Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a nice sunny day right now but rain is expected to move in late this afternoon and be with us for the next two days. Tomorrow, I go to the Ambulatory Surgical Center in the adjoining state for my cystoscopy.  I prefer having it done there instead of the hospital in state just across the river. It is more personal.

I'm watchig Netflix right now and I wish I could say that it prevented shopping. Instead, I ventured to Amazon where I purchased Ciao Churu Lickable Puree Creamy Cat Treat 5 Flavor Variety Pack. Midnight loves these things but they are not cheap, so he gets one tube a week in addition to his other treats. 

I also got a Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Sport Two-Tone Watch at a price far cheaper than what I saw in the jewelry store. I've decided after replacing batteries several times in my aging watch that I would try the solar approach with rechargeable batteries.

I missed out on the Fashion event but I didn't really need anything and there will always be some fashions offered. 

I hope each and everyone has a good day and if there is some rain in your life, try to focus upon the positives. Have a great day, and if you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 16)

Off to read, and then after a couple of hours, I  hoe to find some things to take for donation when I go to the city tomorrow for the procedure. I'm tired so I may not find the enrgy to do that.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat  How are you feeling today?  Does your watch look like this one

Image result for Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Sport Two-Tone Watch amazon

or this one

Image result for Citizen Women's Eco-Drive Sport Two-Tone Watch amazon

I wear this timex and I need to take it to the watch place for a new battery :-)

Image result for timex two tone ladies watch with indiglo

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--It is the top watch. I debated it versus one with a blue face, both highly rated. I really loved the blue face one but I decided the two-tone would work well with various jewelry.It also comes with a 5 year warranty from Citizen. I noticed some of the Citizen watches did not come with a company backed warranty. Instead, a two-year warranty was offered by an Amazon Company.

I have a sterling silver watch which is heavy so I don't wear it often but bring it out at times. The watch I hope to retire is a black ceramic one. It is a pain to change the battery but I have gotten my money's worth of wearing out of it. I do like your watch. I have a hunch I might have to take the new watch to jeweler to have a link or two removed. I can't stand watches that do not fit.

After reading, I ended up shredding some papers and sorting a few things. I organized my work wardrobe by pairing pants and tops on hangers ready for grabbing and going.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  I'm back home after a wonderful trip.  Back to reality where I have to do a lot more than just enjoy myself and eat.  

I like both of your watches Bernie and Jean.  I do not wear a watch any more unless my Fitbit is broken.  

I missed the Fall fashions, and I'm sort of glad since I really, really don't need more clothes or shoes.  And, I didn't spend any money on souvenirs, etc. on my trip -- just a few postcards, and one refrigerator magnet.  Others picked up sweatshirts, jewelry, etc., but I talked myself out of it.

Much to catch up on here, and I am trying not to stress.

Sleep well everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. What a change in the weather, at least temperature.  When I got up on Saturday morning (Lake Tahoe) it was 36 degrees.  When I landed this afternoon, it was 100 degrees.