Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT 30)

Good morning, shopping friends. Our above normal temperatures continue, and I am one not complaining. Four years ago at this time, we had two feet of snow. Not complaining, at all!!

After buying the balance board, I decided I needed an item or two that wasn't necessary but a reward for indulgiing in all this exercise. I ordered that IT Cosmetics holiday kit. A280492. I decided it would be a good way to sample the line, use for travel, etc. I also ordered that gift packaging of the Scrub Daddy sponges of 3 packages of 4. I ordered it last year for personal use and have just used the last sponge from that order.

The TSV is a good value but I have two Fires of different sizes as well as a 10.1 inch Android Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 which I've had for 2 or 3 years. Each has its purpose and each works well. The one I carry with me all the time is a 6 inch Fire which takes up little room in a handbag. The other Fire is one of the original ones which I had loaned and took forever to get back It is a backup to the others. I'm an electronics junkie as you can tell.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT 30)

Hello Ladies, thanks for starting Jean, we are having warm temps too..it's 71 right now,not complaining though.  I also remember Sandy four years ago,it left a lot of damage to the east coast and our town...we didn't realize how much since our electric was off for over a week.  One of my DH cousins who lives in Bklyn is still not in her house.which was flooded .. lost just about everything...a lot of red tape still.  I have been looking at the s/v and "thinking" about it.

Nothing else going on here trying to decide what's for dinner!  I still haven't gotten to carve those pumpkins...time is running out.

Have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Sandy caused a lot of problems for the Northeast, far more than our two feet of snow which was unusual for us. As far as the TSV is concerned, it is a good value. I think Amazon is doing another one of its upgrades it does each  year so these tablets, although good, might be one of Amazon's way of making way for the new. The first tablet I got when Amazon first introduced the Fire still works well and is acceptable. I think the price then for just one was over $150.

I'm doing a PTR facial mask while watching Stephen King's "It." How exciting! I also WEN'd my hair. So much for promoting QVC products.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

THanks for the info on the Fire Jean.....I think I am going to hold out for the iPad mini,I had bought the Fire ones last year from Amazon for the kids and myself.   I have the iPad Air now and ..I'd rather the 4-g like I have now to use anywhere I am and not to use public wifi.

I still haven't gotten around to doing anything around here,it is so beautiful out,I also wish it would stay this way till Spring!

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I think we are the only ones at "home" today so despite the great weather we are not out and about. I have a Kindle with the 3g service (years old Kindle) in which Amazon pays for the connection. I rarely use it. I never connect with personal info on public wi-fi. I love the Samsung Galaxy Tab in the 10.1 inch size. I'm not a big user of games, etc.. so I am rarely in the Google store to buy things to download. I have my basic free games for entertainment and some movies and TV shows for travel.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well,

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today.  Hope your weather is better than ours, we have had terrible downpours all day.  Guess I should not complain to much, we do need the moisture, and it is supposed to be very nice for Tick or Treat tomorrow.    Good luck with the balance board, I would do great harm to myself with that.

Marijane -  Glad you are having a good day.  Like you, I am trying to guess what we are having for supper tonight.  Hope you get the pumpkins done today.

Not much going on here today, had a little running around to do and then I just lost interest in the day.  Sitting here in front of the computer and watching TV.  Guess I should hit the freezer and see what is for dinner.

Hope everyone hasna great afternoon.

Trusted Contributor

SUsan it looks like the three of us are just hanging around....it WAS a beautiful day then all of a sudden got very dark and now it's teeming,my dinner was solved,take out Chinese.    Jean I don''t play games on iPad either, I used to get a lot of requests and then found a way to block requests sent to me,I spend enough time on here without playing games as it is.....I'd never get anything done.

Trusted Contributor

Marijane -  We started out at 70 this morning,and then it rained and the temps have dropped to 53 degrees.

Trusted Contributor

Susan our rain let up a little,then it started thundering/lighting and back to teeming now....crazy ,but it's not snow for which I am thankful!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I have not looked at the TSV, but I have a Kindle and an i-pad (older version), so it probably would not be of interest to me.  Someday, I'll probably buy a new/newer i-Pad or tablet.  Definitely not a need.

We are having warmer than normal weather as well, but they are predicting more normal temperatures this week.  I like warm, but I won't be sorry for the highs to be in the 80's rather than the 90's.  I saw on FB that you may have rainy weather on your trip.  Hope that your days are not full or rain -- maybe off and on if it rains at all.  

Hope you enjoy your Chinese takeout, Marijane.  Glad you had some nice weather for a while at least.

We could almost always use some more rain here, Susan.  Glad it won't be raining tomorrow for the trick or treaters.  

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Essie, Gayle, Charlene, meallen, 3suwm5, Karen, Rosa, butterfly, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.

Church was good this morning, and the gym went fine.  I made it in time to feed DH lunch, and he was doing very well.  I'll go back to feed him dinner.  

I have some ironing to do, and I need to pick up some milk, etc. at the grocery store.  Not a very exciting day, but a good one.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda