing the end.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Argh: Lost my post.

Twinny: Sounds like some nice pieces.

Jean: Oh a restless night due to pain---not fun. THe models have the Polar Express sweeping down to clip us before heading East.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaR--Hopefully the Polar Express will not be a major problem for you. I've gotten to the point I dread looking at the weather forecast.

Today makes Day 53 of not making any non-essential purchase. I'll just shop my huge inventory of things. I live in an area where casual is the norm, so I don't need fancier items. What I have in the casual line seems to wear for a long time as I take good care of them. I could possibly go a year without buying.

I have two pair of Kohls jeans I got on sale with an additional 30% off. I have yet to wear them. When I know those are available, I don't need to buy new ones despite the temptation for something new. I bought some summer items at the summer clearance sale, so they will be waiting for me to wear.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Oh I agree---casual items you can easily buy clearance and do just fine. I can so be tempted into thinking I need new.