Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, OCT. 11)

JEAN,

I am glad that you had a nice time in the city, but sorry for being so tired.  Prayers for the young man  at your school with major medical issues.  I like the SG fleece jackets/coats.  Is that the kind that you got?  I only saw a little bit of the Q while on vacation, so I have no idea what the TSV's were.  MARIJANE, we only had 2 hours of rain on Oct. 2 & then a cold front came through & it was cold on the 3rd.  That was the only jacket day for us.  Yes, I did good at the Q outlet's but not for shoes or boots.  None of them were comfy for me, & I tried all brands on.  SNICKS, how great for your DD & her DH to do that marathon.  Toob ad about your garbage disposal.  My microwave died last night.  It is only about 6 months old.  We had a very short power outage yesterday, so I wonder if that is the cause.  BIRD MAMA,  Before I found these boards, I thought that I was the only person in the world with an AI disorder.  Nobody in my family has any of that kind of disorder.  I remember waking up in the night & being totally paralized.  Even being faithful in the Lord, I was still scared out of my mind!  LINDA R, Happy birthday & many more to come.  I got a call from the Manor at 7:30 today telling me that mom fell out of bed in the night. No injuries, but they said that they had to tell me.  My brother is going up today, so DH & I are trying to recuperate.  I did 2 large loads of laundry for us & hung them outside as it is so nice, sunny & breezy.  Then after church we went to mom's & took the sheets off of her bed & emptied her clothes hamper.  So far I have done 3 large loads & one more to go.  She had more dirty things than we did in 3 weeks without me doing our laundry.  Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--Continued hugs! There are no words to adequately express the anxiety and stress you must be feeling at this time. Although many of us may have experienced something similar, we all face it differently and with different family support. Again, take care of yourself and prayers continue for you, your mother and family.

Bernie--Why is it I have this image of you leading us in squat exercises each day? I can't imagine climbing all those stairs. I would have to stop at each landing and rest before tackling the next flooor landing.

I have my essential activities booked for the trip. We might add a couple once there if we feel the need but what we have booked will definitley do us should we not seek other activities. I went on one of those photo nature tours last year described as easy walking, and I was the only senior type on it. No, it wasn't easy walking except on flat areas; the slippery banks in Mother Nature's doman were another matter and some were steep. No more of that!!!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

Happy birthday, LindaR - hope you have a wonderful day. 

Well, it's a warm day out, but I waaaay overslept...in part because I was up later than usual finishing a cozy; I had less than 50 pages left.  I've been having the most bizarre dreams; one was about Jeanne Bice, of all people!  In it I went to a store she had on Madison Ave. in NYC, but the store had been cut in half, including the sign, so she had only half the original shop and was selling home-made preserves and tie-dye clothing.  Weird. 

Last night I took the girls for a drive; we went to Cook Out for dinner. I've discovered that it's good to go in the late evening, as although it was still very busy, it wasn't a mob scene and plenty of tables were available.  No special plans to do anything today, apart from listen to all my prophecy updates and get a homework assignment done - I had planned on doing it last night, but when I got home was totally exhausted. This change in seasons seems to do that to me.

I have a tablet I got on HSN last year when it was a TSV, and I don't care for it at all.  I wish I had waited, as the Fire now comes in a 10" version and I love the Kindle Fires - they do everything I need them to, and the customer support is awesome.  Oh well...that'll teach me to think through what I buy.  Marijane, the more you use it, the more you'll find it's capable of. 

Jean, can you access your Kindle books and other stuff from all the devices?  My current Kindle still has problems with the sound at times, and I was wondering if I was able to get a new one (thanks to my FB friend and the gift cards he sends periodically) if I could access everything on both of them. I don't have TV and the only programs I care about are on CBS, so I watch them on the CBS app on Kindle. (I was watching on the tablet, but it's been giving me problems...)

I do stairs a couple of times a day, and unless I'm hurting, try to use stairs instead of escalators or elevators when I'm out.  I don't really use my upstairs rooms (guest room and bear room), but do have litter boxes in the hallway that need scooping at least once a day, and my two room-sized closets are up there.

Well, this week my main task is getting my school papers done; I also need to shampoo the rugs (especially after Angelica peed in the living room - I got it cleaned up right away, but still...), and really, really have to get my packages to the troops mailed out, and then take a drive out to Jasper.  I also have yet to get to switching around my purses, which I'd like to do before I go to the thrift shop.

Guess I'd better get moving.  Hi to everyone - have a blessed day! 

Respected Contributor

Thanks all for the birthday wishes.

I have had issues signing on. Hope it goes

I needed to go to the grocery yesterday. Was finishing up a show when the power went out. Electric was here in about 15 minutes but by the time he got the power back on I had lost the motivation.