Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV.27)

Good morning, shopping friends.  It is a beautiful sunny but nippy day. I'm doing odds and ends around the house, paying some bills online and ignoring the  Copper Chef TSV.

Early this morning when I crawled out of bed, they were urging people to buy the casserole as it would likely sell out before David's show at Noon. We have one hour to go but that casserole is still available. Oh, those magic words used to incite people to buy, buy, buy now and not later. Ooops! Only 500 of the casserole left.

I saw that Bernie had signed up for eBates. Now, all she has to do is to remember to go through eBates to link to her favorite store before buying. I see JC Penny has a 15% rebate today.

Right now, I'm not in a buying mood but that may not last long. I thought I was being excessive this month but I went online and checked my card for the amount of purchases made in November of last year. The good news is that this year the total is less!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV.27)

Good morning everyone, and thanks @KonaKat for the start.

Good for you on not buying the TSV, this is finally one you can pass by. Yea for you. Hope your PT is helping you.

I did buy the TSV, pre-ordered several days ago, should get it Mon or Tues. For some reason it interests me, I often have need of a big pot/casserole. I like that it can be used on the stove top as well as the oven. I almost bought the last one they offered, but didn't, then it sold out. I'm sure it's not for those who do little cooking, I'm not one of those, lol. I cook daily, many times for extra guests or events as well. I also liked the fry basket, etc that come with it.

Was going to work in the yard today, but it's 37 and misting rain, so that's out. I'll stay inside and tweak my Christmas decorations a bit, maybe cook a little something tasty this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day! No shopping for me today, CC locked up tight, and they need to be, lol.

Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--I think the TSV is a great value for someone who cooks often. I just cook for myself so simplicity rules. I do hope you enjoy it. Because of today's value, I think you were meant to miss it the last time a similar one was offered.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies,sunny but chilly day here although we are expecting a lot of rain Tuesday in to Wednesday.    THanks Jean for the item number of that top,I went and checked it out but they had very little sizes left in all the prints,I had liked the one you were wearing and also the paisley.

I had one of my sons bring up all the decos Snicks and they are scattered all over my LR,I will get to them a little at a time.   I did not see the s/v today but I am guessing it's that copper pot.

The lawn people showed up before to do the final clean up and also clean out the gutters....so that will be done for another year.

Not much else, I am making chicken Parma for dinner one of my kids is going back in a little while so I wanted to feed him before he left..not that he would starve to death if I didn''t.

Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat, ha, you may be right about that. I have a b-day party for someone to go to on the 10th that everyone is bringing a dish, Christmas, when I don't know yet what we will be doing, then 2 family re-unions next summer already lined up, so will be using that pot I expect, although I do have numerous casserole dishes otherwise I can also use.

@Genny1, glad your son brought up everything for you. That is a lot of help. I totally understand wanting to feed your son before he leaves. Chicken Parm sounds good.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your shopping is down this November compared to last.  I have not looked at my shopping that way, but it might be a good idea.  November and December are big spending months for me -- several birthdays as well as Christmas.  And, I manage to buy plenty for myself as well.  No TSV for me either.  I have not looked at it closely, but I really don't need any more large pans since I mostly cook for one these days.

Hope you enjoy the pan when it arrives, snicks.  Sounds like you will find it quite useful. 

Hi Marijane -- hope you and your family enjoy the chicken parm this evening.  I'm sure it is very tasty.

Nothing exciting going on here.  I have mostly finished decorating, and I have decided to donate a lovely table runner that is just too long for my table in addition to some clothes that are just crowding the closet.  Church was fine -- made it in time despite getting a later than normal start due to my walk and fooling on the computer for a while.  I'm about to change and go to the gym.  After that, I'll visit DH.

Waves to all of our posters and readers and have a good Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello, I awoke this morning feeling like I am coming down with something. Back of my throat killing me, ear drums tickling and sneezing like nobody's business.  Honestly I don't know how it happened, I limited contact with people this entire holiday weekend.  Oh well, I'm taking Zicam rapidmelts which should clip it in the bud.

Right now I'm having some soup - Campbell's homestyle/homemade (I don't know) Minestrone.

My sister and I went to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Neat story, I enjoyed it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Image result for sunday friends quotes