Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV. 3)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny but nippy day, one that started with little sleep last night. I watched the digital clock hit 2am and then quickly revert to 1am. 

I'm enjoying Twinny's enthusiasm with her new car; I so remember that experience so well myself 4 years ago. It was a great purchase that has never created any problems for me, so hopefully Twinny has the same experience. I am also enjoying Linda's trip planning for the future which has gotten me in the mood to figure out how to use my remaining frequent flier miles. I am one who has never had a problem booking the '"free flight" of choice as I plan early to get the flights and times desired. I said "free" as there are fees associated with the use of those miles but not unreasonable.

I think I just bought myself my new Christmas present. Kohls has a Sharp Corded Stick Vaccum on sale. With the sale price plus my discounts, I am getting it for $150 less plus I am getting Kohls cash plus 3% cash back at eBate or Rakuten as it is now called.

I got an urge to watch an old movie and Rosemary's Baby came to mind. I remembered how much I enjoyed it when it came out many years ago. Thanks to Netflix, I am currently revisiting it. It was considered a real thriller back then but is tame now but the story line is still very good.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV. 3)

I  received a copy of the Road Scholar trips which Linda has taken. The trips look very interesting both here and internationally. There are, however, few trips that are classified as "easy going" or "on your feet," the lowest levels of participation.  The moral is to do th ese things while younger and more physically fit.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it was sunny and nice in the hot tub this afternoon,  but it's getting cloudy.  We had a good church service, potluck and a baby shower all in one.  Our Pastor had a wisdom tooth extracted last Monday that was infected.  Long story short  he ended up in the hospital for 4 days & getting mega doses of antibiotics.  He was able to come to church this morning, but we had a substitute speaker.  He still has quite a bit of swelling and discomfort.  That's a nice Christmas present.  I like useful things too.  Yes we are excited about our new Subaru.  My DH has been keeping himself busy reading the numerous booklets and the large manual.  Like Bernie said, it's a learning curve getting used to push button start.  I am sure that we will like the eyesight and lane deviation options.  We already like the larger back up screen.  Safety on the road are important as we would like to do some more traveling next spring.  Lord willing.  Plus the other crazy drivers out there.

All of the snow is gone with a chance for either !light rain or a dusting of snow off and on this week.  Nothing to get excited about.  I wore my new DB faux fur coat to church this morning and it's a toasty warm winner.

We have nothing important going on this week which might be a good thing.  

My DH is outside blowing & raking the leaves that dropped off of the trees a few days ago.  Hopefully the city will pick them up this week.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I think you will really love your new car when it comes to traveling long distance. Yes, you will love using it before the long distance trips but there is something about long distance travel that calls out for comfort as well as efficiency in performance. You mentioned the DB faux fur. I have two of his coats that reverse to a faux fur and I also have the faux leather ones I have had for a few years and are calling out for DB to bring some new ones out to interest me.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry you didn't sleep well.  Fortunately, I slept pretty well which was a bit of a surprise.  My weekly financial review didn't go as easily as I had planned.  It was just an error with one item, but the thought that I was $700 off was very upsetting.  Finally, I figured out what I did wrong.  Whew!  But, I didn't get to bed until later than normal.  

Hope you enjoy your new vacuum -- you certainly got a bargain.  I keep thinking about buying a new vacuum, but I haven't pulled the plug yet.  My Oreck has been wonderful, but I think a canister vacuum would probably be better since I have mostly bare floors (tile).  I was looking at the Miele vacuums at a local store, but they are very pricey.

It is fun planning trips, and you are correct about trying to take trips while you are still in pretty good shape.  I'm still trying to come up with ideas for next year.  My latest thought is to look for a fairly short and not too expensive trip to England, Scotland, or Ireland from DC.  The idea would be to try to combine that with a trip to visit DD and family who live in Maryland.  At least that way, I could have time in Maryland before or after the long flight to England.  I know it is a short flight for you who flies to Australia, etc.  But, long for me, especially after the flight from Phoenix to New York, New York to Rome, and Rome to Verona with no sleep.  I may try a different tour group for this trip since the Road Scholar tours are fairly expensive compared to some others.   

We are having great weather -- it was in the low 50's on my walk this morning, and should make it up to the mid 80's this afternoon.  I made it to church and the gym, and don't have any big plans for the afternoon.

Really hope you love your new car, twinny.  It certainly is nice looking.  Your poor pastor.  Hope he is better soon.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--That is a good idiea to combine a trip to England, etc. with a trip to visit family in Maryland. I've made mistakes in my accounting by doing number reversals, and sometimes it takes me time to find it because I think I am seeing what is supposed to be there rather than what I actually entered when reversing numbers. 

Honored Contributor

I usually don't switch my clocks either way until I get up the morning of the change.  I was up at 6:15 until I changed the clock back to 5:15.  That seemed to stick with me for some strange reason and the rest of the day just dragged on and on. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise