Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 13)

Jean, you hit on something that resonates with me as it relates to cleaning and other people in the house.  I was definitely more particular when my DH was alive. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Here's a quick pic of Grayson in his 'man cave'.  The flash went off and to me he looks like he caught by the paparazzi or something (lol).

005.JPG

The small plush animals are cat toys that came without catnip.  He likes the orange rings off of milk bottles and yes, he has a stuffed pigeon.

I thought he might want something that looked like him so I bought him an plush by the Hansa company last October.  I call her his pigeon wife.  He will drag her around the man cave and leave her there. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all. Hope you have had a really nice weekend, I'm sorry to see it ending, but...Monday must come, and I'm retired, so I know how I'd be feeling if I had to return to work tomorrow morning bright & early, lol.

Thanks for starting the thread today KK. I too am plugging along trying to keep spending to a minimum. An example would be my one Linea purchase, previously I was jumping in for 3-5 or sometimes 6 items. I don't track my purchases, but think it would be a good idea. That may be something I consider starting at the beginning of 2016.

birdmama, kudos to you also for tracking purchases. I much prefer online window shopping to B&M window shopping these days. I love Grayson's "mancave", that is just awesome.

LL, hope your kitchen remodel will be completed soon, nice that the contractor works weekends though, that should speed things up. Reading that you once had a complete list of everything in your closet just reminds me that I really MUST get serious about donating soon. I just have too much that doesn't get worn. I did donate 3 pairs of jeans recently that were all too big for me, 3 different sizes, lol.

twinny, so glad you had fun at the reunion and with your houseguest. The Aldi's here never has most of the specials that are in their flyer such as what you were looking for, they just never reveive them in to begin with. From your busy weekend, I'm sure your nap will be great.

FHG, how nice that you already had your notes for that assignment, so finishing it was quick work. I too was thinking "cookies" today, but don't have any and didn't want to go get any or bake today. Maybe I'll bake some this week also, that won't happen till at least Thursday or Friday though as I have other things going on the first part of the week.

I think that my house is clean enough, I also accomodate my dog, she is a member of the family after all. Some might think it is not up to snuff, but I do clean regularly and feel comfortable in my home. I do prefer working outdoors anytime the weather allows it, and will let dusting slide till a rainy or cold day. I straightened up today, did 2 loads of laundry and mowed about half the yard while hubby was trying again to figure out what happened to the riding mower, he replaced the battery yesterday and now thinks it may be the starter. Made a pot roast for dinner tonight, now just need to clean up the kitchen and I think I am done for today.

Hope everyone has a good evening and great week ahead.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--No necklace. I decided I didn't need it. It has been so long since I cancelled it that I've forgotten what it was like. I had ordered it before I went on this strict budgeting kick just in caseI could't work as much. I already have some not being worn. I used to wear a lot of jewelry and all my fingers would be covered. Those days are long gone.

Twinny--It is great that you enjoyed the reunion. That was quite a turnout for a class of that size. Good memories were shared by all I'm sure.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.