Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV. 15)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a very windy and rainy day, making it a good day to stay inside and start watching the latest season of The Crown on Netflix. 

I did shop today. Hanes had women's sweats on sale so I got 3 pair (top and bottom to match) for $60, or $20 for one pair. I'm not into cooking any more so I'm not watching cooking day or whatever it is called.

I am well stocked with groceries, so if I need to stay put in case the virus gets worse, I am well prepared with little need to go out. I do have an ortho appt on Wednesday, so I may had some things via curbside pick up for the holiday. I am not a turkey lover so that is not a need!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, NOV. 15)

Hi Everyone!

We are having heavy rain and winds for tne next day or two. It started last night. I'm crossing my fingers that we have all items secured and all the trees hold in the ground.

Yesterday, we did get outside to put up some of the Christmas decorations. I noticed that a few of the neighbors had the same idea as the weather was decent. I decided to stake in the Santa,Rudolph and tree on the back hill. I think that will be it for there. I go the other standing santa for the front porch and some mini trees that I'll put in planters around Thansgiving. It was so nice not to have frozen ground. Of course, now I'm on the search for the light bulbs for the back yard display. Those bulbs seem to burn out fast. I may have to get creative with the color scheme back there. LOL

I was so happy that I got to see part of Carolyn's kitchen show. Perfect timing on the dishes she showed. I had a set in my Kohl's cart since last week. I'm clearing out the kitchen cabinets and noticed that most of our ceramic dinnerwear is shipped or marking. I wanted something a bit lighter but still strong. Great buy so now the cabinets are ready for the holidays. 

I'm way behind in decluttering the Christmas storage room so that's #1 on my list for the coming weeks. I think I need to have that "round #1" finished before I start with putting up trees and deep frying a turkey. I want to find a charity that will take Christmas tree and ornaments as donations. I always try to get those things to needy families. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry your weather isn't nice, but at least you don't have any appointments or work that requires you leaving the house today.  I like the Hanes sweats, and I purchased a zip front sweatshirt from their website not too long ago.  My WalMart used to carry their Hanes sweats, but now has a different (and in my opinion inferior) brand. 

That is a great deal on those dishes, Fressa.  I am glad I didn't see the presentation because I am sure I would be tempted to buy them, and I certainly don't need any more dishes.  Good that you got some decorations up yesterday, and good luck with the lights.  I am really curious about how much you love your new range.  I was very impressed with how my friend's cooktop worked.  She is a retired architect, and has made many innovative changes to her house since she purchased it from her late Mom.

It was cool here this morning, but I was okay on my walk.  It should make it up to 80 degrees today, and keep getting warmer until next Friday.  

As some of you may have seen on FB, today would have been my Dad's 110th birthday and is my great nieces' second birthday.  So, today is a good day.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Just checked out the Hanes website, and found a sweatshirt I "needed" to replace one that has seen better days.  I love that there was no shipping charge along with the low price.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the alert!   And free shipping is a bonus!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Great timing on the dinnerware. Your decluttering is not behind schedule; those chipped dishes are going bye-bye.

Linda and Romary 1--I feel that I have accomplished something today by alerting you to the sale and free shipping.

The principal called me and asked me to be available all week to sub. I guess I will do it, but shortly after she called, the Superintendent called staff and parentts to alert them that one student in the system has been diagnosed with Covid, along with three probables. Time will tell how this will develop, but our state has guiidelines on what the local school system is permitted to do for instruction and activities based upon positivity rate. I may not be around to post until the evening.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.