Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is a beautiful sunny but nippy day. After a day of rest, I am feeling very chipper right now. Let's hope that  lasts.

I'm not buying the TSV as it is too big for my needs and would take up too much counter space. I did, however, buy that set of Sistema soup mugs...2 sets. Those things are great, so I will use some for myself and use others for those small gifts that keep on giving. Trust me, when I say that those I have given in the past were used by those getting them.  These are slightly bigger than the original Sistema soup mugs, so they will work very well.

One of them will hold a can of Progresso Soup or more as an example which makes them useful at work as well as at home. I use them to microwave oatmeal, warm up food in the microwave, etc.  My original smaller one that does hold a can of Progresso soup was bought at Amazon three years ago and it still works but is looking very used now. I had considered going back to Amazon and buying some of the one there but it doesn't come with a gift box and the price for five compared to the five in the set offered by the Q is slightly higher.

I received F12327, the Travelon pleated crossbody bag. This bag is one of the better Travelon products and will work well as a medium-sized bag. I would buy a larger version of it also, but I can put a 10 inch tablet in one of the compartments of F12327.

Kathleen--I have been reading your saga of your RV travel to Vegas. I got a chuckle out of the emergency bathroom break. I am so glad that you and DH were able to have a family reunion in Vegas

Linda--I am glad that you were able to participate in the Alzheimers run/walk and raise money for an important cause.

Twinny--I would be getting very frustrated with that lawyer by now so I hope he delivers as promised.

Charlene--I need to put the brakes on the spending also. Mine goes in cycles.

This is the state's largest newspaper report on our lack of food in the local supermarket posted for the pictures to show the empty shelves.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?category=GZ03&date=20161022&lopenr=161029820

Have a great day If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT 23)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today, glad you are feeling chipper.  Sorry about the grocery store in your area, it is a shame you may have to travel so far to do your shopping.  Hopefully, you can get a reasonably price store there.

Just got back from breakfast with DH, won't eat until supper now.  Not much going on here today, going up to my mom's to do a couple things and need to get started decluttering here again.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan--Have a good day; I am so sorry about the death. The upcoming holidays are always difficult the first year and less so afterwards. Decluttering? I really need to get back to that.

Most of my groceries have been bought in the city when there as many of us have to go there for various reasons. The prices are lower and even if going just for groceries, one trip's grocery savings more than pays for gas. There is one product I buy at times which is a dollar more locally. All those purchase savings do add up.

One of our "Country Roads" this weekend:

spruceknob.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Good morning.. Yesterday! Cancelled BE Candlelight makeup collection. Recently ordered BE TSV pleased with my purchase. 58 over the summer skin changed becoming sensitive and dry. Pleased! Between BE TSV and Philosophy products, Skin is comfortable and balanced. My point! Stopped myself! Thought to myself, You don't need this collection. Same with Wen, Love my BGT CC scored big!! PAS two months ago. I have more than enough to last several months. Easy to get caught up in the voltrex of back ups, Choose not to. Saves money time and most of all space.
Respected Contributor

Greetings from Big bear lake, ca. We are in the mountains and it is quite lovely. We head to Plam springs tomorrow and will be in Phoenix on Thursday. It has been a nice trip...the condos we stay in are very nice.

Susan..Condolences on your dads death. That is always so hard. 

Jean..that is a lovely pic. I read about your grocery store problems. I have always lived in urban settings so would have trouble without close b convenience. Is your pt helping???

i read the thread daily and enjoy keeping up with everyone.

sydnie said that Pepper keeps looking for us.  I will be home on the 8 th for my medical stuff so it will not be long.

(((((hugs)))) to everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Sweet_Serenity: Congrats upon stoppping yourself from making excess purchases. There are some products that I use in which special offerings are very tempting. I like WEN but there is no way I am having a gallon of it sitting around taking up space as much as the gallon may represent a savings. Last night, I saw the 64 ounces of Philosophy Purity offered which provided 1000 cleansings. It may represent a savings but that is also one big bottle There have been times that I have liked a product but then found a few months later that I needed to switch for one reason or another, so these mega sizes don't work for me.

Barbara--I am glad that  the trip is going well for you and that the condos have been great. The PT seems to be going well, and is conveniently located across the street from a WalMart, so it makes grocery shopping easier

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, and thanks @KonaKat for getting us started. Glad you are feeling rested today.

If the TSV is the air fryer, it is something I am interested in, but am not going to buy, or even watch a presentation on, as I am not ready to make a purchase. If, at some point, I decide I want one, I will probably opt for a large one, don't know yet.

Glad to hear you like the Travelon bag.

My spending also goes in cycles, and I think I am over it, for now. lol

@PAlady, I too, need to get back to the decluttering. I did go through a stack of papers that have piled up recently, have some ready to shred, some ready for filing, some thrown in the trash, and unfortunately, some I need to read further to see if I need to do something more on them.

@Sweet_Serenity, good for you on your cancellations.

@sydsgma1, your trip sounds nice, I would love to make that same trip, but don't see it any time soon. Maybe someday.

Today seems like it's going to be a relaxing day here. Not that we don't have things needing done, however, it doesn't appear anything much will be happening, lol.

I raked/blew together 5 barrels of pine straw from under my big pine tree yesterday aftenoon and burned them. Still more there still to drop, so I may use some for additional mulch, there is always plenty, lol.

Have to return to the dentist tomorrow afternoon. Not looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves...

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, I went to see The Accountant with Ben Affleck this morning at the 10 am show.  Good movie, I recommend it.  

I'm getting my list together and heading out to do the grocery shopping.  

Once that's done, I'll probably just veg out.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, chilly day here but sunny and very windy..the leaves are flying around.That's a shame about your local market Jean..hopefully some one will come in and take over.  I live in a " country area" but only have to drive about a mile or so and there are plenty of big stores.

Essie congrats on your Cubs...good luck to them.

SEems like I'm having problems with this board....it keeps freezing up on me..could be on my end due to the wind and cable connection.      HAve a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon. and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are feeling better.  That is a lovely picture, but I am not a fan of cold, so it would worry me to see snow on the trees.  Hope you enjoy your new bag.

I have been to church, and need to get ready for the gym now.  Hope to post later, but in the meantime, I'm sending hugs to all of our posters and readers.

Linda