Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 5)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a rainy day here but with no Labor Day celebrations locally that is not a major concern. Our positivity rate for Covid continues to increase which is a contrast to the low rate experienced during the past year.

I have no shopping plans. My Skechers TSV have actually shipped. I don't know of anything I need right now, so shopping the closet will be my focus as I continue to declutter in all areas of the house and garage.

I did watch part of the Q this morning. My cable company restored QVC and HSN yesterday. Apparently they had not read the memo that broadcasting for the Q and HSN would be on a different signal, but it didn't take long for them to change to the new signal.

I do have an orthopaedic appointment on Thursday. In my decluttering, I ran across a report of an MRI I had done on my right shoulder 12 years ago. Since the problem has surfaced again, I'm take the report with me to the appointment as it is a different orthopedic group.

Glenda--I am with you in doing just the small tasks in the house. At 79, it is very demanding on me at times. I do adwmire Fressa's tenacity and abiliy to do what she does. i remember doing that at one time.

Bernie--I do hope Frances continues to improve. How is your back after spending the night on the floor? I wouldn't be able to get up easily.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 5)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are having the orthopaedic appointment this week, and I hope they can help with your shoulder pain.  Good that the Sketchers are finally on their way -- hope they are keepers.

Given the shipping times here, I have decided no more purchases from the Q until after my trip, unless the trip is canceled.  I certainly don't need any more clothing or shoes in any case, and other items are easier for me to resist.  Also, some are available from Amazon that is much more reliable about shipping.  My Dyna Trap plug in is scheduled to arrive from Amazon next week.

Like you, I admire Fressa's efforts on the home front.  Not sure that I ever did that much at home, despite being pretty high energy much of my life.  Cooking, exercising, and many other tasks have been more my thing.  I have noticed my energy level has decreased with age.

Hope Francis is doing okay, and you are as well, Bernie.  I have slept on the floor a few times, but I sure didn't get much if any sleep.  Impossible to get comfortable.  By the way, the bird nesting on the beam of my front porch is still there.  So, I think babies will be okay (unlike several other birds who built their nests on thinner beams, etc. on my house.)  

It is pretty warm/hot here -- slight chance of rain later, but I'm not counting on it.  On-line church was good, and my walk went okay.  Next up is a visit to the gym and perhaps the ATM after then.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean @KonaKat  you and many others on this thread are doing so well decluttering.  I'm sure once I feel confident that Francis has really, really turned the corner I'll get back at it.  On the bright side I've been too busy to add anything.

I knew enough to move ever so slowly when I got up off the floor yesterday morning.  I didn't scoot anything out of the way (I'm an idiot) so I was trying to find a place among the filing cabinet, desk and rolling chair.  Didn't want to crowd the bird, lol.  Once I got moving I worked the creaks out.  I'm happy to report things are calmer here and I didn't sleep on the floor last night.

They had Francis on an NSAID 2x a time and one of the side effects is lower appetite.  Lower appetite was equalling lower water intake which was equalling by baby's tongue or inside of his mouth was not the pretty pink I am used to.  i wouldn't say blue or gray, just not a healthy pink.    No food or water plus this NSAID can end in kidney issues.

I skipped both doses of NSAID yesterday and this morning and he's eating and drinking like a champ.  He's still getting the antibiotic.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  the last thing I bought from the Q was an American West necklace.  Looks like that was offered at a good time because I'm reading threads left and right about slow order fulfillment since I bought and received my necklace.   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

I'm running slow today. I haven't been feeling well but this is the beginning of Fall and that is my worse season for some of my illness. At any rate, it could always be worse so I just slow it down a bit unti; everything settles.

Our lamppost lit last night so we were happy. What a project. We thought this would a medium on the scale but it turned into a challenge. It looks so pretty so we are glad to check one more thing off the list.

The only item that caught my eye this weekend was that spinner mop. LOL What's up with that?  I must have a migraine that nothing shiny caught my eye. After researching all brands at many stores I have decided to stick to my duster mop with a mircrofiber pad stuck on the bottom. Sometimes the old, simple methods are the best. 

Today we have rain but so far it's manageable. Tomorrow I will place the last oft the solar lights outside. I moved a few things around and tried to tidy up the front porch area yesterday afternoon. I broke one of the fairy lights. I think it's a poor design to have them on a shepherds hook. They look nice but I think the hook could be a bit more beefy to hold the lantern. Fortunately, it was the light that wasn't working correctly so I consider that a lucky break.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

KomKat-- I hope you like your Sketchers as much as I do when they finally arrive. They really fit my foot which is a nice plus.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---Glad that both you and Francis made it thru and seem to doing okay. I will continue to keep you both in my thougts and prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---It sounds like you are having another heat wave. I don't know how you adjust to those temps but I know most people seem to like the warm rather than the cold. 

I switched the flower display around on the front porch and already had a bird checking out the planter. They've been picking at the garden wreath and trying to pull the raffia and faux veggies off the grapevine. It's looking pretty sad by now but I'm going to let it be until  I put the pumpkin wreath on the door. 

Hope the DynaTrap plug works well for you. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised and pleased to have received one of my Q orders today!   I have had other orders delayed, and even one that has moved from due a few days ago, to delayed, to further delayed, and now backordered.  But, the Kim Gravel jean TSV came today!  I had pre-ordered them, but just a couple of days early.  Even better, they are keepers.  Still not planning on placing any other orders, but....

I am like you Fressa -- always looking at new cleaning items, tools, etc.  Trying to hold off since most of the time, what I have works just as well.

Glad things seem to be going better, Bernie.