Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 8)

Hi Everyone!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY (fur babies included) to all!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 8)

To the Mom's and nurturers out there

Happy Mother's Day GIFs - 23 Moving Greeting Cards For Free

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No photo description available.Happy Mother's Day In Heaven Happy Mothers Day

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to Fressa, meallen, and all of our posters and readers!

Church was very good today, and my DD and I just finished chatting.  She had sent me the Beekman 1802 TSV for Mother's Day, and I am very interested to try the products.  The box they came in is lovely.

It is hot today, but not as hot as yesterday with a high of 90 degrees predicted.  But, it is dry and windy -- not easy on my eyes, etc.  Fortunately, it wasn't too bad when I took my morning walk.

The lady from my Bible study is taking me to look for hiking boots tomorrow morning.  I hope I find some that work for me since I would like to get into hiking rather than just walking.  She is an experienced hiker and leads a hiking group here.

Thanks for the information about the toaster, Bernie.  Depending on how much I spend on hiking boots, I may go ahead and order one.  Glad you were able to do the edging, but sorry it was such a difficult process.  I mowed and trimmed, but never did the edging for my Maryland house.  However, I ended up hiring a teenager who both mowed the lawn and did the edging when I was going back and forth between Arizona and there.  Anyway, I was amazed at how nice it looked. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers. 

Hugs,

Linda  

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  

What a lovely gift from your daughter.  I think hiking is a good idea.  Walking is good however after awhile I get tired of looking at the same thing.  I deserved every ache and pain yesterday Linda because I know better and there is no excuse for me letting the edging go for so long.  The worst is behind me and it will be easy to maintain moving forward.

I mowed the backyard and then hit home depot for a couple of more items that I wanted.  It was sunny and in the 60's today - what a beautiful Mother's Day for families that gathered outside for cookouts or yard parties. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to all of you fur, feather or human mother's.  I was fortunate to have my Mom for 95 years.  The only time I didn't see her on Mother's Day  was the year that our ds graduated with his Doctorate in PT from the MIHCP in Boston.  I took me a while to remember what the name of the college was.

We had a good lunch at Cracker Barrel.  Then went to a few shops and bought nothing. 

Fressa, we are now singing "I've Been Everywhere".  Our 50th wedding anniversary didn't turn out at all like we had planned, so we are having a great vacation and the weather has been perfect.  Never in a million years did I ever imagine we would be in a shutdown for 2 years. 

In the last two weeks the only rain we have gotten was a one hour shower after we had been on the road for about 5 days  & a few nights ago when it rained hard from 8PM-midnight.  Then it was a nice sunny day when we got up.

Bird Mama  you are so right about outlet stores.  The only one I have really liked was the Kittery Outlet Mall up in ME.  I could always find shoes & long pants in Short.  Petite doesn't do it for me.

This morning we went to Branson Landing for a few hours.  We were there 3 year's ago and many years ago when they were just beginning to build it. It's quite impressive.  Lots of stores and restaurants but we chose to go to Cracker Barrel and get the fried chicken. It was good and we have a lot of leftovers for dinner.

It's a beautiful day in the 70's & sunny.  We are heading out first thing tomorrow morning and planning to get back home on Tuesday.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70---What a great vacation!  I thought that it was a good plan the way you combined the different eateries and lodgings. A great mix of cost and meals. So happy that you were finally able to complete your 50/50 (50/52) and didn't have too many disappointements. Safe travels.

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---You certainly keep active. When we were going to the ranch I found my hiking boots at Deluthe Trading or LandsEnd on line.  It's better if you can buy them in a local store (if possible) because you have more spots in the boot that can be a fit "issue".

Our weather is all over the scale in temperature but the rain has finally stopped. (That's because I started planting flowers. LOL ) This week is predicted to be cool at night and hot during the day.  

I'm waiting on the arrival of the last few planters that I ordered. This is always where I guess wrong how long they can survive in the garage. Fingers crossed.