Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT 24)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day. I'll be off to the city in a few minutes to meet my niece and a friend to finalize plans for the destination change we made for the ticket we had to Puerto Rico in November.

Although they waived the ticket change fee, w had to pay the difference in fares. As a result, this new destination will be a couple of days shorter to keep the fare about the same as what we paid for Puerto Rico. I love airline fares. Depending upon day of travel, the fare could be as low as $495 and as high as $1100.

I was so happy to get this ticket thing changed that I fell to tempation when I turned on the Q that evening and saw a pair of Earth shoes presented that looked so comfy. I didn't need them but since I had gone all month without a purchase since the month's beginning, I ordered them as they were an OTO and greatly reduced.

Many of us are facing challenges in some form. Prayers and best wishes are with you.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT 24)

Jean @KonaKat, you know I'm a shoe freak.  You can't say you ordered a pair of shoes and not give me any more detail than that, lol.

I did the lawn yesterday and I'm not complaining (since I swore I wouldn't) however I think I got a touch of heat stroke.  

I'm fine today and am thinking about the errands I need to run.  Might make a trip to the recycling center, need to fill the gas tank in my car and maybe a grocery store run.

Glad you have alternative trip arrangements.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hot here again today. Went grocery shopping, got gas and stopped for bagels. Now I wish this was me,

Image result for sunday chores funny quotes images

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that you have alternative travel plans.  Seattle is on our to do list.  What color are your new shoes?  I just bought a pair of grey boots.  I have never had grey boots so it will be fun.

Bird Mama, it is another 90° day.  Our lawn is very brown from lack of rain, but my tomatoes are loving the heat.  I will be hibernating in the A/C this afternoon.

Meallen, it is another 90° day.  FALL, where are you?  I am ready for boots & fleece jackets.

I just got an email from our dd.  She said that she was so pooped last night that she slept in Christopher's room from midnight-7:00 this morning & didn't know that he had to get up twice in the night.  She said that she needs a shower because she hasn't been home since Friday night.  

Chris can't go home until tomorrow.  He is on crutches  already, but still has a lot of pain.

Our son called last night to see how we were doing.  Our dd told me to tell him the news.  He said that Chris had a bad surgery, would be on crutches for 4-6 weeks & need PT for quite a while.  

Our dd is an RN & said that she is fully able to take care of Chris when he comes home, since they live in a ranch style home.  I have a walker here & I could lend her my shower bench if things go from bad to worse.

School will be tricky, but he can do a lot of it online.

I got up early & hung laundry out, but I am all caught up.

I am having a lazy day.  It is beautiful & sunny today, but very hot.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Aftenoon/Evening!  I made it back to Albuquerque this afternoon.  There are a few others staying at the hotel (where we started our tour), and one lady and I took advantage of our free time to walk down to "Old Town", go to lunch, the historic church, museum, and had lunch.  Lots of fun.  We made dinner reservations at a winery restaurant.

Good to have a chance to get out and walk.  It was chilly in the morning, but it is nice here (low 70's) and sunny.  The weather has been great on the trip.  Sorry several of you are suffering with the very high heat at this time of the year.  I checked, and it looks like the temperatures at home will be cooler than usual (highs in the 80's), but then I saw they are predicting 100 plus temperatures next week.  

Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you and your niece will be able to have a trip, and I think you will like Seattle.  Hope you like the shoes.  I don't think I have purchased that brand, but some of their shoes look good to me.

I forgot to thank Charlene for letting me know her success with using anti-seizure drugs. DH's caregiver said he seems a little weak, but he had breakfast and was resting comfortably.  He also told me to enjoy myself, and they would take good care of him.  That was nice.

Sorry you got so hot doing the lawn, Bernie.  Pretty bad when you need a helmet to avoid flying walnuts.

Cute graphic, meallen.

I'm so sorry about your GS, twinny.  It is great that he will be able to do some of his school work on the computer.  But, the long rehab, etc. will be very tough on him.  I can't believe it is still so hot there.  Keep that AC humming.

I think I will do a little more exploring on my own soon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers and have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda