Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT. 13)

Good morning, shopping friends. It has neen a nippy morning but I just returned from the local supermarket. I would have preferred to go to the city but I was tired and feeling a little under the weather.

Linda--I am glad that you made a reasonable purchase to wear as a memory of your wonderful trip.

Twinny--The Habitat for Humanity in the city has built some low cost housing for individuals from the revenue raised during the year.

The Kitchen Day is of little threat to me, especially a big Kitchen Aid mixer. I have a Kitchen Aid hand mixer which works for me for how I need to use it.

I'm looking forward to a challening lunch of soup and salad. It is so easy to cook when preparing meals for one. I remember preparing big meals but the fun of it has gone along with the people.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT. 13)

It's nippy here in PA as well. I love the cold. I can finally breathe. It snuck up on me ...again. I didn't believe the forecasts because they are usually 50/50 with the cold arriving. I usually rely on my knees aching for the "real" weather report.  I did manage to bring in the gazing ball and other glass items from the gardens yesterday. I still have all the maintainence items to handle but these will remain outside until the fence project is resolved.  

I enjoy Cooking Day but don't need another thing in my kitchen. I actually like the ideas and suggestions that the Kitchenaid Tina gives more than purchasing. I have finally organized my pantry with L&L and it's great. I can open the door and see what I have in the cracker and pasta supplies. I have an oragami pantry shelf for the canned food so I know longer buy 8 jars of salsa or 6 bottles of ketchup.LOL Honestly, I do check when I'm making the list but where I go off line is when I pick up my prescriptions then I figure that since I'm parked and in the store I might as well pick up some groceries,.

I think I have a touch of the flu on top of my regular issues. I'm hoping this only lasts for a few days so I can get one of these lab/doctor/donation appointments handled.

I decorated this year more for Fall than Halloween. The last few years it didn't matter how much or how few decorations I had on the front porch our  neighborhood kids showed up for Trick or Treat. I always give Rice Krspie Treats because most of the parents won't let the kids have chocolate, etc. We also like the leftovers (if any). I am trying to scale back the seasonal decorating a bit so I can donate/discard from my "stash". I'm thinking that will be a good project for when the blizzards hit this season. Once I shovel a path for the dogs that will be all the energy I have left. LOL

Have a good afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--You sound like a very organized person who is on top of things. I like the idea of decorating with a Fall theme more than that of Halloween. As far as Trick or Treat is concerned, we no longer have door to door trick or treat. Instead, we have community parties. This startedf when bad stuff was being put in the candies, etc. given out door to door in many places. People donate money, etc. for the community parties.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Jean @KonaKat  and @Fressa   It's 58 degrees here is SE Michigan.  It's also blustry.  I griped about the summer heat so I need to keep my mouth shut about the chill Woman Wink

I watch TV by way of antenna and was so happy to see the return of the Decades TV channel.  It looks like it's on a Fox sub-channel and I've been enjoying the weekend binge of 

Image result for thriller tv show

Love me some Boris Karloff Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Enjoy Boris Karloff; haven't seen anything of his for a long time. I've been watching the original Outer Limits off and on. Early TV had some really good shows.

One of the  TV stations near us posted that this morning was the coldest since early April; high 30s. Right now, it is 67 here but expected to be 40 tonight. It is hard to dress for these varying temperatures.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

I'm back in Phoenix, and headed home later today.  I am very tired, but unable to sleep much due to jet lag.  I'm sure it will take time.  I can't imagine how you deal with your flights from Australia, Jean.   My knee wasn't bothering me too much, but it is so difficult sitting in those small spaces for hours on end.  The actual tour was wonderful.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope to post more later today.

Hugs,

Linda