Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 31)

[ Edited ]

Greetings, shopping friends. I am doing well following the rotator cuff surgery. I had always had good feelings about the surgery so I wasn't overly concerned. as many things were beyond my control. They took my blood pressure again right before giving me the pain block. I must have been really excited as my blood pressure was 119/63.

This is part of the post I made on Facebook as an easy way to update people, and knew pcrobably someone would report back. Just typing this to this point is exhausting: May 29 at 4:56 PM · Good evening, everyone! I am back from the rotator cuff surgery. I feel fine but the arm and hand have zero feeling. I filled the prescription for pain pills to take when the nerve bock wears off. It was interesting watching the anesthesiologist use ultrasound to locate the correct place to inject the nerve block. Apparently he found it! When I got home at 3pm, I fixed myself a sandwich and coffee as I hadn't eaten since 6 pm the night before. I also opened Midnight a can of cat food. I do feel great but that might change tomorrow. Yes, I am following the instructions and answers to my questions. I basically prepared well but time will tell. Thanks for all the comments and prayers.

That was Friday evening. As of Sunday morning, the pain is just a dull throb when it does occur. I had prepared easy to fix meals and stored or had shelf stable foods to eat, but the neighborhood has brought me food or meals from my favorite restaurant. I took my arm out of the sling and did the first of the 5 exercises I am to do each day. It created no pain when doing them. It amazes me that a camera can be put down one of those tiny holes or incisions, and the necessary instruments down in the other incision. It does make for faster healing when less invasive methods are used.

The person that took me was unable to go into the facility, and I had to wear a mask. I was greeted by a nurse who grilled me on my reccent activities and took my temperature before being permitted into the waiting area. I'm still wearing a wrist band that has the name of the nerve block used should I need to go to the ER, where it would warn them of the use. It includes name of drug, date andd times given.

I wore loose fitting clothes, including the Denim & Co. beach pants for easy on and easy off at the surgery site as well as other loose fitting pull up pants and open front shirts at home.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely...and be safe!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 31)

KomKat--Glad to hear that your procedure went well and the meds are doing their job. It sounds like you are on a good road of recovery. Such good news. Get some rest and try to enjoy your time off as you recover. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for the update, Jean.  I am very happy and relieved that things went so well (all things considered), and you are on the road to recovery.  That was so nice of your neighbors to get meals for you from the restaurants you enjoy.  

Hi Fressa.  Hope it isn't too hot there, and you are feeling okay.

I've just finished watching my church service on the computer, and it was quite good.  Lots to pray about these days.

It is hot here (93 degrees at the moment), and they have issued another excessive heat warning.  We had some rain yesterday evening, and it was nice.  But, it was quite warm when I got up this morning, and I was happy to get home from my walk.  It should be cooler tomorrow morning, thank goodness.

Very, very quiet here.  I have a little ironing to do, and plan to do some much needed cleaning. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean. You are a trooper and it sounds like you have things under control.  Wearing loose clothing will make things much easier for you too.  Take care of yourself and it was nice seeing your post today.

it's a beautiful  70° day today.  Tomorrow will be the end of it. Then they are saying 89° by Tuesday and then lower 80's  for the rest of the week.

My DH still has a black eye from the small growth he had removed from under his eye.  The itching is over, I am cleaning it twice a day with Hydrogen Peroxide & I hope that we are on our way to total healing.

Linda L, thanks for thinking about my classmate Marian whom passed away on Thursday.  Because of the virus, there will be a service later.  It's a sad time for her family.  

I get my next infusion tomorrow afternoon.  Then we are going to see our 3 dgc for a few minutes from a safe distance when I am all done.  This morning I baked blueberry and chocolate chip muffins and chocolate chip cookies.  They will enjoy them except for our youngest dgs.  He eats NO sweets, so he will get a nice chunk of Muenster.  

I have two loads of laundry on the line.  

We had a drive thru lunch from McDonald's today, hot tubbed and now my DH is mowing the lawn again.  It's been growing way too fast.  

I am going to have an easy day.  Reading a good book out on the porch.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, my heart aches with all of the violence going on in our beautiful country.  It's quiet here too.  That's a good thing.  It doesn't seem like Sunday, as we aren't going to church yet.  We aren't going until we feel that it's safe to do so.  as

Marijane, you will be getting about 6 days of 80's & a few showers here and there.  

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm happy to read that your surgery went well and that you are not feeling intense pain.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Happy to hear you are doing so well, hope the healing continues to go smoothly.

Linda - I am jealous of your weather, we had a sunny but, cool day here.  Our furnace was running this morning, it was 49 degrees out.  

Twinny - Good luck on the infusion tomorrow.  Have a nice time with the visit.

Oh, I have to tell you I HAVE A HAIR APPT ON THE 10TH.  I am so excited, I need a cut and a color.  I am starting to resemble a skunk. 

Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, good luck with your upcoming haircut.  I have no idea when my salon is going to be open, but I can wait a few more weeks.  My DH helped me trim it a few weeks ago, & it's still manageable.  I told Marijane that I am going to send her our hot weather which begins on Tuesday again.  I have decided to send it to you and you can send it to her.  Right now I am so happy to have 50's at night and upper 60's-70's during the day.