Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 29th)

Good Afternoon!  Sorry to hear about your accident, Bernie.  Hope your finger isn't broken, and you aren't in too much pain.  You certainly did a lot of yard work.  Good luck with the mowing.

DD texted me that the dishwasher broke again and the water leaked through the floor in the basement.  There is no water in the house (I guess they turned it off) and they can't get a plumber until tomorrow night.  They have decided to have the pipes repaired and offer the new owners money for a new dishwasher.  Needless to say, she is very upset.

My early morning walk and church were good, and I plan to go to the gym this afternoon.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I hope everyone is having a nice Sunday.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 29th)

Aww Geez Linda @LindaLatte  I am so sorry to read that DD's dishwasher broke and seeped through the floor.  Even though it isn't the same thing, after I got rid of my old Renault Alliance, I leased an Oldsmobile Achieva for 4 years.  About 6 weeks before the turn in date, someone broke into the car and stole the stereo system out of the dash.  I was so close to turning the car in and since I only had street parking available to me, I decided to call the Oldmobile dealership and my Allstate agent at the time and propose a solution.  Allstate cut me a check which I turned over to the Oldmobile dealer when I turned the car in.  That was the only damage on the car and it was  inside, lol.

My feelings would have been hurt if this had happened early in the lease however I was absolutely heartbroken that it happened so close to the turn in date.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 29th)

LindaLatte---Sorry to hear about your DD's dishwasher. What a mess.  Hopefully, the plumber will do the job in a day so it's done. The dishwasher check sounds like a good solution to sale. Crossing my fingers that it comes together for them.