Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 9)

Hi Everyone!

Happy Mother's Day!

It's raining, cool and cloudy today. Yesterday it actually hailed off and on. So strange and then the sun would appear and then some rain.Today's rain is to continue thru tomorrow early am. I knew I should have planted those flowers yesterday. UGH!!!

We worked on the front porch planters and rug yesterday. They look nice and provide a bit more space at the porch entrace. I was bit surprised that the other porch rugs were starting to show some wear. We get so much sun on that porch it really does wear on any surface. That will be on the replacement list for next year or a clearance sale. 

I hid the "hide a key" so well for the front and the back that I have yet to find it. LOL I also hid a dog lease/harness so you would think it would be somewhat visiable. I guess I'll have to replace both of those supplies and just hide them in the bottom of the planters.  There's usually at least one dog in the house at all times so the safety should still be there. I mainly hid the key because I kept getting locked out by one of the dogs or the door lock sticking when I have both dogs outside. 

Have a nice afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 9)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Happy Mother's Day everyone!

The intense sun can do a number on furniture, rugs, etc.  I was shocked to find that the paint on my plastic outdoor chairs had dried up/flaked and actually came off on DH's DD's pants when she sat on one.  After that, I decided to limit the number of chairs and check to see if they were okay before sitting on them (or having someone else sit on them.)  That is funny about the "hide key" and dog leash.  DH had hid a key outside, but then forgot where he hid it.  Not good.

It is warm/hot and sunny here with a high of 90 degrees predicted.  I went to church in person for the first time today, and despite being fairly early (9 am) and out on the covered patio, I was pretty hot by the end of the service.  Everyone wore masks, and we were socially distanced, so at least I felt okay about attending.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I didn't order yesterday's TSV -- took a great deal of restraint, but..... Hope I don't regret my decision, and you enjoy them, Fressa.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Mother's Day.  Fressa, rain, hail & more rain yikes.  Your porch sounds lovely.  We have a long front porch with spindles.  I want to paint them soon.  It will be the 2nd time in 26 years, so I can't complain.  They get sunshine from the West, but there is an overhang which helps a lot.  My mom got locked out of here house soon after my dad passed away.  We only lived a block away, but we were gone for the day.  Her neighbor drove her 22 miles to my brothers house to get a key.  After that she hid one under a rock in her front yard.  We keep an extra key in an ice cream pail in the garage.   Now that we have a garage door opener in the Subaru & a key pad on the garage, we just have to push 4 #'s & hit open.  

Linda L, that's funny about hiding a key & don't know where it is.  It sounds pretty hot in your area already.  

It's a sunny cool day and I am loving it.  I have been on a chocolate high, so my DH gave me 6 huge chocolate covered strawberries & a nice card this morning.  I am going to ask my Dr. if one of my meds makes me crave chocolate when I see her in July.

We had a good lunch here with my dh's Mom & one of his brothers.  Their mom broke one of her hearing aids and he knows how to fix it.  He has been deaf probably since birth, but started wearing hearing aids since he was sbout three.  My DH got carry out 🍕🍕🍕 from our favorite Italian restaurant.  

I am so glad that we did a whole house spring cleaning job a few months ago.  It's so easy to clean or dust now and then.  Here & there.  I didn't have to declutter as I don't keep it if I am not going to use it.  

It was so nice in the hot tub today.

My DH gets his eyes tested tomorrow morning.  Since its a new place for us, I am going with him to see if they have any frames that I like. If they do, I will go going to get my 👀👀👀 tested.  It makes me nervous about going to a new optometrist.  

We are leaving home on Friday morning & staying in a State Park campground 1/2 way down thru IL for the night.  We are not ready to stay in a motel room yet. Then on Saturday afternoon, we will be to our great niece's graduation party.  It's  a small family outdoor party, so we feel safe going & will mask up when we are in the house.  I haven't seen my niece and her family for two years, my brother for 8 months and his son's for two years.  Most of us are fully vaccinated and still following the Covid 19 rules.  My bil that was here today, got the virus after a Christmas day get together and was being very careful.  He said that he still goes NOWHERE without a mask.  I think he told us 6 times to mask up.  Believe me, we do & we only go to a few places.  Grocery store, pharmacy and the gym.  

We will be returning home a week from tomorrow, as my dh has his labs/6 month Dr appt the next day which is important.  I have 3 curtains made for the Subaru &  2 to go.  It's exciting to go on a mini vacation again and I like my own comforter, pillow and memory foam mattress.  

My former sil and two youngest dgc all had chills, aches and a sore arm for a few days after the 2nd vaccination, but will be at the 2 weeks after period on Thursday.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to all Heart It's a balmy 46 degrees outside Woman Very Happy  We've been getting spritzes of rain on and off during the day.  My sisters and brothers to the south in Ohio had a far worse forecast so I'm not complaining.  Living in SE Michigan, they always show the map for Illinois, Indiana and Ohio and boy do those states get it weatherwise.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise