Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT 20)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny and cool  here in Arizona, but should make it up to the low 80's today.  That is fine with m.  I needed a warmer jacket on my walk this morning.  A weather wimp to be sure.

The good news is that I finally got some sleep last night.  The bad news is that I have a cold.  I am not surprised since I have been around people sneezing, coughing, etc. during and since my trip.  I guess I was lucky that the cold came after rather than during the trip.  While I planned to go to church this morning, I decided it wasn't a good idea since there are quite a few parishioners who are quite elderly and in fragile health.

If I feel better later, I may go to the gym.  I took some cold medicine, so I'm not sneezing at this point.  I am very careful to wipe off the equipment.

I already own the "old" version of the Fitbit Versa, so I am not tempted by the TSV.   

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT 20)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Sorry you have a cold but good that you had a good night's sleep.

It is good that I double checked again to see if the thread had been started. This is part of what I had prepared:

I had my 3rd consecutive night of great sleep last night, so I hope this continues. I hope Linda will get back into a good sleep routine. It has always been my experience that I have had trouble getting back into a good sleep routine when traveling that involves several time zone changes. My FitBit Charge 3 is working well now since the procedure so I have no need of the TSV.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it's good that you are sleeping better, but too bad you have a cold.  It's a good thing that you can recuperate at home.  Right now I am trying to avoid crowds because I need to be healthy for my infusion on Wednesday & my neurologist appointment on Thursday at which time I hope to be able to get my flu shot.

Jean, I have been sleeping so much better since we are getting colder temps.  

We had a nice dinner out last night when we went to the Shop with a Cop benefit buffet dinner.  It was a potato/taco bar with chili and all of the trimmings.

It was dense fog when we were going to church, but now it's nice and 🌞🌞🌞.  We had a special couple from Springfield. IL join us so we had a good potluck lunch.  They had pastored a church in Holland,  MI for a long time and they are friends of our pastor.

I am going to have a lazy day since I am starting to "wind " down.  It's been a busy fall around here.  My DH thought that he was done mowing the lawn until he realized that it was getting very long again.  He had both of the mowers empty of gas and the battery out of the riding mower.  Thus, he had to use the push mower.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hi guys - sorry I've been so bad about checking in these past couple of weeks.  Things are going fine, I've just been busy.  Sorry to hear that you have a cold, Linda.  I'm still very happy with my Fitbit Charge 3, so no need to purchase a new version for me, either.  Jean - I've been catching your updates on Facebook - I loved the photos of you in the parade.  How special that must have been.

Shopping - I've been good about not buying clothes.  Still really enjoying the clothes I have.  I've purchased a couple of jewelry items, but not too bad.  Books, on the other hand, yikes.  Lots of books.  I have taken some in as donations, plus gotten credit for some at a used book store, but I'm still bringing in more than I'm getting rid of.  

Lately I've been doing a lot of gardening and running errands.  My DH and I spent a lovely day out-of-town in an apple-growing area.  We had lunch at an historic farmhouse, then stopped at a farm where we ate cider donuts and drank apple cider.  Yum!

Waves to everyone!  ~ Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Cerb, I figured that you were doing lots of outside work.  My tomatoes are done, but I really enjoyed them.  The leaves are starting to turn. We had a fun day outing two weeks ago.  We went to a tourist town about an hour away and ate our way around it.  We looked in a lot of nice shops, but didn't buy anything.  Sometimes it is just fun to window shop.  It sounds like you had a fun day at an apple orchard.

I am so happy that it's fall around here.  My favorite time of the year.  I am also enjoying my pumpkin spice coffee with the pumpkin spice creamer. 

I was sad to hear that the Badger's got beat by one point yesterday. Lackadaisical imo.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

Linda, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep and hopefully you will be over the cold in no time.

Jean, good sleep is a wonderful thing, isn't it?  Gives the body time to regenerate.

Twinny, I'm not going for a flu shot or anything however once this time of year rolls around, I'm extra careful around people so I don't come down with something.  Can they give you a flu shot on the same day of your infusion?  Won't that make side effects of the flu shot worse on you?

Charlene, it's nice that you and your husband got away for the day.  How's your Mom doing?

