Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT. 11)

Greetings, shopping friends. I must have been really exhausted as last night I slept almost 9 hours. It was the first time in weeks that I slept later than 5am.

I just put out the new bird feed. Lyrics Fine Tune. The seed is smaller for the small birds as that is what has been frequenting the feeder. This comes in 15 pound bags as well as 5 pound. If they like it, I will order the pound as it is a significant savings. It is also non-germinating, something I definitely look for in the bird feed. A few years ago, I bought the cheaper brands but the seed dropped by the birds would germinate and sprout. I didn't want that again.

I also ordered new filters for the HVAC from Discount Filters. It is a years supply of filters I sometimes have problems finding in the city. I've used this site for  years to buy filters and have been satisfied. Just one more thing not to spend time searching for when needed.

I read that SG has a fleece jacket which reverses for a TSV. I no longer have any fleece jackets so this might be a temptation to buy.

I am watching "The Haunting of Bly Manor," a Netflix series. It is good and perfectly timed for the spooky season. As I do that, I'm going through papers and mail that accumulated last week.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT. 11)

Jean..I am glad that you feel more rested. I am watching the same Netflix series and think it is a retelling of The Turn Of The Screw. It is perfect for a good scary movie. 💖

Esteemed Contributor

Barbara--I had my doubts about the series when I first started watching it, but I got hooked. i agree it is the perfect movie for the Halloween season.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's foggy and rainy today. UGGGGGH!!!!  I'm so glad that we accomplished so many chores yesterday. The hubby trimmed the three large pine trees next to the parkpad and put them thru the chipper. Only 1 casulty with a solar light so that's not bad. Everythig that was too small for the chipper is bagged and ready to go for Monday's trash pick up.

I got the dogs showered. Usually My husband helps with just being the guard so they don't escape thru the shower curtain. LOL  I wash them one at a time because they are so big that the shower only has room for one GSD and myself. I put old bath towels on the family room softas to protect the slipcovers and absorb any leftover moisture. I have to say that it really worked the best of what I've used in the past. 

Today I plan on taking it easy. I do have a solar light to replace but that's about it. I did watch some of the morning show with Carolyn and Dan. I always enjoy that pairing. I wasn't tempted by anything. YIPPEE!!  I did notice that they cautioned about holiday shopping and the length of time for shipping. Regardless of if it was to sell the item being presented or just general information I thought it was a good mental note reminder. I do most of my gift shopping online so I thought it was useful. 

Finally a free shipping day and I have zero "must haves" in my saved items. I'm taking that as a good thing. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--You must be exhausted from all that activity. Bathing the dogs is enough in itself. Yes, you are entitled to a day of rest.

Glad you weren't tempted by anything. I didn't turn on the Q today so I didn't realize it was free shipping day. If I had a need, it would be great to take advantage of but at this point, I can't think of anything. I put things on my wish list and then forget about the list. Perhaps, I need to take a look!

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's been pretty around here this weekend.  Mostly sunny and warmer yesterday than today.  I'm debating with myself about ordering a pizza and picking it up.  I think the disappointing bracelet that I ordered from QVC will be delivered tomorrow.

That UPS handoff to USPS in Urbancrest Ohio is always a cr@pshoot Woman Very Happy  The tracking shows that the USPS accepted the fact that an item was coming on 10-6.  The item actually arrived at the post office yesterday morning a little bit after 7 am.  I suspect there wasn't time to sort through packages that my mail carrier was set to deliver yesterday.

Barbara received hers and confirmed that it's a hot mess as far as the clasp goes.  Guess I won't have a Diamonique piece of jewelry afterall.  I wonder if the Q will refund my shipping?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you got so much rest, and I hope the new birdseed works out.  Our area is pretty famous for birds since it can be a stop in the migration from Mexico to the North and back.  Some birders actually pick this location for that reason.  But, I know that bird feeders can attract animals other than birds, so some bring their feeders in at night.  

Good that you ordered the furnace filters. Unlike you and Barbara, I have never enjoyed those types of spooky shows.  But, I hope both of you enjoy watching it.  My idea of Halloween is decorations, cute costumes, and giving and getting candy and other treats. Also a big fan of pumpkin.

You and your DH have certainly been working hard, Fressa.  Good to take it a little easy today.  Please excuse my ignorance, but what are GSD dogs?  When I Google it, they say German Shepherd dogs, which I didn't think were all that large.  Perhaps yours are just large for that breed.

I tried to take advantage of free shipping the last time they had it here, but the doormat is still listed as waitlist.  I don't have anything on the list that I really want, much less need, at this point.  That is a good thing since I have been buying and spending quite a bit -- mostly on house stuff. 

It was pretty cool on my walk this morning, and it may only make it to 89 degrees today -- that is much cooler than the past weeks.  However, hot weather is supposed to return next week.  We may be finished with the 100 degree highs, however.  

Nothing at all exciting planned here.  I just finished participating in virtual church, and a Leslie Sansone DVD is next up.  Yesterday afternoon, I watched an OLLI "lounge" presentation of the early years of American Bandstand.  It was pretty interesting to see the change in fashion and music from the 50's to the late 60's, and I enjoy a lot of that music.   So, I did a little dancing in the living room.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Glad your weather is pretty nice, Bernie.  Hope you enjoy the pizza if you decide to order the pizza.  Sorry the bracelet doesn't seem to be a winner, and I hope you do get a refund of the shipping.  From the sound of it, the bracelet was poorly made.  I have trouble with certain drop-off places as well.  It isn't consistent, but sometimes packages go all over before they reach me, or never get here at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Please enjoy the pizza. It does sound like a consolation is in order. Sorry the news about the bracelet is not good for you and Barbara. Perhaps labeling it as defective when you return it as well as reinforcing it with a call to CS will work.

Linda--I know that you and I enjoy free shippiing from another vendor, but I thought perhaps an instant pot might be in order as I thought I remembered you getting one or planning to do so. When I did a search on the Q, there were no instant pots. 

Well, I know I will be working Thursday and Friday of this week. The jobs go active at 12:01pm each day for t he next day as well as others posted for later. I was on the site at 12:01.

Esteemed Contributor

I did order the Instant Pot from Amazon, Jean (with free shipping).  I looked here as well, but like you found, no luck.  I think the items most tempting on free shipping days are things like small appliances, household items, electronics, etc., since the shipping is usually higher than most clothing, etc.  Did you decide on a new Fitbit?  

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--It is only the display on the FitBit itself that is not working. I can read everything on the app as of now which is a minor inconvenience. When I get one, it will be the Charge 4 as I really liked the size of the Charge 3. I was waiting to see if anything interesting was offered on Prime Days.