Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 20)

Greetings, shopping friends. Fall is definitely here, despite the date on the calendar. The furnance is keeping the house at a comfy 70 degrees. 

I did get my Earth boots that were on clearance. They were very nice but they were too big. Back they go! I ordered my usual size based upon reviews but such is my luck.

Right now, my FitBit may need replaced. I currently have a Charge 3. I've looked at the Versa 2 and 3 as well as the Charge 4. I don't know that I need all the extras that come with the Versa but it is a nice looking smart watch.

I binge-watched Ratcheted on Netflix yesterday. It is an excellent backstory to tell what lead Ratchet to be the kind of person and nurse she was in One Flew Over the Cuckcoo's Nest. 

I went to check my Wish List because of the special deals today. Said Wish List has disappeared again. I guess the search function still works.

I hope each and everyone of you has a great day. Diversity is good, so I encourage each of you who read to jump in and post.

If you shop, shop wisely...and, if you venture out, do so safely!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 20)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean. Sorry your weather is much colder than you would like. Our high is supposed to be 96 degrees here today.  And, I think that the rest of the week is supposed to be this hot or hotter with little if any chance of rain.  It may even hit 100 degrees later in the week.  It wasn't too cool on my walk this morning, but it was okay (clouds helped).

My wishlist is still there, and I have checked it several times.  So far, I am staying strong, but no S&H is a big motivator for me especially if something is already on sale.  Sorry the boots didn't work out for you.  I find ordering shoes on-line to be very hit or miss, regardless of what others say about the fit.  That is why I usually confine my shoe purchases to Amazon so there is free shipping and handling both ways.  

I received a short e-mail from Bev this morning, which makes me hopeful that she is not in too much pain.  I did ask her the question.  I also asked if she will be discharged or just stay there waiting for the next surgery.

Nothing exciting planned for today -- virtual church and a Leslie Sansone DVD, plus some cooking and ironing.  I may go to Starbucks drive-through because I noticed some donation boxes for clothes and shoes nearby.  Really trying to reduce the pile of donations sitting in my "Arizona" room.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cool and sunny. YIPPEE!!!  The furnace needs to be on in the evenings so I think I have found the temp that works for us and the dogs. LOL I finally gave in and pulled the drapes back into the bishop sleeve swag to keep them away from the baseboard heaters. I told myself that I'm only "fussing" with them one more time and then that seasonal job is done. I'm thinking I might put the pumpkins and guords in the wagon on the porch today. I don't think I'll do more than that with the Fall decor for today.

We dug up tha hornet/wasp hive yesterday morning. It is finally gone. I have my fingers crossed that they return to the woods for their hives. I'm hooked on that Holmes program and after I saw the episode with the hive in the attic it really got to me. I swear...you are never done with home projects or maintainence.

I still have roses blooming. Frankly, I'm surprised but pleased. We have a temporary fix in place for the side steps and side walkway until we can repair it fully. 

It's free shipping day but I'm trying to refrain from any further purchases. I think free shipping is a better deal than easy pay. I started not to use the easy pay feature and already I can see a difference with my budgeting. Thanks for the idea. 

The dogs need a bath but I think that will be postponed until next weekend. Our female GSD has her foot bandaged again. We thought that maybe she's stepping on the boot rack so I've relocated that to another spot. I put a rug in it's place. It's a process of elimination but she's improving and without extra prescriptions. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to mention that I'm happy with my Versa 2, and it is nice looking (with a big enough face to read even without glasses), but I find it too heavy to wear when sleeping.  Not sure if that would be an issue for you, Jean.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I haven't checked my Wish List since this morning, but unless the item had a big shipping fee, the current promotion would not entice me to shop today unless it was for a FitBit. I've read the reviews at the Q and also at Amazon; they are polar opposites. Is that because at Amazon, the lovers of an item rarely forget to post a review but at the Q, those who dislike it are the ones who post most often? Your comment about the Versa would be a problem as the features I really like are t he heart rate and sleep reports.

Fressa--You are in a Fall mood with the decorations. Yes, it has been nippy enough to turn on the furnance for the evenings. Good job on not being enticed to shop today.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's a beautiful sunny 60's fall day.  I went for my walk & enjoyed the moped ride downtown.  There were several out of towners taking pictures of our beautiful court house & enjoying outdoors dining.  This would have been our big 3 day celebration weekend with a houseful of company.

Fressa, I am a fall/winter gal, so I did fall decorating a few weeks ago.  The leaves are just starting to turn colors.  We are hoping to be able to go on a couple of day trips.

Linda L,  it looks like you are having another busy day.  I iron mostly right before we go on vacation or when I am sewing a new project.  Neither are happening right now.

Yesterday, I made a yummy cranberry -apple crumble.  It heated up the house at same time.  This morning I steam mopped the floors and then my DH went for a drive thru lunch.  We just got out of the hot tub.

I am starting to "wind down" , so I am glad that my infusion is tomorrow morning.  My DH can't go in with me, so I am glad that it's going to be in the 70's.  When I get done, we are going for a drive thru lunch somewhere & then we are going to do a little bit of shopping.  I want to go to Home Good's, Jo Ann Fabrics & maybe Kohl's.

I am happy to report that Christopher is on the mend as well as his roommates from the nasty Covid 19.  Thank goodness none of us had been near him.  

My bff's DH has his wrist surgery on Wednesday,  so I hope it goes well for both of them.  So many decisions need to be made in the near future.  

I am just having a nice lazy day with a good book that my friend gave to me.  On Thursday, I have a dental appointment.  "The light is at the end of the tunnel."

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, not much going on here.  Weather if very autumnal and I am starting to see some trees change color in the neighborhood (from my upstairs window).

Glenda @twinny70  I'm glad that Christopher is doing okay. Am I cracking up or did you mention your husband got stung by a bug?  How's he doing.

I continue to pray for Bev as she recovers from her surgery Linda @LindaLatte 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Glenda--That cranberry-apple crumble just made me hungry. You really make some tasty items. The hot tub is a great way to relax and prepare for the infusion tomorrow. Enjoy your shopping afterwards. It is great that Christopher is on the mend from COVID. It affects people in so many different ways, but it is good that you were not close to him. It is also great that you are nearing what we hope is the end to the cluster of medical appointments.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, my DH got stung by a wasp.  He took down the last three things on my clothesline & it was in a pair of my long pants.  He was coming up the basement steps when he got stung.  It was 6:30 at night and of course he didn't tell me until 3:30 a.m.  the next day.  Yesterday, it was swollen, but it's a bit better today.

Jean, I forgot to say that it's too bad the boots are too big.  

Esteemed Contributor

Very happy to hear about Christopher, Glenda.  I was hoping his youth would be a positive factor.  Good idea to take it easy before your infusion.

I am not sure if the Versa's weight would be a problem for you, Jean.  Sometimes I am like the princess in the story of Princess and the Pea.  Any little thing can set me off and make sleep impossible.  I purchased mine from Amazon, and I didn't do a review.  So, maybe your theory is correct.

Just got off the phone with Bev.  The first surgeon made a mess of things according to the second surgeon.  In the middle of her surgery, he called her son and said that he could try to do the surgery as planned, but if it were his mother, he would not do so.  They ended up taking some of the fluid to the lab.  If there is no cancer, they will try to do regular surgery (not laparoscopic  surgery) on Wednesday or so.  If they find cancer cells, she will need to have some chemo before the next surgery.  She is in very good spirits, but most unhappy with the first surgeon.  

Sleep well everyone!