Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT. 18)

Okay Girls - I think HSN might be offering my Christmas present as the TSV (lol).  I have been wanting a tablet, like HP products and am familiar with the Android Kitkat operating system.  The tablet has the next generation - Android Lollipop - somebody naming these OS has a sweet tooth :-)

It's $199.95.  Is that a good price for a tablet?  It comes with a keyboard and case.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I don't know if that is a good price or not. They also have returns until January 30 so you have a trial period
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Bernie...it depends on what you are comfortable with..I use an iPad because it has replaced my computer. After doing a lot of research, it best fit my needs. I personally think apple products are superior. My brother has a pricey android and it is very cumbersome to use. 

Just my opinion

Respected Contributor

You did well on the bird seed. And lugging the bags. I just leave the heavy stuff in the cart and let them go the price gun scan!
Respected Contributor

I HATE THIS BOARD!!!!!  It signed me out while I was writing a response; good thing I saved a copy of it!  Cat Mad

Hi girls!  Checking in quick; I did 10 pages of my paper yesterday, and have about 10 more to finish today, then that's IT...at least for this degree.  The "fastest internet in the country" has been slooooow....I see the ISP is now offering an even faster one - so fast you can download 17,000 movies a minute (WHY?)...and it's "only" $299 a month.  Cat Surprised 

It's gotten downright chilly - temps in the 50s, but I was cold enough that I got out a heater, and in the middle of the night put the quilt I just washed on the bed along with the one already there as I didn't feel like hunting down a blanket.  Bird, that fireplace plug sounds like a good idea, but that film?  My brats would wreck it in no time! 

My replacement Kindle arrived; I won't be able to play with it until the paper is done; hopefully there will be no problems with this one.

Bird, I got a tablet from HSN last Christmas (my very generous favorite bear got it for me Cat Wink) and I don't like it at all; my Kindle Fire is much, much better and they offer excellent support.  They now have a 10" one - if I wanted another large tablet I'd go with that. 

Jean, Harry London chocolates are OK - not great.  When Penney's first gets them in they're expensive, but they halve the price in a week or two via one of their phony "sales."  You can also find them at TJ Maxx.

Good idea, Marijane, thanks; I'll call Bean tomorrow. I love these slippers; I had gotten my late husband a pair and he loved them so much I buried him in them.

Bird, I've been getting bird seed from Amazon.  It's flavored with cherry oil, and the birds adore it.  It's an add-on item, and $4.99 for 10 pounds, which lasts a week if I ration it out - they'd go through a bag a day if I let them!  Lifting those heavy bags is difficult for me.

Glad to hear the fires are being contained, Linda.

Snicks, you must be so proud of your granddaughter!  So many kids are out of control these days; in fact, yesterday I was reading on the town's FB page that someone passed the playground and saw young girls lifting their shirts and baring themelves, while boys took pictures!  Cat Surprised  If I had a daughter who did that, she'd be in a full body cast with NOTHING showing...and she'd be grounded until she was 30!  Cat Frustrated

Good that the party went well, twinny.  Does you twin sister help you with your mom?

OK, I've procrastinated enough; I need to get this paper finished, although how I'm supposed to do that with two cats on my arm who hop right back when I move them is anyone's guess.  BTW, Autumn did come home; she came to the front door and barked to be let in.

Have a blessed day, everyone! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sydsgma1

Barbara, I'm a dinosaur and love my desktop.  That's what I am using 99% of the time when I post here.  I will be converting from a desktop to laptop at work.  I'm only doing it because there aren't many of us left with desktops and it's with the understanding a full sized keyboard and full sized monitor will be plugged into the thing.  I already play with a wireless mouse at work.  I even asked for the ancillary DVD drive since the new laptops at work don't even have drives. 

I don't know a single thing about apple or 'I' technology.  Never bought an Ipod or Ipad.

From birth, my youngest bird Presto has been stationed in the home office.  I didn't want to freak the older birds out with a baby bird.  She has a cage that stays open all day.  She pretty much only sleeps in the cage.  Because I don't cover any cages in this house, my birds are like outside birds in that their days are dictated by daylight.  As we move into the fall and lose light, my little girl Presto wants to go to bed earlier.  I kid you not, she flies into the room around 8 pm and lets me know she's tired.

I won't run the TV or computer once she's down for the night.  I'm not inclined to move her or the computer so that leaves me with my phone for puttering around on the internet and of course, posting here (lol).

I want something bigger than my phone, preferably with a keyboard. 

Respected Contributor

THANK YOU MARIJANE!!!!

I just called LL Bean (Procrastinating!) - and they're going to exchange the slippers!  Free label, too!  So, that saves me $79!   Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Good for you Arlene - it never hurts to ask.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I don't know the brand or the size of the HSN tablet, but mine uses Lollipop on the Samsung Tab 4 with the 10.1 inch screen. I've used varioius types of tablets and really like the Android the best. It is a matter of personal preference, but I can tell you that Lollipop is a great processor. I would stick to a known brand. You really did great on the birdseed.

Twinny--I am so glad tha tthe party for your mother went well and that she was able to leave to participate in the festivities which means so much to all of you.

Arlene--Good job on contacting LLBean. You never know what the outcome will be but one thing is certain....if you don't ask, then you won't get a possible solution.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  I don't have anyone to give the TSV to, but I would like to try that candy. I am one who can limit myself to one piece a day or less, so a box of chocolates could last me a good, long time.  Interesting about the Q shipping.  My Keurig came in two days!  I was shocked to say the least.  Of course, it started in California.

I have never heard of the Jessie Stone movies/character, but it sounds like something I would enjoy.  

I can't believe your cold weather.  It was in the low 60's here this morning.  They are saying it may go down in the 50's later in the week.  DH and I started our walk with zippered sweatshirts, but got too hot by the middle.  

I have heard the same thing about American Express -- the merchants need to pay more compared to MC or Visa.  I have one paid credit card (Chase Southwest Visa), which I plan to cancel when it comes up for renewal.  It was good to get the free airline miles, but I don't plan to fly much in the near future.  Not to worry, I have two other Visa cards and an MC.  Guess I don't need to worry about having cards, if needed.

Hi Susan.  Thanks for your good wishes -- not a great night -- DH was up much of the night, and I am tired.  He also wasn't great this morning.  I really could use a break. Fingers crossed that things will improve.

Glad you are feeling better, snicks.  Your DGD sounds terrific.  Glad she will be joining you for Thanksgiving and wanted your excess decorations.

Hi Bernie -- glad you got some winterizing done and got such a good deal on birdseed.  Sorry that I can help with the HSN special.  I don't have any experience with the low cost tablets.  But, that does sound like a great price.  I bought my laptop at COSTCO because they had some guys who seemed to know what they were doing, but that was a while back.  I have an i-Pad that I bought for DH, but I only use it for travel.  

Hope you like the poncho, Marijane.  Do keep warm -- sounds cold there.  Not my kind of weather, but I know some prefer the cool/cold winter.

Hi, Barbara -- hope you like Lake Tahoe and then Red Rock Vegas.  

Hope that the fires will be gone completely soon, LindaR.  Your temperatures sound chilly to me.  

Happy that your Mom's party went well, and she liked it, twinny.  I'm sure you need some rest.

Good for you Arlene -- almost finished your degree.  Way to go!  

Waves to Kathleen, Charlene, Karen, Gayle, Rosa, and all of our posters and readers.

I went to the earlier church service, and I think I'll stick with that for a while.  DH and I made it to the gym -- I had not been there since last Sunday due to my sore back.  Thank goodness that went okay.

Hope everyone has a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda