Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 30)

Hi Everyone!

It's been cold with rain. wind and storms for days. Today is cloudy, cold and so far no rain. I hope to get some outside weeding started. Yesterday, I had zero energy and still wasn't feeling up to any task. 

i did watch quite a bit of the Q yesterday which I haven't doen in a long time. I stuck with my origianl order of the TSV and hopefully guessed at the size. I always check the charts and reviews but you still cross your fingers. 

LindatLatte----I was tempted to order another pair or two of the TSV but decided to think about it for a few days. Since they do not ship until late I figure  I have some time.

Birdmama--What a drive you had. It makes me nervous to drive on strange roads in rural areas. I give you credit for attempting such an "adventure". My husband's family is from the West and it's very rual out there. I know I'm spoiled here with being so close to stores yet secluded. 

I finally put the new Bissel steam mop together the other day. It's much lighter than the old one I had but the steam head is larger. Fewer swipes across all these floors. YIPPEE!!! 

The other day we tackled the gutter situation with all the rain and the clogging. We have screens and guards and newer gutters but still clogs. We pulled out all the gutter screens from the gutters on the low side of the house and replace the downspout drain guard with another type. The back gutters are super high so we're letting them alone for now. We'll see how this system works for now. Does anyone remember seeing that extention device to clean the gutters from standing on the pavement? You attached it to a leaf blower? We may have to duct tape something together to get the job done safer.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 30)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Hope you are able to get some weeding done today.  It is hot and mostly sunny here with a high of 95 degrees expected.  We had church outside on the patio, and at one point a bead of sweat came down from my head.  Fortunately, there was a bit of a breeze at least part of the time.

Hope the skimmers work out for us.  Not at all a need for me, but I know that they will be used if they fit and I like them.  I spent a bunch of time this morning trying to put together a red, white, and blue outfit.  I certainly had a lot of choices.  One of the church members who was also wearing the colors complimented me which was nice.

Glad you like the new steam mop, and I hope the gutter situation works out.

That drive sounds scary, Bernie.  Glad you made it okay.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fresdsa--Thank you for starting the thread. It is cold here with people turning the heat back on for periods.

I haven't watched the Q for some time or checked the website. I just am not in the buying mood. I am so tired and there is little to look forward to here that doesn't require driving miles of crooked roads to get to the interstates about an  hour away.

I hope each has a great Memorial Day. It used to be a time with family got together but most of them are now deceased. I'm not really part of the neices' families for get togethers aas they live over an hour and a half away. I just do my own celebration.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

The weather has been nice & sunny and in the 60's.  Perfect for me.  When I was on my walk yesterday, a couple came out of a popular cafe and he said to his wife "I wish it would stay like this until next March.  I told him "me too."It's going to be in the 70's by tomorrow & mid 80's by next Sunday. Ugh.   It's our nieces hs graduation party.  

It's been a very sad weekend for me.  My bf since we were juniors in hs called me while we were eating lunch yesterday sobbing that her dh had died at his facility.  She said two people knocked on her door at 11:00.  One was the coroner & a police officer.

As soon as we were done eating, we took off to see her.  She said that the nurses aide that came on duty at 8:00 was supposed to check on him every 15 minutes.  She stuck her head in the door at 8:00 & never checked on him the rest of the night.  When the a.m. Nurse came on duty at 8:00, he was face down and had dried blood on his face.

There is going to be an investigation, so the autopsy can't be done until next Wednesday. She is lucky that both of their dd's live nearby and could go right over with a few dgc until we got there.  She last saw him on Wednesday for 20 minutes & he was talking & so  glad to see her.  This pandemic has taken a toll on all of us.  We never got to see him after March of last year & until a few weeks ago, she hadn't seen him for a couple of months.

We went to a couple of cemeteries last night as they are very close to my bf's house.  We did my families cemetery in the morning and need to go back in a few days.  We are going to pick out our plot and grave marker.  We were going to do it last year, but couldn't go in person bc of the Pandemic.  

Right now I need your thoughts and prayers.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's husband, Glenda.  I will certainly pray for her and her family.  Glad you and her family were able to be with her.  What a sad story.  Hugs.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70--I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Such a sad time for all of you. 

Honored Contributor

Oh Glenda @twinny70  what a sorrowful situation for your BF.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise