Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 13)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a rainy day and I am entertaining myself with the Perry Mason movie marathon on Hallmark Movies and Mysteries.

I think many of the series they did in the olden days are classics and so much better than some of the stuff aired now.I had plans to do minor things around the house today, but got caught up in the movie marathon.

Our students are good for another week of on site learning who chose that option rather than 100% virtual. We have no new cases but the State Health Department is conducting free COVID-19 screenings tomorrow in our county. People do not need to have symptoms to be tested, as the purpose is to detect it in people before they become symptomatic or carriers without symptoms.

I checked my order status and see that my Earth boots I got on clearance are still in house. That is fine as I have no immediate need for them.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 13)

Hi Everyone!

Today is a rainy day.  I actually have more roses blooming which was a surprise. Our temps are forecasted to bounce all over the scale this week. UGH!!! 

I'm still nursing my foot with ice packs and epsom soaks.It's improving and that's a good thing. Today I'm not doing much of anything.

I was surprised to see the Christmas special today. I must be "slipping" with my viewing and shopping habits. LOL I think that's a good thing. I did order 1 set of the TSV. I have those candles and they are wonderful. I wanted to complete my windows and have 2 as backups. I searched years for window candles and I don't want to repeat that adventure. 

My hubby did phase 2 of the bee hive removal. He drowned it with hot water &Dawn dish soap. Sprayed with Raid Wasp & Hornet. Now we wait. I think next week will be the digging up and disposal. We want to make sure it's really dead before we do that. I have a hefty bag on stand by. We have problems with in ground bee hives. They just keep moving to a different spot. This year it was against the house foundation which really freaked me out a bit. (I think I watch too many Holmes fix it programs. ha ha!)  You would think with all these trees that the hives would be there. Odd??

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Enjoy your TSV. Your experience with it is a good indicator that you won't be disappointed with this purchase. I have never paid much attention to bee hives but had not considered them being in the ground.

I am working on my Walmart grocery pick up order. When in the local supermarket to pick up a fill in item, I looked at their Progresso soups as I enjoy them. They were only one dollar more a can for the same size can at Walmart. Buying 10 cans at Walmart saves $10 which can go toward something else. This is the only grocery in the county now so those who can't get out to shop are trapped with the local higher prices, and many of these are senior citizens on a limited income.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Wish you and Fressa could send some of that rain out West, but....  It is supposed to make it to 93 degrees here today, but was cool on my walk this morning.  I am enjoying the cooler weather at night and on my walks.  But, I do prefer sun to clouds and hot to cold -- that helps when you live out here in the desert.

I enjoyed virtual church this morning, and have no big plans for the day -- just a Leslie Sansone DVD and a little ironing.  I will have to see if I get the channel with the Perry Mason marathon.  

Interesting about your area.  I saw in the very local paper that school enrollment in the area is down quite a bit.  In fact, 40 percent or more down at a couple of the elementary schools.  One explanation was that many parents don't want to navigate the whole virtual, in-person, or combination options, and are turning to home schooling.  

That is quite a price difference on the soup.  I find some things are like that here -- for example, cereal is much higher at the grocery store than Wal Mart.  Other times, the grocery store has a big sale, and they are much less expensive than Wal Mart.  I am glad that I am able to go to both stores plus Sprouts if I like  instead of being stuck with one.

That is great about the roses blooming, Fressa.  I love roses, and my Dad always took great pride in growing them.  Happy you found the candles you like plus your foot is getting better.  Hope things go well with the bee hive removal. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda