Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Saturday, Dec 19)

Hi Everyone!

It's cold but clear with more snow/rain in the forecast. We finally have the snow cleared from the driveway, patio and solar lights and are taking a break. We had the deer sleeping in the front and back last night. It's nice to see them feel safe enough to bed down. I always feel reassured that nothing really "wild" can be running around if they do that. 

I did watch quite a bit of AM Style this morning. I didn't see anything that caught my eye so that's good. I think the delayed shipping gives me pause to remember to stick to the budget. I did watch some jewelry shows but only watched. If I do treat myself then I 'm hoping the little store in my area is still open. It's an "old fashinoned" jewelry store and the owner makes quite a bit of the pieces and can repair anything. I was very impressed and pleased. You don't see many of those places surviving these days.

I'm still taking it easy today and will card shop tomorrow. The hubby has has a cold for a while and is finally feeling much better. He's been putting in some overtime here at home so all of our schedules are really off cycle. At least there isn't any early drive to the office in the am so that helps recoup from those changes. 

I may make one last run to the grocery store in the middle of the week. I did forget all about dessert for Christmas. My emergency back up plan is to bake cookies. Not fancy but still tasty. It will depend on how many days it takes me to wrap gifts, clean the house, etc. I am really going to try to pace myself. LOL

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (Saturday, Dec 19)

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad you were able to clear the snow, and feel the deer are safe. 

I didn't watch much of AM Style, and I didn't find anything that called my name (thank goodness).  I was a bit interested in the TSV since I take so many different supplements (some from Andrew Lessman).  But, when I checked the ingredients this one would only take the place of one of them.  So, I dodged that temptation. 

I know what you mean about delayed shipping.  I'm upset that my DD still has not received a pair of pajamas that I ordered long ago, and were supposed to have been shipped on the December 7th from PA.  My DD lives in Maryland, so they are way past due.  If she has not received them by Monday, I think that I will call and complain.

I think homemade cookies would be a fine Christmas dessert if you are not able to get to the store.  I am considering a brief grocery run next week for a few special items, but that may or may not happen. 

Yesterday, I made pizza for the first time in ages.  I think Glenda(?) makes pizza fairly often, like I used to do.  But, in recent years (living alone), I have usually just purchased frozen pizza from the store.  That stopped when I was watching my cholesterol/fat intake and read the labels.  Anyway, I was missing pizza, and decided to go ahead and make it to go with the lentil soup had had defrosted.  I was very happy with the meal which will be repeated tonight.  That is another thing about living/eating alone -- I almost always have "repeat" dinners -- normally at least two times.

While I took time to make the pizza, I thought I really could be cleaning and/or de-cluttering.  But, I figured that could always wait for another day.  LOL 

Nothing exciting planned here. I decided to close out one bank account and transfer the money to another at the same bank, and they were extremely nice and efficient handling that request.  And, I found that there will be a Tai Chi zoom class (just one time) next Tuesday that I put on my calendar.  I have been wanting to try Tai Chi, so this may help me decide whether it is for me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I hope everyone has a nice Saturday and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda  

ETA -- I decided not to wait until Monday.  QVC Customer Service said that they will credit my account.  Who knows where those PJ's ended up?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Fressa and Linda and all who follow today.  There's not much going on around here.  We ended up with a light snow that melted off streets and sidewalks fairly quickly.  I only shovelled the patio the day after because the birds and squirrels eat early and I didn't want them to run around in snow looking for the food.

I'm awaiting 3 deliveries.  Eagle Pharmacy, where I buy my brand name Synthroid was bought out by another pharmacy in August (I think).  I received notification in October that the Synthroid Direct program was changing to Synthroid Delivers.  For whatever reason, my re-order experience has been complicated ever since the first year.  By complicated I mean the website has been a hot mess and the refills have been accommodated via phone call.  In October I was advised by Amara, the same rep I get every time, to renew in December and then sign up for the new Synthroid Delivers since prices will go up after enrollment in that new program.

I take one pill a day, two on Sundays so my 90 quanity is 104 pills.  I've been paying $75.11 every 90 days and the price is going up to $86 and some cents.  Considering how much more expensive brand name Synthroid is at brick and mortar pharmacies, I'm still saving.

Amara was surprised when I asked how her grandmother was doing.  She mentioned in October that her grandmother had a couple of strokes and that it rocked the family as grandma is the matriarch.  Grandma is still hanging in there and going to physical therapy Heart

So once I knew that refill was shipped I enrolled in the new program.  Wow, that website is as jacked up as the original, just looks different Woman Very Happy

The mortar repair from home depot is on it's way and I'll be glad to start the stockpile of it.  

I placed an order directly with Oneida/Anchor Hocking last Sunday.  I bought one of these canisters at Meijer's a few years back and was never able to find them again.  Anchor Hocking had a set of 4 for $39.99 and I saved 20% which offset the S/H since I didn't want enough items to qualify for free S/H.

4 Piece Stainless Steel Clamp Canister Set with Clear Lid

Other than that, I haven't been too tempted to shop.  I read that JCP is closing another 15 stores by March 2021.  I wondered if I was getting ready to witness another Kmart/Sears experience with stores closing little by little.

As a 40 year shopper with JCP I noticed some things this fall/winter.  I don't know if the pandemic or the bunkruptcy re-org impacted the inventory or what.  Short of one quilted jacket that I consider transitional, JCP had no tall ladies coats this year.  Their winter accessories were limited and their current inventory of tall ladies clothing is small - like 240 items.

My St John's Bay tees have not been restocked so all I can do is watch and wait.  I guess this alone is motivation to watch my weight so that I don't need new clothes any time soon.

That could be tricky since my sister dropped off 7 tins (large tins) of different varieties of Christmas cookies this morning.  Lord Have Mercy, the baker in the family is back with a vengeance Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Greetings, everyone. I did watch about an hour of AM Style and then went to the city for the WalMart grocery pickup at Noon. It was very busy and the workers earned their money going roundtrip from store to vehicle to store and then back to another car without resting. I just know that I am super tired from bringing a trunk load of groceries into the house, so I couldn't do that job. The bed and Kindle are calling.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.