Because we were having a warm spell (60's) this weekend I knew I had to move on removing the old caulk around the outside of the family room door/sidelights yesterday.  Whoo, caulk will release from wood but it hangs on for dear life to brick.  I worked that caulk for 3 hours.  I scraped and banged up my right hand and then it hit me that I had a new pair of leather work gloves.  I didn't want to bleed all over my pretty new leather work gloves so I put a different pair on.

I was pretty sore all on my right side.  I put my arm, shoulder, back and foot in it Woman Very Happy

This morning I went to the home depot and picked up some skinny backer rod, the caulk and a new kind of patch by DAP.  Gerry the groundhog took a bite out of the wooden trim one day when I wasn't moving fast enough with the food Woman Very Happy

Forcing the backer rod in and using the caulking gun was a breeze.  That high tech patching compound from DAP came in a tube.  I pierced the tip of the tube with a nail after I massaged and squeezed the tub as recommended.

I couldn't get the patching compound out.  I put the tube on the patio and stepped on it with both feet, so this tube had 140 pounds on it.  Either I got an old tube or DAP needs to figure out a better and quicker way and filling the tube.  The patching compound came out so slow I got frustrated and took a utility knife to the tube and slit it.  There went $7 for two little quarter sized areas that required patching Woman Sad

Once I slit the tub down the middle it was easy to get the compound out of it.

I also bought a quart (I think) of Behr premium paint/primer.  I told the guy at home depot, hey if I don't use this in 5 days will you reshake it if I bring in the receipt?

I need the caulk and patch to cure good and we could get rain tomorrow so I can't paint the wooden trim until the next good weather day comes around.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Hello all,

Linda, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep and hopefully you will be over the cold in no time.

Jean, good sleep is a wonderful thing, isn't it?  Gives the body time to regenerate.

Twinny, I'm not going for a flu shot or anything however once this time of year rolls around, I'm extra careful around people so I don't come down with something.  Can they give you a flu shot on the same day of your infusion?  Won't that make side effects of the flu shot worse on you?

Charlene, it's nice that you and your husband got away for the day.  How's your Mom doing?

Because we were having a warm spell (60's) this weekend I knew I had to move on removing the old caulk around the outside of the family room door/sidelights yesterday.  Whoo, caulk will release from wood but it hangs on for dear life to brick.  I worked that caulk for 3 hours.  I scraped and banged up my right hand and then it hit me that I had a new pair of leather work gloves.  I didn't want to bleed all over my pretty new leather work gloves so I put a different pair on.

I was pretty sore all on my right side.  I put my arm, shoulder, back and foot in it Woman Very Happy

This morning I went to the home depot and picked up some skinny backer rod, the caulk and a new kind of patch by DAP.  Gerry the groundhog took a bite out of the wooden trim one day when I wasn't moving fast enough with the food Woman Very Happy

Forcing the backer rod in and using the caulking gun was a breeze.  That high tech patching compound from DAP came in a tube.  I pierced the tip of the tube with a nail after I massaged and squeezed the tub as recommended.

I couldn't get the patching compound out.  I put the tube on the patio and stepped on it with both feet, so this tube had 140 pounds on it.  Either I got an old tube or DAP needs to figure out a better and quicker way and filling the tube.  The patching compound came out so slow I got frustrated and took a utility knife to the tube and slit it.  There went $7 for two little quarter sized areas that required patching Woman Sad

Once I slit the tub down the middle it was easy to get the compound out of it.

I also bought a quart (I think) of Behr premium paint/primer.  I told the guy at home depot, hey if I don't use this in 5 days will you reshake it if I bring in the receipt?

I need the caulk and patch to cure good and we could get rain tomorrow so I can't paint the wooden trim until the next good weather day comes around.

Bird Mama, I am getting my infusion on Wednesday morning at the Dean Clinic and they don't give flu shots there.  On Thursday afternoon, I have an appointment with my neurologist at the UW-Clinic.  This is where I hope to be able to get a flu shot.

It sounds like you have a big job on your hands.  We are supposed to be getting rain tonight and tomorrow.  Then a few days of 🌞🌞🌞.  Then colder temps by next weekend.  I am enjoying this weather day by day.