Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, SEPT. 11)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  

Like all of you, I will never forget that day -- 15 years ago.  I had come back from a vacation trip to Arizona, and I was taking the day off to buy a car, among other things.  I remember driving to the bank to get my title so that I could give my "old" car to my SIL, when they came on the radio talking about an accident at the World Trade Center involving a plane.  By the time I had the title in my hands, they said it was not an accident, and the second tower had been hit.  I came home to see the Pentagon being hit on TV.  Since I lived in the DC area, there were lots of planes flying overhead -- not the regular flight pattern or planes.  Very, very frightening to say the least.  DD lived near Camp David at the time, and she saw a lot of activity.

So many things happened after that in the DC area -- "white powder" in envelopes sent to the government (our mail had to go through lots of screening after that), snipers killing innocent people (mostly as gas stations), etc.  And, our building had more security after that day.  Employees on travel rented cars, etc. to get home since planes were not flying, but some were overseas and just had to wait for a while to return.

I remember the first planes allowed to fly out of DC, and my ex was on one of them.  My first trip was at the end of October, and I was a bit uneasy, but it went fine.

Sort of glad it is Sunday today so that there will be extra prayers going up from all the churches.  Don't know if that makes any sense.

Need to get ready for church now, and I plan to go to the gym and visit DH later.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies - A BIG thank you to all of you for your moving stories of that horrid day.  It brings back memories for all of us.

Beautiful pictures from all today!!

I remember the day well.  My DH was in Norfolk, VA, at the base in meetings.  Couldn't reach him for hours.  As a person who hates to fly, he was not about to get on a plane.  They were on lockdown at the base and eventually allowed to leave.  He and his work mates found a car to rent and drove for hours across the country, to get back home.

He had such a sore back, he couldn't walk for days.  

Our children were in school and I was watching the TV, it was unfolding right in front of me.  Had turned the tv on just minutes before it happened, it was an unbelievable sight.  Burned in my mind forever.

Sad for the families that have members that perished.  Happy for the folks that were saved.  In awe of the memorials that have been constructed.

We will stay strong for all!!

A prayer for everyone today, bless this country!!Heart

Ladies -- have a beautiful day.

Trusted Contributor

AND on a much lighter note -- lasso those CCs.Woman LOL