Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV. 18)

It is a beautiful sunny day.  We had a nice church service this morning and a very good Thanksgiving meal afterwards.  Everybody takes something so it isn't a lot of work for just a few people.

My DH & I are still learning how to deal with him having to get an insulin shot each night.  The needles that his Dr. ordered a few days ago don't fit into the insulin pen type thing like they should.  Yesterday we had to go to Shopko and  have the pharmacist remove the needle.  She said if it happened last night he should go back to see her this morning.  It did,  so he went back after lunch and she is ordering a different set of needles.  It is supposed to be a one man job, but right now he doesn't have enough hands.  To top things off, he is supposed to "pinch an inch"  & with his 18# weight loss, there is no inch to pinch     Both my grandma and my mom were diabetics and did it the old way without any help.

A classmate of mine passed away a few days ago, so we are going to her funeral tomorrow.  She suffered a long time with cancer, so it is a blessing.

No big plans this week, but we are going out to eat on Thursday with friends.  Since my mom has passed away, it is too much trouble for me to fix for 2 people.

My DH is getting a nice nap.  The turkey and ham & the hot tub took effect on him.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I hoppe your DH finds a way to inject his insulin more easily. I have a friend who has to check her levels before eating and sometimes has to give herself an injection and has done so quickly before me. I don't know what the difference in systems might be. She just pinches a roll above her stomach  while sitting and injects it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Based upon Linda's comments regarding the TSV, I have given it second thoughts despite wanting it very much. I'm attempting to cancel. I can always buy it at Amazon even if at a higher price when the time comes. It was the price that lured me into purchasing today rather than waiting.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

Twinny--I hoppe your DH finds a way to inject his insulin more easily. I have a friend who has to check her levels before eating and sometimes has to give herself an injection and has done so quickly before me. I don't know what the difference in systems might be. She just pinches a roll above her stomach  while sitting and injects it.

Thanks for the pinch while sitting idea.  Right now we are willing to try anything.  lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I hope the "pinch while sitting" idea works.

For me, I can't wait until the holidays are over. I always want something nice for myself but it isn't always the best idea.  Good purchases should be made after the holidays hoop-la is over.

Valued Contributor

Please forgive me for butting in, but I hope this helps, @twinny70

I have to give my DH the same insulin shots, and one other place you can  do them is on the area behind the upper arm. My dh isn't as tight in this area, and it may be easier to pinch a little more there on your DH as well. Good luck! It's easy once you get things settled into a routine. Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!  pinky