Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME ( SUNDAY, OCT.10)

Hi Everyone!

It's warming up now and then cool again tonight. We had horrible thunders with lightening on Fridayday night. There was wind. No branches down but it did shake those walnut pods from the trees and hit the windows a few times. We're cleaning that mess up today. Sure can have fun around here. 

Yesterday I peeled more wallpaper in the corner of the hallway. It's slow going but eventually it will all be done. I have my fingers crossed that the kitchen will be easier than the hall and entry.  A girl can drean. LOL

Free shipping day today so I ordered another set of storage containers for the linen closet and a computer lap device as a Christmas gift for someone on the list. If no one else has it on their list the hubby liked it to extend his desk surface. 

I finally was able to contact CS about my return yesterday. I thought that it was finally resolved until I received an email today with one third the credit than it should be. I'm going to wait until Monday or Tuesday before I go for round 2 on correcting that amount. 

We treated ourselves and ordered take out from our favorite Chinese restaruant for dinner last night. It turns out that both of the family restaurants were sold to others but the food was still tasty. We knew both families that had to sell so it was sad. Glad that they had a sale and were able to start to recover their loss.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME ( SUNDAY, OCT.10)

Fressa, it's been in the 80's for a few days so I can't wait for it to be in the 50's-60's by the weekend.  We just got a brief shower and needed it.  It sounds like you are making head way with the wallpaper removal.  It will look nice when it's all done.  I haven't even thought about Christmas shopping.  It's just our immediate family. That's too bad about not getting the right $$ back on your returns.  We like to get take out from a Chinese restaurant downtown.  I am glad that your food was good.

I am looking forward to getting my infusion tomorrow.  It's supposed to be a rainy day, so we might have to altar our plans. Our eldest dgs lives two blocks from my infusion center and is planning to meet up with us at noon for lunch.  He is a Jr at the  Univ School of Business & doing well.  I can't believe that he's that old already.

I have been hearing sirens about a block from our house all day and here they go again.  There have been a lot of deadly accidents lately.  Cars, motorcycles, semi's & a horse and buggy.  

Off to steam mopping the floors.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Hope your weather is okay.  Good idea to get those storage containers, etc. on free shipping day.  I thought the ones on special were a good buy (especially with the free shipping), but I don't have any need at this point.  That desk looks pretty neat.

Glad you are making progress with the wallpaper, and enjoyed the Chinese take out.  Sorry the owners you knew had to sell.  

Hi Glenda.  Good luck with your infusion tomorrow.  Hope your weather cools down like you like.  Our weather is really supposed to cool down on Tuesday, and I don't think I am ready for such a change.  On the positive side, I have some new casual cardigans from eBay that I want to try out.

My day has been a bit out of the ordinary due to going to the early church service and not being able to take my walk before the service.  I went to the gym after church, and just got back from an abbreviated walk. 

I saw that Jean made it to the beach where it is windy and "nippy" at the moment.  Hopefully, it will warm up soon.

Need to get some cleaning done here. It looks neat enough, but boy is it dusty.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny7--Glad to hear that your dgs is doing well in his classes. I can't believe how fast they seem to grow up from toddler to high school and beyond.

Hope the srens settle down for you. I always find that a bit upseting. Perhaps a power line is down at that intersectiton. That's usually the cause around here when you finally get the the main streets. 

Hope your day goes well without too much rain. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---I'm glad I'm not the only one with a dusty house. I decided that I wasn't going to spend time dusting the areas and adjoining rooms while I'm peeling wallpaper. I still push the dyson twice a week between the dog hair and the patio & garage doors you would swear we lived in a tent. LOL 

Thanks for the update on Jean's beach vaca. Hopefully, the weather will warm up.